Admin Notice The Sweet FA in Season 30 and Beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

Firstly, congratulations to the Sin City Swamprats on the S29 Premiership, there will always be a part of me in that club. Congrats to DemonJim on the Deestroy, and on attaining elevation into the HOF, and also bouquets to the league award winners in S29 - Barrybran on the Mobbenfuhrer Medal, TheInjuryFactory for the beez Trophy, serial_thrilla for the EKA Medal, Mooch for the Fred Medal, Runk on the TFLUA-Tiger and NaturalDisaster on the Frankston Rover award.

From here, we move on, to the 30th season of the Sweet FA. The Committee will be discussing ideas to enhance the experience of the players for this milestone season. It is planned that the season will begin on Monday July 27th; a schedule has already been prepared in advance (I drew up a 33-round schedule for 2020 at the end of last season, so that all teams would play each other thrice in H&A) and the teams that you played twice in S29 you will only play once in S30.

This schedule was obviously in danger of being discarded, if the expansion bids had passed the final hurdle of Committee approval. Both expansion bid leaders Millky95 and haydo are probably feeling very flat today; they both put enormous work and effort into meeting or exceeding all requirements of the Rules in relation to expansion teams, but in a very close vote, were denied by a vote of 7-5.
As Admin, I was involved in the process from the first PM on April 6th, asking for guidance, and I did have some conflict where I had to respect the confidence that was entrusted in me by the bid leaders, whilst still juggling the demands of Committee to fully reveal all details. When it came down to the decision, it was obvious that whatever decision I recommended to Committee was going to be vetoed by the opposing viewpoint, so all I could do was to review both bids under the Rules of expansion as set out in Section 10 of the Rules, and allow the vote to take place. Both bids undoubtedly met with all conditions, so the recommendation was to admit them.
The Committee vote was enlightening: I wish that all of the league could have viewed it. Some very strong arguments were put forth for both sides, but in the end it was obvious that ALL Committee members had extensively consulted with their LGs and their teams and that they were relaying a club vote, and I couldn't be happier with the way that the process played out. It is clear that democracy has worked as it is supposed to in this instance.

The Committee will convene to discuss any improvements to the Rules that may be necessary over the next week or two, and we will also be launching another round of Tour Of BigFooty games in the next fortnight. There will be inter-club movements, some controversy and a whole lot of s**t media filling our time until the new season commences - look to your captain/Committee rep for progressive information.

There will be the added bonus of a new Admin campaign during S30. It will be my third season as Admin, and I declared from the beginning that this is the limit of my commitment. I'm still on the lookout for a team, if anyone wants me...

Peace.✌
AB

Could do an All-Time Extended All-SFA Squad of 30 for S30. Then reveal the final All-Time All-SFA team on Mobbs Night.
If there's going to be Heritage Round this season we could bring back the Qooty Carnival that we did in S25.

Bears boycott S30.
Here. 👆

jZlEZvV.png

I'm still on the lookout for a team, if anyone wants me...
It looks like a no-brainer to me:
Firstly, congratulations to the Sin City Swamprats on the S29 Premiership, there will always be a part of me in that club.
Any details, I believe that you and philreich would be able to sort them all out in time for S30.

S29 was my first season.

S30 will be my first full season.

It has been a fun experience so far. I still have plenty to learn about this game, and I'm looking forth to do it.

Last edited:
You did that last season.

qsG1XjU.png

You just had to do it. Poor old Vegans. They had a bad run this year. I still hold out hope everyone's favourite Aunty returns.

A good balanced and informative report from Ant Bear

Why was it obvious that whatever decision you made, the committee would go the other way?

I hope you were smart enough to then NOT want expansion, so you accepted thE bids just to get the committee to overturn the decision so you secretly got what you wanted. That’s what a smart admin would have done.

Why was it obvious that whatever decision you made, the committee would go the other way?

I hope you were smart enough to then NOT want expansion, so you accepted thE bids just to get the committee to overturn the decision so you secretly got what you wanted. That’s what a smart admin would have done.
The will of the administrator is not necessarily what is best for the league. A good administrator would know that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The will of the administrator is not necessarily what is best for the league. A good administrator would know that.
A good Dictator makes people like or have what he wants them to like or have.

A good Dictator makes people like or have what he wants them to like or have.
Well, it would depend on what he wants to determine whether he was actually good. No doubt he would be efficient, though.

Firstly, congratulations to the Sin City Swamprats on the S29 Premiership, there will always be a part of me in that club. Congrats to DemonJim on the Deestroy, and on attaining elevation into the HOF, and also bouquets to the league award winners in S29 - Barrybran on the Mobbenfuhrer Medal, TheInjuryFactory for the beez Trophy, serial_thrilla for the EKA Medal, Mooch for the Fred Medal, Runk on the TFLUA-Tiger and NaturalDisaster on the Frankston Rover award.

From here, we move on, to the 30th season of the Sweet FA. The Committee will be discussing ideas to enhance the experience of the players for this milestone season. It is planned that the season will begin on Monday July 27th; a schedule has already been prepared in advance (I drew up a 33-round schedule for 2020 at the end of last season, so that all teams would play each other thrice in H&A) and the teams that you played twice in S29 you will only play once in S30.

This schedule was obviously in danger of being discarded, if the expansion bids had passed the final hurdle of Committee approval. Both expansion bid leaders Millky95 and haydo are probably feeling very flat today; they both put enormous work and effort into meeting or exceeding all requirements of the Rules in relation to expansion teams, but in a very close vote, were denied by a vote of 7-5.
As Admin, I was involved in the process from the first PM on April 6th, asking for guidance, and I did have some conflict where I had to respect the confidence that was entrusted in me by the bid leaders, whilst still juggling the demands of Committee to fully reveal all details. When it came down to the decision, it was obvious that whatever decision I recommended to Committee was going to be vetoed by the opposing viewpoint, so all I could do was to review both bids under the Rules of expansion as set out in Section 10 of the Rules, and allow the vote to take place. Both bids undoubtedly met with all conditions, so the recommendation was to admit them.
The Committee vote was enlightening: I wish that all of the league could have viewed it. Some very strong arguments were put forth for both sides, but in the end it was obvious that ALL Committee members had extensively consulted with their LGs and their teams and that they were relaying a club vote, and I couldn't be happier with the way that the process played out. It is clear that democracy has worked as it is supposed to in this instance.

The Committee will convene to discuss any improvements to the Rules that may be necessary over the next week or two, and we will also be launching another round of Tour Of BigFooty games in the next fortnight. There will be inter-club movements, some controversy and a whole lot of sh*t media filling our time until the new season commences - look to your captain/Committee rep for progressive information.

There will be the added bonus of a new Admin campaign during S30. It will be my third season as Admin, and I declared from the beginning that this is the limit of my commitment. I'm still on the lookout for a team, if anyone wants me...

Peace.✌
AB

Do you want to join the Warriors?

When it came down to the decision, it was obvious that whatever decision I recommended to Committee was going to be vetoed by the opposing viewpoint,

Ant Bear has gotten nothing accomplished in his time as admin.

His legacy will be getting vetoed by his own committee.

Ant Bear has gotten nothing accomplished in his time as admin.

His legacy will be getting vetoed by his own committee.

I think he'll survive another season.

I think he'll survive another season.

He'll hang on for season 30, achieve nothing and go back to resume padding.

He only ever wanted to be admin for his hall of fame bid and it shows.

He'll hang on for season 30, achieve nothing and go back to resume padding.

He only ever wanted to be admin for his hall of fame bid and it shows.

The HoF committee will take everything into account.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back