It just doesn’t feel real

Remove this Banner Ad

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
These no show games have my mind in a whole other space.
My normal match day routine parking in the back blocks of Richmond , the trek thru the station , a spit in the gutter and a catch up with the regs in M16 is but a memory
In the absence I’m de senstitised to the losses , kinda like paying for your fines from the secret acct so you don’t notice

Wake me up when it’s over

My normal match day routine parking in the back blocks of Richmond , the trek thru the station , a spit in the gutter and a catch up with the regs in M16 is but a memory
In the absence I’m de senstitised to the losses , kinda like paying for your fines from the secret acct so you don’t notice

Ive turned over to the nrl at half time, I need to go online to check other results, but the networks are getting product

Ive turned over to the nrl at half time, I need to go online to check other results, but the networks are getting product
I watched 7 NRL games to 2 AFL games this week.(Lions game was the other game)
Ive just lost total interest in the AFL as a spectacle these days.

My whole life is in a whole other space... no games, no job and no spark!!
Thank God for events elsewhere...

My whole life is in a whole other space... no games, no job and no spark!!
Thank God for events elsewhere...

Dunno if a "like" was the right response, TIA. Sorry to hear things are crappy in your world. There's always Liverpool, I guess.

Dunno if a "like" was the right response, TIA. Sorry to hear things are crappy in your world. There's always Liverpool, I guess.
No real right to whinge when you look at situations world wide TBH.
Resigned to being out of work for a while but wife is still working and we'll survive... hate feeling all "woe is me"
Off to watch Liverpool stuff!

sh*t skills, congested footy, low scores.

It's boring and frustrating to watch. I can't watch a full game, even though the quarters are shorter.

Even the players look disinterested.

Hopefully this season gets put out of its misery sooner rather than later.
Clarko is 100% spot on... while players are allowed to hold onto the ball, drop the ball, throw the ball and hand the ball to a teammate and create a ball up, the game is ugly.
The only time games are exciting are those times players make a mistake and are forced to make the play.

Clarko is 100% spot on... while players are allowed to hold onto the ball, drop the ball, throw the ball and hand the ball to a teammate and create a ball up, the game is ugly.
The only time games are exciting are those times players make a mistake and are forced to make the play.
And yet the oracle Gerard whankley is silent about the state of the game

I’m sorry man, hoping for some normality sooner rather than later , take care
Cheers but as I said earlier, I have no real reason to complain...
No real right to whinge when you look at situations world wide TBH.
Resigned to being out of work for a while but wife is still working and we'll survive... hate feeling all "woe is me"
Off to watch Liverpool stuff!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't complain as I have kept my job, but the whole AFL thing has become a farce. If we have lost interest imagine how our list is feeling
I’d be lying if I said I had NO interest , just seems a bit surreal , zombie apocalypse type stuff with games in empty stadiums , it feels nothing like it should . I care more about my $10 same game multis ,,,,how good are they , just got onto them

And yet the oracle Gerard whankley is silent about the state of the game
Clarko is half right and half the culprit with his s**t new game style of 16 players back. The umpires interpretation of HTB continues to confound and it shouldn’t be that hard , if the player runs a few yards or even turns and is pinned it is holding the *en ball and to ultimately pay holding the man is blight on the dopey campaigner with the whistle ,,and it happens way to often

I’d be lying if I said I had NO interest , just seems a bit surreal , zombie apocalypse type stuff with games in empty stadiums , it feels nothing like it should . I care more about my $10 same game multis ,,,,how good are they , just got onto them
Take your word as I don't bet on Football or take multis. Ponies all the way. Win only and occasinal place bet. Turned a profit the past 5 years.

Take your word as I don't bet on Football or take multis. Ponies all the way. Win only and occasinal place bet. Turned a profit the past 5 years.
Only ponies during carnival time , footy is a 2 horse race. Same game multi are the go, take 2 players to score a goal ea with some respectable odds . Lots of diff options

Time to shut up shop and just write this season off. Play the kids, grab a top 3 pick and set ourselves up for life after Riewoldt, Houli & Co.

We still have some very talented kids not getting a game atm.

Just here to feel vindicated also. Miss getting the train up to Richmond station or even booking a cheap hotel in the area and making a night of it on a Friday or Saturday night.

Looking at Geelong’s highlights on the show “On The Couch”,gees,backward passing ,chip kicking,I reckon they are doing it because of the non crowd.

How many times you hear someone in the crowd yell out when players buggarise around with the ball “get a bloody move on” or something similar “cmon ,it‘s not crab football”

This game needs the crowd for the full spectacle.

Richmond played a very good brand of footy to watch last week despite the clangers on the night.

Last edited:
With the last swap of opponents, the change from Thursday to Sunday and talk about this hub and that hub, I think I am really close to being done for the season for the first time since I have started following footy properly. I get that the AFL is trying their hardest, but fixtures changing at the drop of the hat is just not what I’m here for. With the boring games, no crowds and the 16-minute quarters, I don’t think I’ll last the season. I watch this to be entertained and I’m just not entertained.

I’ll probably come back for the finals if I end up actually dipping out. I’ve stopped watching most games and follow through the app, but I feel like I’ll completely stop caring soon.

In defence of our team, to get the hunger the year after winning a premiership (second in three years) is a tough task any year that many teams have struggled with.

It would be one of the most difficult years to get that hunger with the possible cancellation of the season hanging over their heads.

My lack of interest in this season reminds me that it must be as hard for the players even if they are well paid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back