QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

I saw an announcement from Barry Gibson that says 86 out of 89 clubs are fielding a team.

Caloundra and Gympie are 2 of the 3 that aren't - anyone know the 3rd?

I think maybe a woman's team was just having 1 team instead of two, if those numbers are including them?

Fairest would have been everyone play each other once.
Don’t buy the cricket excuse.
As someone said the footy season has been decimated. Surely cricket could have pushed back 2 weeks.
Leaving it as was is a nonsense and could never fly.

Reasonable player from Caloundra walked into Pine Rivers tonight - not sure if he will be a 1pt player but was an ex junior there a fair while back. Will be more than handy.

Reasonable player from Caloundra walked into Pine Rivers tonight - not sure if he will be a 1pt player but was an ex junior there a fair while back. Will be more than handy.

Definitely not a commitment at this stage. But I played a fair bit of youth footy with him and just asked him to come down to training for the night to have a look. Would be handy for sure if he does hang around for the year and definitely a 1 pointer which is even better. But by no means set in stone yet.

Definitely not a commitment at this stage. But I played a fair bit of youth footy with him and just asked him to come down to training for the night to have a look. Would be handy for sure if he does hang around for the year and definitely a 1 pointer which is even better. But by no means set in stone yet.
Think it might be pretty solid mate - good luck to the footy club. Cracking bloke too and will be more than handy for the year.

Pretty sure you are one of the biggest whingers out there. Also, AFLQ made the decision on the refixture with Gympie out as the best solution for the integrity of the comp. They didn't bow to whinging clubs, They had already made a decision and stuck to it, in spite of the whinging clubs.

I don't think you understand that the draw as it was with Gympie out meant one team plays a game extra. How does that logically work for the integrity of a comp?
where can one find the Round 1 results? They all seem to have gone?

Obviously you lost round 1 Mullsey. So the integrity of the competition is ok now? Teams don’t all play each other anyway. And teams have different point allocations so please spare me with your integrity crap.

The AFL readjusted their draw but all round 1 winners kept their points.

Why was such a big deal that Hinterland kept 4 points for playing Gympie and everyone else have a bye. We had no problems with that as a club.

As Buck said no use complaining as once they make their decision they never change no matter how stupid it is or how much it impacts clubs.

Anyway we move on and hook in now.

Be interesting to see if all the winners from round 1 get matched up in the new round 1 revamp.

Obviously you lost round 1 Mullsey. So the integrity of the competition is ok now? Teams don’t all play each other anyway. And teams have different point allocations so please spare me with your integrity crap.

The AFL readjusted their draw but all round 1 winners kept their points.

Why was such a big deal that Hinterland kept 4 points for playing Gympie and everyone else have a bye. We had no problems with that as a club.

As Buck said no use complaining as once they make their decision they never change no matter how stupid it is or how much it impacts clubs.

Anyway we move on and hook in now.

Be interesting to see if all the winners from round 1 get matched up in the new round 1 revamp.

The AFL didn't loose a team. Apples and Oranges buddy.

This seems to be going over your head. As the draw sat, with gympie out, what happens to the team that wasn't scheduled to play gympie in the draw. I'll tell you what happens, they play 10 games for the season, while everyone else plays 9. Is this even remotely getting through to you?

I have no issue with teams keeping the points from round one. But they would have had to extend the season to fit that scenario in. As they couldn't, what we have is the best solution.

Also, not sure why you are saying AFLQ don't change decisions. They changed the original length of the season for the complainers.

Last edited:
The AFL didn't loose a team. Apples and Oranges buddy.

This seems to be going over your head. As the draw sat, with gympie out, what happens to the team that wasn't scheduled to play gympie in the draw. I'll tell you what happens, they play 10 games for the season, while everyone else plays 9. Is this even remotely getting through to you?

I have no issue with teams keeping the points from round one. But they would have had to extend the season to fit that scenario in. As they couldn't, what we have is the best solution.

Also, not sure why you are saying AFLQ don't change decisions. They changed the original length of the season for the complainers.

Over my head, please. So what would be different if we got started and Gympie pulled out after round 3? Same scenario as to what we had.

Anyway decision made so we move on.

Over my head, please. So what would be different if we got started and Gympie pulled out after round 3? Same scenario as to what we had.

Anyway decision made so we move on.

Circumstances certainly not perfect SM and understand your frustration. But at the end of the day how lucky are we to have footy back.Highly doubtful any comp in VIC will get off the ground with whats happening down there. Hell we're off to the footy on Sunday for those lucky enough to get a ticket.

Think after this week the next step will be to lobby for full contact training before July 10. Thats the pressing concern atm

By that, you mean 10 of the 12 clubs? After they tried to tell us the "majority" were happy with 16 games?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good mail SMY. Confirmed today, be good to have him back for the year. Quality lad for sure and will fit in well.

Might be a couple of other very handy blokes coming down this week too mate - pleased for your club. Done it tough over the past decade or so, probably longer. If nothing else give you a bit of impetus for the season ahead.

Only 2 weeks to go! Who’s keen for some footy! Hopefully we get some good news from AFLQ submissions to the government around fitting some contact training in before the 11th!

Only 2 weeks to go! Who’s keen for some footy! Hopefully we get some good news from AFLQ submissions to the government around fitting some contact training in before the 11th!

Any news yet on extending the Stage 3 crowd numbers of 100?

Surely we get green light for 500+

Any news yet on extending the Stage 3 crowd numbers of 100?

Surely we get green light for 500+

I have heard that they’re extremely confident that they’ll achieve one of the below options.

A. We’re allowed 100 spectators (no longer including anyone participating in the game.)

B. We’ll be allowed 500 total people at our venues

500 would be terrific. That’s what they’re really pushing for. But either would be better than the standard Stage 3 protocols.

Anyone have any news regarding quarter lengths? Have heard the original 17.5 plus time on is under review?

BG I think AFLQ put out new rule changes this week. Definitely still 17 minutes plus time on for each quarter and only home sides doing time keeping, which I think is a bit confusing if opponents have a time keeper available and they can distance ok?

BG I think AFLQ put out new rule changes this week. Definitely still 17 minutes plus time on for each quarter and only home sides doing time keeping, which I think is a bit confusing if opponents have a time keeper available and they can distance ok?

You’d be mad not to have someone from your club keeping the time aswell, that’s for sure. Some interesting time keepers out there 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Back