News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFL.com.au understands Sidebottom and Dunn left Howe's house and travelled together in an Uber – which is not allowed under the protocols – to Dunn's home, with the latter's night ending there.

However, Sidebottom then went to former Collingwood player and part-time club employee Daniel Wells' house, breaking AFL rules for a second time.

Wells is not living under the League-directed protocols and is not among the approved staff members who can be in contact with players.

He retired last year but now works with the Pies' Indigenous community programs, as well as contributing to their recruiting and Academy departments.

Last edited:

Not my fist I live in a state where they've contained it well

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

All states have contained it well. Looking at the statistics, it would appear that the more sparsely populated states had even greater success. However, one would expect that to be the case. Country Victoria isn’t exactly one of the hot spots.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If i heard correctly, the genomic testing has revealed that the virus has been transferred from quarrantine hotels by staff breaking protocols, and even thought i heard mention of an official inquiry headed by a Judge or something, anyone hear the full details ?

What were those hotel guards up to then? Hmmm.
So there was an explanation given about sharing a lighter as the cause of this outbreak.
We know returned travellers from overseas are being quarantined for 2 weeks in a hotel room.
What we didn’t know is the lighter is a bullshit excuse and basically a PG explanation for security guards getting frisky with lonely travellers in isolation.

We’re here because people are too toey to self isolate in their room.

My source is a someone who works within the legal fraternity who knows how much s**t the government and these guards who breached the rules are in.
The judicial enquiry will be interesting.

So there was an explanation given about sharing a lighter as the cause of this outbreak.
We know returned travellers from overseas are being quarantined for 2 weeks in a hotel room.
What we didn’t know is the lighter is a bullshit excuse and basically a PG explanation for security guards getting frisky with lonely travellers in isolation.

We’re here because people are too toey to self isolate in their room.

My source is a someone who works within the legal fraternity who knows how much sh*t the government and these guards who breached the rules are in.
The judicial enquiry will be interesting.
so, in the event that it's security gaurds having sex with travellers, are we supposed to blame the training for not having a slide detailing "don't * people in quarantine you simple minded *******s" in big bold letters? Or is that completely on the security guards?

Because, I've heard it's not even as interesting as that. That they let them go to the shops to buy stuff. Still ******* insane, that you would do the opposite of the single most important part of the role, and allow a quarantined person to interact with the public. Even in that instance, I'm not seeing a fault in the training, or at least can't imagine training simple enough to get the most basic of messages across that's involved in this type of work.

Soooooo I can’t go and see my elderly mum (again) who lives in one of these COVID postcodes and has been housebound for the past 4 months for fear of copping a big fine. I might just instead go to one of those Extinction Rebellion freakshow protest rally’s this weekend. I’m sure comrade Andrews will be cool with that...

Cedar meats and now the Hotel quarantine security guards fiasco. Both massive * ups, both avoidable. Screw up like that in your workplace and you’re out of a job. Don’t know how politicians get away with such incompetence.

Soooooo I can’t go and see my elderly mum (again) who lives in one of these COVID postcodes and has been housebound for the past 4 months for fear of copping a big fine.

While I don't completely share your views (if the govt was directly responsible for the hotel security outbreak, then that's a different story) I hope the postcode lockdown is swift and you get to see your Mum soon, that sucks mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Soooooo I can’t go and see my elderly mum (again) who lives in one of these COVID postcodes and has been housebound for the past 4 months for fear of copping a big fine. I might just instead go to one of those Extinction Rebellion freakshow protest rally’s this weekend. I’m sure comrade Andrews will be cool with that...

Cedar meats and now the Hotel quarantine security guards fiasco. Both massive fu** ups, both avoidable. Screw up like that in your workplace and you’re out of a job. Don’t know how politicians get away with such incompetence.
Caregiving is given as a valid reason to visit during stage 3 lockdown.
Also houses are allowed 2 visitors I believe, so you should be ok to see your mum if you are healthy.

I do not think we can attribute the infectiousness of this thing in the case of cedar and the quarantine hotels to the politicians though.

Whoa. Today’s briefing will be a thing.
Yeah, maybe that's why Daniel has gone the tonk out that way. Will be as interesting for me to hear the amount given this arvo. Certainly raised my eyebrows when told

Caregiving is given as a valid reason to visit during stage 3 lockdown.
Also houses are allowed 2 visitors I believe, so you should be ok to see your mum if you are healthy.

I do not think we can attribute the infectiousness of this thing in the case of cedar and the quarantine hotels to the politicians though.
Bullshit.. the best safeguard we had against the virus was our isolation.. we left quarantining up to people with no real authority, where the other states left the important role to the adf or police force.

This fiasco ultimately lands at the feet of the state government..

“I think when we get the final data for today, I think we’re starting to see some stability,” he (Andrews) said on 3AW radio this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back