Autopsy post mortem v hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

I was very pleased with all the kids bar Tarryn who did * all until the last 10 minutes of the match. Perhaps it was coaches instructions.

Mahony drifted out, but that's expected at this stage.

Ahern did not get enough of the ball, but it was a much more honest effort tonight.

I liked how the Hawks have impunity to play on from a clear free kick to us with the footy and not get pinged for a fifty.

Must be tough to hear the umpire above the raucous crowd.
fk me, I was screaming at the tv about this. This is another part of the reason why the game is fkd and a clog. Give the ball back immediately. Hawks too clever for the umps.

Round 1 - Ziebell goes off with second half comeback.

Round 4 - Ziebell goes off with last quarter comeback.

Sorry, but he is cooked. I would be shocked if he plays beyond 2021.

Don’t play 2 ruckmen,it is just f**king dumb.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Surely you aren’t counting Xerri as a ruckman?

Clearly we were - don't you have Foxtel? Turnover merchant all night.

3 x turnovers out of 21 disposals @ 76% in 93% TOG and he pantsed a certified gun.

[b{Lmac was good imo.

Anderson F'd up a number of times but he is a pivotal part of the side with his pressure acts and hard hits.

Just missing BenC BIGTIME for getting the ball on the outside in stoppages.
A few poor disposals aside, I thought he was one of our best. The defenders were really under the pump tonight. Macca, Taz & Walker all saved us from being down by 9 goal at 3/4 time.
One passage of play in particular where he went back with the flight of the ball to mark it was pretty courageous.
I think he’s had a half decent season so far.

Beard good too.

& one thing

Higgins I love you but where have you been the last few weeks?
i commented when watching the game that despite the large number of possesions, that he hadn't had a big impact on the game. Having said that, I am so glad he plays for us.

Will not be AA even if he continues his current form.

Media monkeys are campaigning hard for Weitering. It’s a common theme, Robbie gets overlooked in favour of the media’s new darling.

Dunno, to be fair commentators have been calling robbie the best key defender in the comp when i've watched our games. That said, I can't bring my self to watch a carlton game so don't know how erect they are about weitering. Personal view is I'd be disappointed with him as a #1 draft pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to recruit Sicily. Our players can't hit each other with a 25 metre pass under minimal pressure, but they seem to be able to hit him lace out constantly. Imagine if he was on our side!
a lot of people take pot shots at sicily buy i must say i like him, gets under opps skin, relentlessly tough and would wear the shinboner moniker no problem.

3 x turnovers out of 21 disposals @ 76% in 93% TOG and he pantsed a certified gun.
I didn't see it that way at all, especially the three only turnovers - bullshit I reckon. But hard to argue with your stats. One bottle of (inexpensive) sav blanc and now the whole BF mob is against me. At least I will sleep well.

a lot of people take pot shots at sicily buy i must say i like him, gets under opps skin, relentlessly tough and would wear the shinboner moniker no problem.

We seemed more interested in trying to hurt him than win the ball, Ziebell especially. Living rent free in our head!

It occurred to me tonight we have a lot of left footed HBFers with no right boot. Very frustrating

I didn't see it that way at all, especially the three only turnovers - bullshit I reckon. But hard to argue with your stats. One bottle of (inexpensive) sav blanc and now the whole BF mob is against me. At least I will sleep well.
Stats are good to a point. He's very shaky with the ball.

We were coming out of defense. He had Walker by himself. Missed the kick, forced Walker to gather in traffic and was forced into a turnover.

He wasn't credited with a turnover, but it was his poor kick that cost us.

Somewhat surprised at the Brown criticisms. Our ball movement was horrendous, especially into 50 and he was quite often double and triple teamed. Not sure what he's supposed to do when the ball is bombed on his head and he's got 3 blokes grabbing him
i see you watched a different game to me, he stank, in the first 1/4 there was a beautiful pass directed at him, nice and low out in front, all he had to do was run forward and put the arms out, but no instead, he decides to flap about like one of those fan operated effogies you see out the front of the tyre places.

and lets not even mention those 2 single handed "efforts".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back