May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
You were at the Rats at the time.

To the outside it screams Las Vegas.
I was an outsiders three months ago. "Sin City," for me, is linked to Frank Miller's Sin City — which is not Vegas at all:

I was an outsiders three months ago. "Sin City," for me, is linked to Frank Miller's Sin City — which is not Vegas at all:

But it certainly is American.

Swamprats should have just become Swamprats FFC.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I would love to mate. First pick Snake_Baker

Then we burn the place down and drink beer until we can't walk.

Ahhhhh, the 90's and Friday nights.

Snorting lines off the :melon::melon: of the topless girls in the Court House Hotel, then perhaps a bout of jelly wrestling at the Falcons Nest, before crawling in to the horse drawn carriage with a slab of cans for the leisurely trot through traffic down past the market, through the city and on to the G.

From there you could end up anywhere.

Had many a great night, and almost got killed a few times too.

Those were the days.

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
But it certainly is American.

Swamprats should have just become Swamprats FFC.
Miller is American, but his work is not. One can recognize any world's metropolis in it.

Moreover, Sin City is not alone. It is combined with Rats. The full name is about the underworld; about being rejects, outcasts, pariahs, socially unwanted. We even play home games at "The Underground," for Christ's sake.

How can all of this "scream Vegas?" It's quite the opposite. It screams darkness, fear, hopelessness, power... There is no colours. It is all black-and-white.

In a sense, we have never left Port Adelaide. It is still the Alberton Swamprats; only more open, less straightforward, and darker.

Oct 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Miller is American, but his work is not. One can recognize any world's metropolis in it.

Moreover, Sin City is not alone. It is combined with Rats. The full name is about the underworld; about being rejects, outcasts, pariahs, socially unwanted. We even play home games at "The Underground," for Christ's sake.

How can all of this "scream Vegas?" It's quite the opposite. It screams darkness, fear, hopelessness, power... There is no colours. It is all black-and-white.

In a sense, we have never left Port Adelaide. It is still the Alberton Swamprats; only more open, less straightforward, and darker.

That's given me more insight into the Swamprats than anything SarahSmiles told me

Firstly, I love the enthusiasm, but I am literally the person who changed the name.
I also burnt down Alberton on the way out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Firstly, I love the enthusiasm, but I am literally the person who changed the name.
I also burnt down Alberton on the way out.
Thanks. I am a very intense and passionate person.

On the Rats, physically, we moved out. That's undeniable. It was necessary, even. You did the right thing.

Spiritually, however, the story is different. The link wasn't broken. It has just become hidden.

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
I told you we were the Hawthorn of the Sweet F.A. Surely that says it all!
Why not? Is what I have said incompatible with the Hawks (or North, Freo, Fitzroy...)?

The club was born in the Port board, called ALBERTON, and wear the prison bars, though. Hence, there is a historical link with Port.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back