Fixture 2020 Fixture - The rest of the H&A fixture has now been announced!

I feel like you're just digging yourself in deeper. 8 teams with a positive win loss ratio have missed finals in the last 5 years. 5 teams with an equal win loss ratio have also missed in that time. Zero with teams with a negative or equal win loss ratio have made finals.
I'm not digging anything. I'm having a conversation. I'm comfortable with what I said, you more or less agree.

I'm not sure why you're treating it like a competition.

Last edited:
Its definitely not a competition. I feel like you struggle to admit when you're incorrect and then change your point as you go along.
Yes. Me admitting multiple times I was wrong when I said mathematically is evidence I can't admit I'm wrong.

Other than that I haven't changed any points. 10+ wins gets you in 100% (in my opinion) and I still think as low as 7 or 8 could get it. Albeit you're right 7 is unlikely (like I said).

Jul 23, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Yes. Me admitting multiple times I was wrong when I said mathematically is evidence I can't admit I'm wrong.

Other than that I haven't changed any points. 10+ wins gets you in 100% (in my opinion) and I still think as low as 7 or 8 could get it. Albeit you're right 7 is unlikely (like I said).
Ok, im happy to leave it there.

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
The lowest overall seasons winning percentage to make finals since it being an 18 team competition is 55% or 12 wins and 10 losses.

Since GWS joined in 2012 to make it an 18 team competition, no team has finished in the Top 8 with an 11-11* record. The lowest win-loss to make the finals since 2012 is 12-10.

*carlton finished in 9th position in 2013 with an 11-11 record, but played in the finals after essendon(14-10) were booted out because of the supplements saga.

AJ_2000

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2007
Right Here.... Right Now.
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Houston Roughnecks
Looking at who the long break has favoured v hurt where they look like a different team (looking at a small sample size of one game o_O)

Helped:
Cats - huge questions after being taken care of by GWS
GC - pretty ordinary in round one especially after a reasonable preseason, played awesome against the hubbed Eagles
Saints - big question mark after the north loss and they couldn't push on after a promising season last year. They showed up after the break.

Hurt
Eagles - talk of premierships and how good they'd be set up for their run home after the hub stay. The were terrible and deserved everything that got dished up
GWS - Flying after the cats win, playing North at home would have expected to keep their GF push rolling along
Hawks - dismantled by the cats - big talk of them being a real contender if they played like they did in round one (more like the lions are great a the MCG).

Still looking good
Tigers/Collingwood - no comments need
Port - looked great before and after

Doing alright
Essendon - 2 tight wins in games we've controlled. We'll see if we can beat 2 teams we'd be expected to in the next 2 weeks
North - huge unexpected win (don't care what you say Rhyce Shaw - the odds say otherwise)
Brisbane - serviceable
Freo - list both, but looked good in 2 games they'd expect to drop

Who knows?
Sydney - close win and close loss, no idea if they'll improve or fall back
Carton & Melbourne - both average in round one, round 2 managed half a game of footy each. Still hard to get a read on them both.

Deep trouble
WB - yikes!
Adelaide - Tex is more effective on social media than out on the field.

We should be absolutely filthy with that last performance against them. If we don't show up we're kidding if we think we're serious
Haven't beaten them since 2014.

We were lucky to beat them in both games that year too.

Last time we beat the Bulldogs without looking like a rabble was in 2012
Carlisle kicked 8 in the second one.

So we have a 5 day break after Round 6 hey.

Seems bizarre that Hawthorn are hosting the game at Marvel rather than the MCG

That's because it's an Essendon home game:

Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 5.07.34 pm.png

Halfway hub in NSW, Qld clubs on the road. Looks like a real jumble. Wonder where we'll end up and if we'll even be welcome anywhere...

It is madness - AFL players who work under the strictest bio-security protocols and who are tested twice a week should be able to fly in and fly out on charter flights to play games as they never come into the contact with the public - The biggest contradiction is the QLD Government wants to quarantine you if you play against a Melbourne based side but yet the same team could have played a Sydney based team the previous week but it's OK for the Sydney based team to play against a QLD team - These people have no idea.

So by we you mean Victorians?
By 'we' I mean the Essendon Football Club. I wasn't personally planning to live in a hub in Sydney or play in the AFL, and I don't think they'd let me anyway, since I'm lacking a particular appendage.

By 'we' I mean the Essendon Football Club. I wasn't personally planning to live in a hub in Sydney or play in the AFL, and I don't think they'd let me anyway, since I'm lacking a particular appendage.
Oh. Weird.

They're letting all clubs, don't think they'd have a special set of rules for us.

Oh. Weird.

They're letting all clubs, don't think they'd have a special set of rules for us.
Well that's lucky. Apparently several of our players live in the locked down hotspot areas. I'd have thought some of the states with their wall building and jail time would probably prefer to take in Geelong or Hawthorn, or ban people from hotspots outright.

Well that's lucky. Apparently several of our players live in the locked down hotspot areas. I'd have thought some of the states with their wall building and jail time would probably prefer to take in Geelong or Hawthorn, or ban people from hotspots outright.
Hmm ok.

Back