News ISC to leave the AFL in 2020 (Confirmed)

Remove this Banner Ad

There's going to be some massive shocks, in both AFL and NRL, come November 1 😉 West Coast, Adelaide and the Sydney Roosters will certainly be one from left field.
Sorry to backtrack but how do you know all this? I’m obviously not very active on this board

Collingwood have an end of financial year sale on all ISC including jumpers at $80. Only larger sizes of the clash jumper available. Never known a sale to occur this early.

Funny, everyone raved about the off field merch - they just fell down at the actual on field quality

Outside of the colours, they didn't do anything wrong

All ISC teams, except Gold Coast and West Coast, have players that wear longies.

I hope that whichever manufacturer they go to, they choose one that will continue to make longies.

Would be great if they could bring back the cuffs, especially to Adelaide and St Kilda.

All ISC teams, except Gold Coast and West Coast, have players that wear longies.

I hope that whichever manufacturer they go to, they choose one that will continue to make longies.

Would be great if they could bring back the cuffs, especially to Adelaide and St Kilda.
Isn't it a club decision?
Richmond don't allow it (the Clarkson effect) but the Blues do

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn't it a club decision?
Richmond don't allow it (the Clarkson effect) but the Blues do

If only players were as passionate as us, every team would still have longies.

The longie is also extinct at Brisbane, last seen in 2008; Voss must’ve purged them.

Wonder if Castore's whole premium ideology (if they do come into AFL) will mean focusing on selling less apparel compared to other brands but selling their apparel at much higher costs - more of a margin-based strategy. So whereas ISC sell $120 Crows track jackets, and want to sell at least 20000 of them, Castore will instead sell $250 Crows track jackets but only expect to sell about 10000 of them. Don't see that going down too well with some people, but that could happen?

Its a resort chain. Has at least one resort on 6 Caribbean countries.
1593502627509.png 1593502627509.png
I have two tickets for you and me to Sandals, Jamaica

Wonder if Castore's whole premium ideology (if they do come into AFL) will mean focusing on selling less apparel compared to other brands but selling their apparel at much higher costs - more of a margin-based strategy. So whereas ISC sell $120 Crows track jackets, and want to sell at least 20000 of them, Castore will instead sell $250 Crows track jackets but only expect to sell about 10000 of them. Don't see that going down too well with some people, but that could happen?
At $250 for a jacket though, you are moving into a much different space. Instead of competing with Adidas and Nike, you are looking more at Patagonia, North Face and Kathmandu where there is more of a 'quality' factor attached and most folks are looking at something that they can wear all winter long will last them years and possibly decades.

Becomes an exponentially more difficult sell the higher you go, and I haven't seen anything to say that their products are anywhere near being worth that price tag. Some people will buy a jacket with a $70 markup because it has a big sponsor and club logo on it, but everyone can figure out a $200 markup though is taking the piss, you wouldn't sell half the jackets, I reckon you'd be lucky to sell 10%.

At $250 for a jacket though, you are moving into a much different space. Instead of competing with Adidas and Nike, you are looking more at Patagonia, North Face and Kathmandu where there is more of a 'quality' factor attached and most folks are looking at something that they can wear all winter long will last them years and possibly decades.

Becomes an exponentially more difficult sell the higher you go, and I haven't seen anything to say that their products are anywhere near being worth that price tag. Some people will buy a jacket with a $70 markup because it has a big sponsor and club logo on it, but everyone can figure out a $200 markup though is taking the piss, you wouldn't sell half the jackets, I reckon you'd be lucky to sell 10%.
Funny, Freight Train and I were just discussing this very thing the other night

Remove this Banner Ad

Back