News Time for the Vic teams to leave Victoria - EDIT: Hawks to Hub in Barossa, 15 teams in QLD

GCS in 11

Jul 6, 2011
Gold Coast

AFL Fixture Proposal

Key features:
  • Old Rd 6 and 7 scrapped
  • No byes needed provided SA grants same exemptions as WA
  • All teams remain in hubs and have no travel (except when changing hubs)
  • Send 4 teams to WA Hub (Collingwood, Geelong, Richmond, North) immediately after Rd 5 matches
  • These teams play each other until Rd 8 when quarantine is over and they can start to play the Perth teams
  • Perth Derby still Rd 7 infront of 60,000
  • SA Hub starts straight away in Rd 6
  • WA teams spend a week in Adelaide before heading back to the WA Hub as scheduled in Rd 7
  • NSW hub begins to accomodate Gold Coast avoiding the 14 day QLD quarantine regulations and to also get the last teams out of Victoria
  • Qld Teams return home Rd 9 for a new QLD hub
  • Rd 6 Hawthorn v Gold Coast game is the only “one off” match but should be allowed with current restrictions, if not probably delay this and have a bye for both teams
Round 6:

Collingwood vs Geelong (WA)

Richmond vs North (WA)

GWS vs Brisbane (NSW)

Essendon vs St Kilda (NSW)

Hawthorn vs Gold Coast (NSW)

West Coast vs Adelaide (QLD)

Fremantle vs Sydney (QLD)

Port vs Carlton (SA)

Melbourne vs Western Bulldogs (SA)

Round 7:

Collingwood vs North (WA)

Richmond vs Geelong (WA)

Fremantle vs West Coast (WA)

GWS vs St Kilda (NSW)

Sydney vs Brisbane (NSW)

Essendon vs Gold Coast (NSW)

Adelaide vs Western Bulldogs (SA)

Port Adelaide vs Hawthorn (SA)

Carlton vs Melbourne (SA)

Round 8:

West Coast vs Collingwood (WA)

Fremantle vs Richmond (WA)

North vs Geelong (WA)

Sydney vs GWS (NSW)

St Kilda vs Gold Coast (NSW)

Brisbane vs Essendon (NSW)

Adelaide vs Hawthorn (SA)

Port Adelaide vs Melbourne (SA)

Carlton vs Western Bulldogs (SA)

Round 9:

West Coast vs North (WA)

Fremantle vs Geelong (WA)

Gold Coast vs Collingwood (QLD)

Brisbane vs Richmond (QLD)

Sydney vs St Kilda (NSW)

GWS vs Essendon (NSW)

Adelaide vs Melbourne (SA)

Port Adelaide vs Western Bulldogs (SA)

Carlton vs Hawthorn (SA)

Round 10:

West Coast vs Geelong (WA)

Fremantle vs North (WA)

Hawthorn Vs Bulldogs (WA)

Gold Coast vs Richmond (QLD)

Brisbane vs Collingwood (QLD)

Port vs Essendon (SA)

Adelaide vs GWS (SA)

Sydney vs Carlton (SA)

Melbourne vs st kilda (SA)

Round 11:

West Coast vs Bulldogs (WA)

Fremantle vs Hawthorn (WA)

Gold Coast vs Geelong (QLD)

Brisbane vs North (QLD)

Richmond vs GWS (SA)

Port vs Collingwood (SA)

Melbourne vs Essendon (SA)

Adelaide vs Sydney (SA)

Carlton vs St Kilda (SA)

Round 12:

West Coast vs Hawthorn (WA)

Fremantle vs Bulldogs (WA)

Gold Coast vs North (QLD)

Brisbane vs Geelong (QLD)

Port vs Richmond (SA)

Collingwood vs Essendon (SA)

Adelaide vs St Kilda (SA)

Sydney vs Melbourne (SA)

GWS vs Carlton (SA)

After Rd 12:

• Either everyone back to FIFO, or one hub all together (Perth/Adelaide/Darwin most likely options)
Guessing round 6 will be announced tomorrow, if they kick all the Vic teams out like they should then expect the format to be similar to my proposal since there aren’t too many other ways it could go.
If they idiotically do leave Vic teams in Victoria then it could be anything.

Numero Uno

Mar 28, 2019
How many times you been permabanned now Frank? Won't be long before your latest reincarnation is too. Once a flog always a flog.

Aww didums you can dish out hey sook

Isn’t calling posters flogs ban worthy Owen

Pessimistic

30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
Horks

Guessing round 6 will be announced tomorrow, if they kick all the Vic teams out like they should then expect the format to be similar to my proposal since there aren’t too many other ways it could go.
If they idiotically do leave Vic teams in Victoria then it could be anything.

Sydney won’t be going to qld, they’ve played ‘dirty vics’

I’d suggest bris and Gold Coast to hub with giants and Sydney, and a succession of vic teams visit them to play there. Two stadiums. Whether teams have to stay over or continue home lockdown as now would be up to NSW

as noted hawks and blues already have some fixtures there.

SA and WA teams to return home and vic teams to visit on 2-3 week turnarounds.

so by round 10 you could be right, but it won’t stop the afl scheduling the odd game in vic as required. This risk is overblown. I’d suggest qld is too hard.

so each week 4 games sydney 2 games SA 2 games WA. One floating

GCS in 11

Jul 6, 2011
Gold Coast
Sydney won’t be going to qld, they’ve played ‘dirty vics’

I’d suggest bris and Gold Coast to hub with giants and Sydney, and a succession of vic teams visit them to play there. Two stadiums. Whether teams have to stay over or continue home lockdown as now would be up to NSW

as noted hawks and blues already have some fixtures there.

SA and WA teams to return home and vic teams to visit on 2-3 week turnarounds.

so by round 10 you could be right, but it won’t stop the afl scheduling the odd game in vic as required. This risk is overblown. I’d suggest qld is too hard.

so each week 4 games sydney 2 games SA 2 games WA. One floating
Sydney are going to Queensland this weekend so they can go back in Rd 6, the qld government have seemingly not retroactively applied their new rules which is helpful.

And you need a team to play Fremantle, Sydney is actually the only team that can play them left (Fre have played both QLD/SA teams, can’t play a vic team, wouldn’t play WCE, and can’t play GWS since they are playing Hawthorn this weekend). Fremantle also can’t fly home yet since they are not allowed to play any team other than West Coast while in quarantine (since the Perth teams get to home quarantine and be in the community while the Vic teams are having hotel quarantine), so Fremantle will play in QLD.

So weirdly, Rd 6 Fremantle vs Sydney in QLD is the one fixture 100% locked in, unless I’m missing something.

Maylandsman

🐯EAT ‘EM ALIVE🐯
Oct 22, 2017
By the Seaside
How many West Coast, Freo, Crows and Port players may have issues at home. I cannot believe not one of them has a sick parent, pregnant wife or a new born child yet every one of them relocated.
They probably did/do. Couple of Eagles players took their families (T. Kelly, surprise surprise).
Cotchin is showing balls. Standing up for himself and his teammates. If only other teams could have done the same instead of succumbing to snake oil salesmen. Cotchin said it last time and he has said it this time. Sticking to his guns I would say.
Never agreed with Eagles or Dockers going and don’t agree with it now. This nonsense it is their job is just that, nonsense. Their job is to play football. Nothing about being removed from families for extended periods of time. Why should any player have to miss the birth of their child for example. Life has priorities. There are plenty of other jobs that offer that lifestyle of being away from home and most know that often doesn’t work out well at all.

Nov 28, 2011
LIVFC
Cotchin is showing balls. Standing up for himself and his teammates. If only other teams could have done the same instead of succumbing to snake oil salesmen. Cotchin said it last time and he has said it this time. Sticking to his guns I would say.

Cotchin lost all chance to claim principle when he voted to allow Adelaide, Port, West Coast, Fremantle to go up to the QLD hub to continue the season

Sold out his fellow workers because it suited him

Now that it's on him, he's having a sook

If he had been consistent the whole time, then you can make your claim

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
They probably did/do. Couple of Eagles players took their families (T. Kelly, surprise surprise).
Never agreed with Eagles or Dockers going and don’t agree with it now. This nonsense it is their job is just that, nonsense. Their job is to play football. Nothing about being removed from families for extended periods of time. Why should any player have to miss the birth of their child for example. Life has priorities. There are plenty of other jobs that offer that lifestyle of being away from home and most know that often doesn’t work out well at all.

Sticking to his guns?

He was adamant in March he would not move to a hub.

Then months later when the AFL put up the two WA and two SA side needed to move he flip flopped and supported the AFL and the hub concept. Easy to agree for others to do the hard yards hey? Sounds very familiar doesn't it!

And now it looks like Richmond will need to hub he is all concerned and as you say "backing his teammates".

He's self centered and 100% Tigercentric. Which is fine, back your club and your mates. But this year in this environment where everyone needs to pitch in to stop the comp going broke its pretty poor form.

As for the last bit about missing important family events etc, get a grip on reality mate!

How much family life do FIFO workers miss to put food on the table and a roof over the family's heads? 3 on 1 off is pretty standard stuff..............on oil rigs mate. Not living at a resort, hitting the gym and running around training with your mates. That's 30 weeks a year not at home. Not 2 or 3.

Maylandsman

🐯EAT ‘EM ALIVE🐯
Oct 22, 2017
By the Seaside
Cotchin lost all chance to claim principle when he voted to allow Adelaide, Port, West Coast, Fremantle to go up to the QLD hub to continue the season

I noted at the start he was one who spoke out against it. Bit ignorant about all this voting after. Did find it laughable that it wasn’t ok for vic teams but all good for others.
My thinking is he has been consistent in his messaging and it was up to other teams to speak out. So not sold on him having a sook more so he is speaking out. Hub clubs sort of rolled over and got tickled on the tummy. And they swallowed ‘for the good of the game’, spare me.
People should take aim at the AFL because they are the ones who bowed down to vic clubs and said stuff it, we’ll put interstate teams in hubs and pander to the vic sides.
Don’t shoot the messenger.

Mar 19, 2020
Would we expect Steele Sidebottom to be banned from the W.A Hub as a result of his transgressions btw? Would the WA government even allow him in if he isnt suspended?

Will be much more interesting then the McKenna situation to see how it all plays out. I personally think it should just be a 1 week tap as he hasnt made a huge transgression here but we have a weird situation where the WA Govt could overrule the AFL

Rich01

Oct 5, 2004

Where was it reported he voted for this?

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
east perth
I noted at the start he was one who spoke out against it. Bit ignorant about all this voting after. Did find it laughable that it wasn’t ok for vic teams but all good for others.
My thinking is he has been consistent in his messaging and it was up to other teams to speak out. So not sold on him having a sook more so he is speaking out. Hub clubs sort of rolled over and got tickled on the tummy. And they swallowed ‘for the good of the game’, spare me.
People should take aim at the AFL because they are the ones who bowed down to vic clubs and said stuff it, we’ll put interstate teams in hubs and pander to the vic sides.
Pretty much this.

Rich01

Oct 5, 2004
Sticking to his guns?

Then months later when the AFL put up the two WA and two SA side needed to move he flip flopped and supported the AFL and the hub concept. Easy to agree for others to do the hard yards hey? Sounds very familiar doesn't it!
Where was it stated that Cotchin categorically rejected going into hubs?

It was reported that he had objections to a season long hub without families.

Quite different to the short term hub that West Coast is soon leaving.

I’d also like to see where he publicly supported the non Vic hubs as per your claim.

I’m sure you aren’t one of those that makes wild claims without thinking through the facts and have some supporting evidence to your claim.

May 22, 2014
Punt Rd to Goodison Park
Everton
Sticking to his guns?

And now it looks like Richmond will need to hub he is all concerned and as you say "backing his teammates".

He's self centered and 100% Tigercentric. Which is fine, back your club and your mates. But this year in this environment where everyone needs to pitch in to stop the comp going broke its pretty poor form.

As for the last bit about missing important family events etc, get a grip on reality mate!

How much family life do FIFO workers miss to put food on the table and a roof over the family's heads? 3 on 1 off is pretty standard stuff..............on oil rigs mate. Not living at a resort, hitting the gym and running around training with your mates. That's 30 weeks a year not at home. Not 2 or 3.
Who cares, are you really that invested in a mickey mouse season and in the ' season must go on at all costs ' camp. Amazing the amount of westies and non vics getting triggered by Cotch because he doesn't want to leave his family, it's just a game not life and death.

Sep 30, 2011
Freo
Whoever is playing WC
So you want to blame the AFL for bowing to every Vic need yet Cotchin should get a free pass being the most vocal about the hubs only when it impacts him?

The game has serious fairness issues and this whole pandemic scenario has completely lifted the rug so that even Blind Freddy can see them. By complaining, Cotchin is arguing for more unfair measures and widening of the gap. He's part of the problem and acting like an entitled sook.

Coaster2012

Jul 10, 2012
Manchester City, Lakers

Lol when Simmo does it it is whinging. When Cotchin does it, it's speaking out.

Richmond supporters will Richmond.