Preview Changes v Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly can't see where improvement comes from.

I can - schizophrenia.

The GWS game, the second half against the Aints, and our Last Quarter cameo against the Hawks show that our best footy is comfortably good enough. But we're a side that is developing and maturing under a new coach, and that still has a few chinks in its armour personnel-wise, including a few young blokes that need more time/games. As a consequence, inconsistency is our current lot. We will click, but only intermittently. It sucks, but that's just where we're at right now.

Which means we could just as easily come out this week and smash Western.

Either way, in terms of performance, this year will have its good and its shithouse. Important for supporters to ride some of those bumps and not be too reactive from week to week.

Keep the faith, Hoj. This year mightn't deliver any great success, but IMO there's plenty of good footy ahead for us.

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I can - schizophrenia.

The GWS game, the second half against the Aints, and our Last Quarter cameo against the Hawks show that our best footy is comfortably good enough. But we're a side that is developing and maturing under a new coach, and that still has a few chinks in its armour personnel-wise, including a few young blokes that need more time/games. As a consequence, inconsistency is our current lot. We will click, but only intermittently. It sucks, but that's just where we're at right now.

Which means we could just as easily come out this week and smash Western.

Either way, in terms of performance, this year will have its good and its shithouse. Important for supporters to ride some of those bumps and not be too reactive from week to week.

Keep the faith, Hoj. This year mightn't deliver any great success, but IMO there's plenty of good footy ahead for us.

Great post T.O.D. Was thinking about this Sunday night when Mrs H. said no more footy for me 2020. In the current climate ( covid ) footy has been the one thing to hang our collective hats on. To see two very disappointing losses after two great wins really hurt. More so much than usual. Think the last 10 minutes just worsened my mood as we burnt off the opposition and went " bang ", cop that !
The usual post-loss hangover tends to hang around longer after 9 p.m. Sunday night as you don't get that 1 or 2 days to relax and just get on with the weekend to ease your " achy-breaky " heart 💔
Guessing l'm not the only one here who tossed and turned in bed Sunday night.
My feelings have gone from great season after rd. 2 to cancel it after rd. 4. Such a bloody emotive thing sport.

Imagine if we were " Sunderland " supporters ! 😕

Thanks for thoughts mate. It's 6.37 a.m. Mrs. H has gone and l can pour meself another drink and sort out my Saturday Kerridge.

Cheers 👍 #no. 5 🏆

Last edited:
Hang in there Hoj.

Spot on Deano.

I might add that we also rebuilt the footy department only to have an unforeseen pandemic decimate it.

We are regularly playing three or four blokes with about 10 games between them, add Jy who is just maturing properly this year, Ahern, who really hasn't had a proper run at it and Thomas who has but is still the same age as Taylor and is four games into his second season.

Inconsistancy will happen, especially early.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Feb 26, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
I was just thinking if Jy snaps that goal or Curtis gets another meter on that kick and we would all be here talking about how good a game it was and how the kids in Xerri, Thomas, Taylor and Zurhar sparked the win. Sitting top 4 Shaw would be a genius and we would be called gutsy by Hanging in it and hitting them on the counter knowing we are the fittest team in the comp. arrogance would build nicely amongst the kids, Taz and Walker would be feeling great knowing their efforts won the game. Goldie favourite for the Brownlow. .....Instead the captain is cooked, we don’t have a half back that can kick, our full forward needs a steak, we are a Ben 10 back injury away from the spoon, Shaw sounds a bit like Scott and some are talking rebuild. Game of inches this footy. Game of inches

Moti

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I was just thinking if Jy snaps that goal or Curtis gets another meter on that kick and we would all be here talking about how good a game it was and how the kids in Xerri, Thomas, Taylor and Zurhar sparked the win. Sitting top 4 Shaw would be a genius and we would be called gutsy by Hanging in it and hitting them on the counter knowing we are the fittest team in the comp. arrogance would build nicely amongst the kids, Taz and Walker would be feeling great knowing their efforts won the game. Goldie favourite for the Brownlow. .....Instead the captain is cooked, we don’t have a half back that can kick, our full forward needs a steak, we are a Ben 10 back injury away from the spoon, Shaw sounds a bit like Scott and some are talking rebuild. Game of inches this footy. Game of inches

This is just plain wrong. We have been fundamentally smashed in 3 games for long periods, but happened to make a rush to bring it back. GWS is the only game we were comfortably the better team. We have many holes and execution issues. However, it doesn't mean there aren't green shoots.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Xerri. He'll scrap him off the bottom of his boot at 1/4 time.

The poor little bugger might end up in the morgue if Jed or Cam nails him.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Clearances (30.5 to 11 from the top 70 in the AFL).

Remember that Goldstein will give us a huge advantage over English. In fact, Xerri would also hold his own in the ruck against him.

North:

1593474423062.png

Bulldogs:

1593474482673.png

The rest:

1593474570129.png

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Clearances (30.5 to 11 from the top 70 in the AFL).

Remember that Goldstein will give us a huge advantage over English. In fact, Xerri would also hold his own in the ruck against him.

North:

View attachment 903067

Bulldogs:

View attachment 903069

The rest:

View attachment 903070
Clearances and contested ball aren't our issue. I'm more concerned about the quality of the clearances without Cunners, and our ball use from the clearance. This has been crap and allows teams to set up either around the contest to hit us once we clear, or deep like the Hawks and rebound to *. We need to get cleaner with the first and second receivers so that we can get good, quick inside 50's.

Reginald0

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
But why weren't we " up for it " ? We had just knocked off last years star studded grand finalists dripping with rd. 1 draft picks on their home turf. We played a team bereft of the some of their best players ( Syd ) on our home turf and got pantsed. We played the oldest team in the comp. yesterday on our turf who had an aging ruckman at full- back and got pantsed.

Both scorelines embarrass us. In the last 2 weeks we have played maybe 20 minutes of good football that moves the ball quickly and lets us score.

Do we have to be 5 goals down before we act ?

Nostrodamus tells me that Beveridge will have his plans organized to run us off our feet and we really get hit next week.

They played last Thu. night. We played Sunday night. Given them a good 3 days recovery already.

Honestly can't see where improvement comes from.
Geez mate
Couldn’t ease up a bit on the Truth could you

Reginald0

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If we dropped 4 after Swans, well let’s continue that tradition

pretty keen for Scott to get a game, just think he is the modern prototype footballer...and the Murphy issue , ok we can’t fit them all in but now Hayden is a Back? (Happy with him tho)... if we can drop Jmac we can sure drop Ats

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If we get done in a similar way to the last two games I will be about as close to the tiger bullshit of ECO as I've ever been.

Nah this week in North's bizarro land we'll resoundingly win after we don't expect to and suddenly think we're a great side and then fall off the week after submerged in our own single win bathwater, and then rinse & repeat.

Such is life on the Arden St. Rollercoaster

Nah this week in North's bizarro land we'll resoundingly win after we don't expect to and suddenly think we're a great side and then fall off the week after submerged in our own single win bathwater, and then rinse & repeat.

Such is life on the Arden St. Rollercoaster

Yep, exactly like 85% of the rest of the competition...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back