Not open for further replies.

Juzzomac

Club Legend
Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
I don't actually support North Melb
Does everyone think MCcluggage is worth taking a risk on now?

Why has he been getting pure mid time for the last 2 weeks for after playing more forward the first 2 weeks?

Anyone or any Lions fans care to comment? :think:
Zorko out R3, and then injured early in R4, allowed him to play more in the middle than on the wing/fwd.

I can't see myself finishing the season with 8 pure mids, let alone SP's

I currently only have 4 pure mids after trading out Dunkley, Fyfe (oops) and Rowell, and that includes "bargain bin" Yeo and "I'll carry him at M8 all year for a 90 average if I'm lucky" Viney

18 trades left with 10 rounds to go, with rookies capping out at $220k-$300k, I just don't know how I'm going to afford the ~$600k mid studs like Titch, Treloar, Oliver, etc

Somebody like Cunnington (BE of 201) could be an absolute bargain in a few weeks if he can get his body right and string a few games together. Usually very reliable, hardly misses games. Zorko and Cogs are on my radar for round 8 trade ins

Last edited:
I can't see myself finishing the season with 8 pure mids, let alone SP's

I currently only have 4 pure mids after trading out Dunkley, Fyfe (oops) and Rowell, and that includes "bargain bin" Yeo and "I'll carry him at M8 all year for a 90 average if I'm lucky" Viney

18 trades left with 10 rounds to go, with rookies capping out at $220k-$300k, I just don't know how I'm going to afford the ~$600k mid studs like Titch, Treloar, Oliver, etc

Somebody like Cunnington (BE of 201) could be an absolute bargain in a few weeks if he can get his body right and string a few games together. Usually very reliable, hardly misses games. Zorko and Cogs are on my radar for round 8 trade ins

Its hard we are all going to comprise somewhere. Somehow i now have 7 premo mids. Neale Fyfe Danger Macrae Bont Titch Cripps but still plenty of rookies on field. It wasnt even a plan it just happened. Once I get the gull going to look to the rest of the spots with some value picks.

Its hard we are all going to comprise somewhere. Somehow i now have 7 premo mids. Neale Fyfe Danger Macrae Bont Titch Cripps but still plenty of rookies on field. It wasnt even a plan it just happened. Once I get the gull going to look to the rest of the spots with some value picks.
We’re on similar paths. Also batting deep in the mids. Got the same midfield (minus Bont ) and Lloyd is my next target. Only started with Doc Laird in defense.

We’re on similar paths. Also batting deep in the mids. Got the same midfield (minus Bont ) and Lloyd is my next target. Only started with Doc Laird in defense.
Such a ripper midfield fellas, bloody jealous.
I got Howe in (and then out again so sad), then Simpkin, Ridley, Petracca and now Lloyd, I just keep getting non-mid players. I'm doing poorly, not like you studs, so getting your midfield sorted before any other line is the way to go, I'm just a ******* derp
Keep it up boys :D

I got Howe in (and then out again so sad), then Simpkin, Ridley, Petracca and now Lloyd, I just keep getting non-mid players. I'm doing poorly, not like you studs, so getting your midfield sorted before any other line is the way to go, I'm just a ******* derp

Or maybe i should get an 8th mid before the gull lol. Nah u gotta have that guy.

Though I was thinking about ur boy trelaor for that last spot. So expensive though

Or maybe i should get an 8th mid before the gull lol. Nah u gotta have that guy.

Though I was thinking about ur boy trelaor for that last spot. So expensive though
Gotta get the gull

Yeah Treloar will score well, he'll get 30+ touches every week, even with shorter matches, he just loves getting a hold of the ball. Even with a few shanks, he'll still go ~120

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got 4 spots left, want to finish off with Fyfe, Gaff, Danger/Titch and a cheapie like Duncan in a bit.
If only Rowell didn't get injured I'd be in a good spot for the mids.
You're looking at: Fyfe, Gaff, Danger, Titch

I'm looking at: Cunnington, Zorko, Cogs, Sloane, MCrouch, TKelly, and MID/FWDS like BSmith, Heeney

Poverty is bad

May 15, 2017
My Couch
AFL Club
Richmond
You're looking at: Fyfe, Gaff, Danger, Titch

I'm looking at: Cunnington, Zorko, Cogs, Sloane, MCrouch, TKelly, and MID/FWDS like BSmith, Heeney

Poverty is bad
Tbh I probably will only get 2 of Fyfe, Titch, Danger, Dunks and then have to get 2 fallen Premos. If I can just time my rookie culling right and no more injuries then I should be ok.

With $300k in the bank I only need 1 more Defence (Ridley Next week), and 2 more Forwards (BSmith for $400k in 2 weeks and Dusty when he decides to start the season), so that should be done (besides Dusty atm) in around 3 trades over the next 2 weeks.

Then I'm left with 15 trades for 4 Mid spots.
Fyfe should come down a bit, will probably get injured again at some stage.
Gaff should also come down a bit with a 150 BE.
Dunks will be around the same.
Then Duncan should be around $500k.
So there's a chance.

Sacrificed the backline in order to go hard in the midfield. Wanted to anchor my team with the best studs and build around it. Now I’m focusing on the backs to add to (Doc Laird). Brought in Haynes this week with Lloyd next. Don’t think I’ll be able to complete a full premo side so targeting blue chip guys. Will look for value picks like Bailey Smith when they present.

Sacrificed the backline in order to go hard in the midfield. Wanted to anchor my team with the best studs and build around it. Now I’m focusing on the backs to add to (Doc Laird). Brought in Haynes this week with Lloyd next. Don’t think I’ll be able to complete a full premo side so targeting blue chip guys. Will look for value picks like Bailey Smith when they present.

Lots of value in the mids ATM..Duncan and shuey etc.

Backline not alot of value.
All the good scoring kents are 500k plus.

May 15, 2017
My Couch
AFL Club
Richmond
My 4 Mid targets:
Fyfe to drop to around $100-150k if he keeps getting parked up forward. Gaff gonna lose $100k+ over the next few weeks with a 85 and 63 in his rolling avg. Will build a war chest to bring them in the same round (RD 9?) for around $550k and $480k each.
Duncan will drop to $500k whenever he gets back.
Dunkley will be the expensive one to get in. Most likely my final upgrade depending when Duncan returns.

Fyfe, $639k with a BE of 218
Gaff, $559k with a BE of 176
Zerrett, $579k with a BE of 192
Parker, $558k with a BE of 171
Cunnington, $563k with a BE of 207
Duncan, $555k with a BE of 194
Cripps, $552k with a BE of 150
Bont, $571k with a BE of 162

My 4 Mid targets:
Fyfe to drop to around $100-150k if he keeps getting parked up forward. Gaff gonna lose $100k+ over the next few weeks with a 85 and 63 in his rolling avg. Will build a war chest to bring them in the same round (RD 9?) for around $550k and $480k each.
Duncan will drop to $500k whenever he gets back.
Dunkley will be the expensive one to get in. Most likely my final upgrade depending when Duncan returns.

Duncan's chance to play this week. If gets though rehab and training.
Worst case he misses one game, Something like 11 day break before the rd8 game vs freo.

Yeo still under 500k.
Shuey 470k ish .

Cheap mids everywhere.

Fyfe, $639k with a BE of 218
Gaff, $559k with a BE of 176
Zerrett, $579k with a BE of 192
Parker, $558k with a BE of 171
Cunnington, $563k with a BE of 207
Duncan, $555k with a BE of 194
Cripps, $552k with a BE of 150
Bont, $571k with a BE of 162
update on those that played: