EDFL Premier Div 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

These clubs thinking it is a good thing to play have rocks in their heads. The area the league is in the worse in the country for covid cases. Wake up you muppets
Only for the moment. In 2 weeks time it might be completely gone from that area or a new hotspot could have started up somewhere else.

Everyone needs to stop making decisions based on the current situation and make decisions based on what the situation is likely to be in one month, two months, three months time.

Also echo My North's statement before. If some clubs and/or players don't want to play, then don't play. Nobody is holding a gun to your head. That is no reason to stop others who want to play from playing. If all the relevant health and regulatory bodies say its ok, then thats good enough for me. It bemuses me why certain club presidents think they know better than them.

Only for the moment. In 2 weeks time it might be completely gone from that area or a new hotspot could have started up somewhere else.

Everyone needs to stop making decisions based on the current situation and make decisions based on what the situation is likely to be in one month, two months, three months time.

Also echo My North's statement before. If some clubs and/or players don't want to play, then don't play. Nobody is holding a gun to your head. That is no reason to stop others who want to play from playing. If all the relevant health and regulatory bodies say its ok, then thats good enough for me. It bemuses me why certain club presidents think they know better than them.
Trouble is no one knows what the situation is one, two or three months down the track until we get there. No one has a crystal ball

Are you blokes living in a bubble. Look at the rest of the world. We are very lucky to live in Australia. If victoria keeps going the way we are we will be like the rest of the world. Wake up

75 new cases.

The meeting on Tuesday night should be about reconsidering one of the decisions last week, but it's not the decision to cancel senior footy that needs to be reconsidered.

How the hell can junior footy go ahead in suburbs that are part of the hot spots.

If the EDFL change their decision and say the senior comp is back on, the clubs that don't want to play (which across all divisions, is the majority) really need to come together and take action against the decision makers.

Last edited:
71 new cases.

The meeting on Tuesday night should be about reconsidering one of the decisions last week, but it's not the decision to cancel senior footy that needs to be reconsidered.

How the hell can junior footy go ahead in suburbs that are part of the hot spots.

If the EDFL change their decision and say the senior comp is back on, the clubs that don't want to play (which across all divisions, is the majority) really need to come together and take action against the decision makers.
Decisions need to be made based on what the government authorities recommend. Again why panic and cancel the junior season based on an existing hotspot that may have moved or have disappeared all together in two weeks time?

And if everything gets cancelled then are we meant to spend the next two/three/four years jumping at shadows every time a cluster is identified. People cannot live like that. Its not sustainable.

It’s amusing that the all powerful people(in their minds) can’t accept the decisions made by the board that they helped put together. Of course everyone would love to have footy played this year.. but in this worsening situation we are all in the board have come up with the correct decision... should have happened sooner

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are not talking about 2, 3 or 4 years, we are talking about now.

And right now we have an increasing number of cases every day.
That’s true and I’m not siding either way, but if we are in same position next year what do we do?
At a guess I’d say majority of people will say stuff this we aren’t not playing again provided the death rate in Aus is very low.
His thinking is probably if we say that next season, why not say that now.

It’s amusing that the all powerful people(in their minds) can’t accept the decisions made by the board that they helped put together. Of course everyone would love to have footy played this year.. but in this worsening situation we are all in the board have come up with the correct decision... should have happened sooner
Ok but what is the board decision?

We are not talking about 2, 3 or 4 years, we are talking about now.

And right now we have an increasing number of cases every day.
Agree - but decisions need to be made rationally and not be panic driven.
The reality is all of us are going to have to live with highs and lows in terms of virus numbers for the next few years. Ideally we need to take a medium/long view with this.

Ok but what is the board decision?
THE EDFL Board of Management has this evening elected to cancel all senior competitions for the 2020 season.

Apparently Bruce Kent wrote to the EDFL and stated that the decision wasn't made in accordance with the EDFL constitution or Bi Laws, the laws that the law firm he owns wrote for the EDFL so they need to formally convene another board meeting and make the decision in accordance with those laws.

Last edited:
THE EDFL Board of Management has this evening elected to cancel all senior competitions for the 2020 season.

Apparently Bruce Kent wrote to the EDFL and stated that the decision wasn't made in accordance with the EDFL constitution or Bi Laws, the laws that the law firm he owns wrote for the EDFL so they need to formally convene another board meeting and make the decision in accordance with those laws.
That makes sense. So meeting tomorrow night is just a dot the i's, cross the t's in terms of the decision made last week.

Thanks.

Agree - but decisions need to be made rationally and not be panic driven.
The reality is all of us are going to have to live with highs and lows in terms of virus numbers for the next few years. Ideally we need to take a medium/long view with this.

The CHO has said today that he expects the numbers to get worse before they get better.

That makes sense. So meeting tomorrow night is just a dot the i's, cross the t's in terms of the decision made last week.

Thanks.
They need to get a majority of clubs to vote no to playing the season. If they vote yes then the season is back on. Only the clubs have the power to cancel the season not the board. I’m not sure what percentage they need to vote no to get a cancellation. Im guessing somewhere between 50-75%

They need to get a majority of clubs to vote no to playing the season. If they vote yes then the season is back on. Only the clubs have the power to cancel the season not the board. I’m not sure what percentage they need to vote no to get a cancellation. Im guessing somewhere between 50-75%
What does the constitution or Bi Laws on voting say Horse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back