Expansion poll - how many of you would drop the eagles / dockers and go for your old wafl clubs if yours were upgraded

Would you leave the eagles / dockers for your wafl club if it went into the afl

• Yes

Votes: 8 8.9%
  • No

Votes: 49 54.4%
  • Im too young for the wafl

Votes: 33 36.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 18, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
As a Perth fan, I couldn't imagine anything worse than going up a level. Not sure our league side would do too well at ressies level...

That being said, wouldn't mind seeing the big horse back at AFL level.

I'd stick with West Coast.

Trouto

Premiership Player
Jul 3, 2007
Bunbury
AFL Club
West Coast
As if the AFL will promote an existing side! they will sell a licence to the highest franchise bidder to pad their coffers....like they did with WC

Seadog

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
I'd be torn, I was 30 when the Eagles started so supported West Perth for a long time.
Can't see my other half switching allegiance so I'd probably stick with the Eagles but have a soft spot for WP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 14, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardiff City
I grew up with the Eagles, they will always be a part of my life.

The studio where the original club song was recorded was in a house on my street - my dad was able to get me a cassette of the song before it was made public - I thought it was the best thing ever. There was no going back after that.

The only other club that holds a place in my heart are the Kelmscott Bulldogs - but they don't even exist at WAAFL level anymore.

MrKK

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2012
City of churches
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Sturt, Southampton FC, LSU
I voted 'too young', not because I am but I wasn't a footy fan until I started supporting the Eagles. Blame a childhood spent in western Sydney where liking footy over rugby was cause to have your sexuality questioned.

Surely this is a hypothetical, and that ship has well and truly sailed. If the AFL ever expanded to a third team it would be a new franchise.

Ok Boomer

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jul 27, 2015
South West
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm in my 20's, I don't have a WAFL club and I have no emotional attachment to the WAFL. East Perth was the family club but aside from a junior tryout or two I never really cared. Most people my age and younger will be the same. For this reason a WAFL club will never be upgraded and if another WA side gets added it will be a brand new entity.

I'm in my 20's, I don't have a WAFL club and I have no emotional attachment to the WAFL. Most people my age and younger will be the same. For this reason a WAFL club will never be upgraded and if another WA side gets added it will be a brand new entity.

I bet the AFL won't let the WAFC hold the license either...

darksquare

Club Legend
Oct 11, 2016
Edgewater
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
I am genuinely torn when a Swan Districts player is on the team playing the Eagles - Coniglio, Lobb, Walters, Broad...

A whole team of Swans players? I'd find it hard not to support them.

Back