News Time for the Vic teams to leave Victoria - EDIT: Hawks to Hub in Barossa, 15 teams in QLD

Remove this Banner Ad

I vote we get rid of the clubs who are not named after a capital city or surrounding suburb, and here in Victoria we will give Peter Gordon 15 seconds to answer the phone like this after we hang up and then ring back.

" Hello Footscray Football Club Peter Gordon speaking "

Good thing that the only other club which fits your criteria is the richest club in the comp, eh?

Not to mention we are about to become even richer, relative to other clubs given we'll be playing in front of 60K in a matter of weeks.

Ok this is long but TLDR: Multiple Hubs are possible from Round 6 until Round 12 with crowds at every match bar the early NSW hub. After Rd 12 either back to FIFO, or every game in one state.

AFL Fixture Proposal

Key features:
  • Old Rd 6 and 7 scrapped
  • No byes needed provided SA grants same exemptions as WA
  • All teams remain in hubs and have no travel (except when changing hubs)
  • Send 4 teams to WA Hub (Collingwood, Geelong, Richmond, North) immediately after Rd 5 matches
  • These teams play each other until Rd 8 when quarantine is over and they can start to play the Perth teams
  • Perth Derby still Rd 7 infront of 60,000
  • SA Hub starts straight away in Rd 6
  • WA teams spend a week in Adelaide before heading back to the WA Hub as scheduled in Rd 7
  • NSW hub begins to accomodate Gold Coast avoiding the 14 day QLD quarantine regulations and to also get the last teams out of Victoria
  • Qld Teams return home Rd 9 for a new QLD hub
  • Rd 6 Hawthorn v Gold Coast game is the only “one off” match but should be allowed with current restrictions, if not probably delay this and have a bye for both teams

Round 6:

Collingwood vs Geelong (WA)

Richmond vs North (WA)

GWS vs Brisbane (NSW)

Essendon vs St Kilda (NSW)

Hawthorn vs Gold Coast (NSW)

Port vs Carlton (NSW)

Adelaide vs West Coast (QLD)

Fremantle vs Sydney (QLD)

Melbourne vs Western Bulldogs (SA)

Round 7:

Collingwood vs North (WA)

Richmond vs Geelong (WA)

Fremantle vs West Coast (WA)

GWS vs St Kilda (NSW)

Sydney vs Brisbane (NSW)

Essendon vs Gold Coast (NSW)

Adelaide vs Western Bulldogs (SA)

Port Adelaide vs Melbourne (SA)

Carlton vs Hawthorn (SA)

Round 8:

West Coast vs Collingwood (WA)

Fremantle vs Richmond (WA)

North vs Geelong (WA)

Sydney vs GWS (NSW)

St Kilda vs Gold Coast (NSW)

Brisbane vs Essendon (NSW)

Adelaide vs Carlton (SA)

Port Adelaide vs Western Bulldogs (SA)

Hawthorn vs Melbourne (SA)

Round 9:

West Coast vs North (WA)

Fremantle vs Geelong (WA)

Gold Coast vs Collingwood (QLD)

Brisbane vs Richmond (QLD)

Sydney vs St Kilda (NSW)

GWS vs Essendon (NSW)

Adelaide vs Melbourne (SA)

Port Adelaide vs Hawthorn (SA)

Carlton vs Western bulldogs (SA)

Round 10:

West Coast vs Geelong (WA)

Fremantle vs North (WA)

Hawthorn Vs Bulldogs (WA)

Gold Coast vs Richmond (QLD)

Brisbane vs Collingwood (QLD)

Port vs Essendon (SA)

Adelaide vs GWS (SA)

Sydney vs Carlton (SA)

Melbourne vs st kilda (SA)

Round 11:

West Coast vs Bulldogs (WA)

Fremantle vs Hawthorn (WA)

Gold Coast vs Geelong (QLD)

Brisbane vs North (QLD)

Richmond vs GWS (SA)

Port vs Collingwood (SA)

Melbourne vs Essendon (SA)

Adelaide vs Sydney (SA)

Carlton vs St Kilda (SA)

Round 12:

West Coast vs Hawthorn (WA)

Fremantle vs Bulldogs (WA)

Gold Coast vs North (QLD)

Brisbane vs Geelong (QLD)

Port vs Richmond (SA)

Collingwood vs Essendon (SA)

Adelaide vs St Kilda (SA)

Sydney vs Melbourne (SA)

GWS vs Carlton (SA)

After Rd 12:

• Either everyone back to FIFO, or one hub all together (Perth/Adelaide/Darwin most likely options)

Last edited:
Your obsession with WA is crazy, bro. You appear in every thread ranting and raving about them.

I thought we Victorians were above that insecurity.

Originally it was I was that I was amused by how every thing in Oct/Nov was made about the Eagles during the off-season.

Now it’s just I’m aware that you lot are the most insecure whiny bunch of posters on the Main Board & it’s hilarious watching your fellow supporters be unable to confirm their rantings as anything other than #VICBIAS. Wouldn’t this thread have been a better discussion if it wasn’t full of hatred towards Andrews, Gil & Victorian clubs.

Originally it was I was that I was amused by how every thing in Oct/Nov was made about the Eagles during the off-season.

Now it’s just I’m aware that you lot are the most insecure whiny bunch of posters on the Main Board & it’s hilarious watching your fellow supporters be unable to confirm their rantings as anything other than #VICBIAS. Wouldn’t this thread have been a better discussion if it wasn’t full of hatred towards Andrews, Gil & Victorian clubs.

Because maybe we have found other things in our lives to do and couldn't really care less if the season is canned. Seems to me it's the non vic team fans who desperately want the season to proceed at all costs which is why you are all throwing the toys out of the cot because of a few infections.

Nah. Just like to see the pampered Vic club's actually contribute to help solving the challenges of season 2020.

So far all we have seen is more pampering and posters such as yourself sit back and take pot shots at club's and their supporters who are actually making the season work by making sacrifices for the good of all club's.

And no one is throwing anything out of the cot. Just pointing out the hypocracy of how some club's get pampered......like Richmond.

As for finding other things to do......You seem to be on here a fair bit.

Nah. Just like to see the pampered Vic club's actually contribute to help solving the challenges of season 2020.

So far all we have seen is more pampering and posters such as yourself sit back and take pot shots at club's and their supporters who are actually making the season work by making sacrifices for the good of all club's.

And no one is throwing anything out of the cot. Just pointing out the hypocracy of how some club's get pampered......like Richmond.

As for finding other things to do......You seem to be on here a fair bit.
Not as much as you Mr 21,231 ;)

Thats the story you are being told. Clearly not true. The truth is clear as day

Stamford Plaza guard got the virus, spread it to his family, family member went to work sick who works in public transport, virus spread in the transport system ie. Flinders station where BLM protesters got the disease by using public transport on that day

Not too sure why they dont just admit it myself. Their is no other possibility here
Amazing that almost all the protestors were apparently from about 4 neighbouring local councils in the northern suburbs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We quite literally have teams playing to empty stadiums when they could have crowds.

north, essendon, collingwood all have decent fanbases in wa - enough that games between them added to neutrals
rocking up would provide a great spectacle.

Melbourne storm have been ordered out of victoria into a hub indefinitely

gold coast are being forced to play in victoria

But yeah theres no vic bias - none whatsoever.

Do me a favour - dont ever ever claim the gf should be at the mcg because its important that as many people as possible be able to attend. We all now know what a lie the importance of attendance is..

The AFL needs to suck it up and move the teams out of Vic or face the prospects of a cancelled season. It's a disgrace that us and Port are having to be sent to Melbourne in the first place instead of setting up a hub in a state/territory that's clean while West Coast and Freoget to play in their own hub. Play in Tassie, play in Perth, play in QLD, play in Sydney, play in Adelaide, even Darwin and Canberra could work. Just get the fu** out of Melbourne, put the season on a two-week hiatus while they quarantine. The Vic-centric, pig-headedness of this league is biting them in the arse.

Do me a favour - dont ever ever claim the gf should be at the mcg because its important that as many people as possible be able to attend. We all now know what a lie the importance of attendance is..

I’ve never claimed that—- I’ve repeatedly said that the Grand Final should be at the MCG because it makes the most financial sense.

Unlike others I appreciate the hard work Daniel Andrews did before the last State election to trade a GF extension for Marvel Stadium funding.

I’ve never claimed that—- I’ve repeatedly said that the Grand Final should be at the MCG because it makes the most financial sense.

Unlike others I appreciate the hard work Daniel Andrews did before the last State election to trade a GF extension for Marvel Stadium funding.
Was a great deal for victorian footy fans

Pork Barreling at its finest.

Pork Barreling at its finest.
Unbelievable that you have victorian supporters deny vic bias in the afl - when you have that deal to look at.

a supposedly AUSTRALIAN football league - sold billions worth of product to Victoria - in return for some upgrades that benefit victorian footy fans only.

the interstate fans were offered some extra training time on the mcg - which never happened

and that the afl would do something about getting extra flights at reasonable prices - which never happened.

listening to sam newman laughing his head off about it whilst eddie was trying to shut him up.......

Ok this is long but TLDR: Multiple Hubs are possible from Round 6 until Round 12 with crowds at every match bar the early NSW hub. After Rd 12 either back to FIFO, or every game in one state.

AFL Fixture Proposal

Key features:
  • Old Rd 6 and 7 scrapped
  • No byes needed provided SA grants same exemptions as WA
  • All teams remain in hubs and have no travel (except when changing hubs)
  • Send 4 teams to WA Hub (Collingwood, Geelong, Richmond, North) immediately after Rd 5 matches
  • These teams play each other until Rd 8 when quarantine is over and they can start to play the Perth teams
  • Perth Derby still Rd 7 infront of 60,000
  • SA Hub starts straight away in Rd 6
  • WA teams spend a week in Adelaide before heading back to the WA Hub as scheduled in Rd 7
  • NSW hub begins to accomodate Gold Coast avoiding the 14 day QLD quarantine regulations and to also get the last teams out of Victoria
  • Qld Teams return home Rd 9 for a new QLD hub
Round 6:

Collingwood vs Geelong (WA)

Richmond vs North (WA)

GWS vs Brisbane (NSW)

Essendon vs St Kilda (NSW)

Sydney vs Gold Coast (NSW)

Adelaide vs West Coast (SA)

Port vs Carlton (SA)

Fre vs Hawthorn (SA)

Melbourne vs Western Bulldogs (SA)

Round 7:

Collingwood vs North (WA)

Richmond vs Geelong (WA)

Fremantle vs West Coast (WA)

GWS vs St Kilda (NSW)

Sydney vs Brisbane (NSW)

Essendon vs Gold Coast (NSW)

Adelaide vs Western Bulldogs (SA)

Port Adelaide vs Hawthorn (SA)

Carlton vs Melbourne (SA)

Round 8:

West Coast vs Collingwood (WA)

Fremantle vs Richmond (WA)

North vs Geelong (WA)

Sydney vs GWS (NSW)

St Kilda vs Gold Coast (NSW)

Brisbane vs Essendon (NSW)

Adelaide vs Hawthorn (SA)

Port Adelaide vs Melbourne (SA)

Carlton vs Western Bulldogs (SA)

Round 9:

West Coast vs North (WA)

Fremantle vs Geelong (WA)

Gold Coast vs Collingwood (QLD)

Brisbane vs Richmond (QLD)

Sydney vs St Kilda (NSW)

GWS vs Essendon (NSW)

Adelaide vs Melbourne (SA)

Port Adelaide vs Western Bulldogs (SA)

Carlton vs Hawthorn (SA)

Round 10:

West Coast vs Geelong (WA)

Fremantle vs North (WA)

Hawthorn Vs Bulldogs (WA)

Gold Coast vs Richmond (QLD)

Brisbane vs Collingwood (QLD)

Port vs Essendon (SA)

Adelaide vs GWS (SA)

Sydney vs Carlton (SA)

Melbourne vs st kilda (SA)

Round 11:

West Coast vs Bulldogs (WA)

Fremantle vs Hawthorn (WA)

Gold Coast vs Geelong (QLD)

Brisbane vs North (QLD)

Richmond vs GWS (SA)

Port vs Collingwood (SA)

Melbourne vs Essendon (SA)

Adelaide vs Sydney (SA)

Carlton vs St Kilda (SA)

Round 12:

West Coast vs Hawthorn (WA)

Fremantle vs Bulldogs (WA)

Gold Coast vs North (QLD)

Brisbane vs Geelong (QLD)

Port vs Richmond (SA)

Collingwood vs Essendon (SA)

Adelaide vs St Kilda (SA)

Sydney vs Melbourne (SA)

GWS vs Carlton (SA)

After Rd 12:

• Either everyone back to FIFO, or one hub all together (Perth/Adelaide/Darwin most likely options)
Good idea but a few wrinkles. You have Freo playing Hawks twice. Once Rd 6 in Adelaide and then Rd 11 in Perth.

Miss the Adelaide week for Freo and WC with both going straight back to Perth week off if necessary. WC play Adelaide in GC hub and Freo finish by playing Sydney?

Because you only tested 6.7% approx of your population, it could be running wild in the streets but then again..............

no testing = no positive results.
no tests = don't need to stay home

Victoria on the other hand has tested 12.2% approx of out population, imagine if we only tested 6.7%, we would be sitting on 0 cases as well.

How about WA go on a testing blitz to get up near 12.2% of population tested just to make sure or are they afraid of what they might find.

WA ran a DETECT, program that randomly tested the public. 20,000+ tests came back with zero positives that indicated there was no hidden community covid in WA.

Your logic doesn’t even hold anyway, the ratio of testing you’ve stated here is only double between Vic and WA, and unfortunately Victoria has a hell of a lot more than double the community transmission WA has.

Get your head out of your ass and start using it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

<<<A-League boss Greg O'Rourke has confirmed that the worsening coronavirus situation in Victoria won't stop the soccer season relaunching on July 16 with a clash between Melbourne Victory and Western United at AAMI Park.

Melbourne City will take on Western United at the same venue four days later, but all other matches scheduled for Victoria are set to take place in the NSW hub.>>>

<<<There are also doubts about the jewel in Australia's summer sporting calendar - the Boxing Day Test.

The clash between Australia and India could be moved to Perth's Optus Stadium if Victoria hasn't been able to control the current coronavirus outbreak by then.>>>

Its almost like....its just the vfl that thinks its on the right track

Sooooouuurce: https://apple.news/ALWLmWftbS2CYbcrXfiLf3A

Remove this Banner Ad

Back