briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Out of curiosity, why do you post Gold Coast's votes in this thread on a weekly basis and not on their board?
Pretty sure a GC fan is posting on their board.

Just to keep an eye on them, and to see how Rowell is going. Right now, after 3 rounds he’s in Brownlow discussion, but listening to the media, Neale isn’t (because almost no one is mentioning Neale).

It will be a very interesting Q Clash this year, especially if it’s held in round 6.

Pretty sure a GC fan is posting on their board.

Just to keep an eye on them, and to see how Rowell is going. Right now, after 3 rounds he’s in Brownlow discussion, but listening to the media, Neale isn’t (because almost no one is mentioning Neale).

It will be a very interesting Q Clash this year, especially if it’s held in round 6.
There has been quite a bit of talk about Neale possibly being the best player in the comp at this particular point in time.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
There has been quite a bit of talk about Neale possibly being the best player in the comp at this particular point in time.
Yeah, just got through a couple of the early week podcasts.

One ask the question, “is it Neale’s Brownlow to lose?”.

Another asked if he was the best player in the league. Answer was; “no, but he’s currently the form mid in the comp”.

Yeah, just got through a couple of the early week podcasts.

One ask the question, “is it Neale’s Brownlow to lose?”.

Another asked if he was the best player in the league. Answer was; “no, but he’s currently the form mid in the comp”.

He certainly is the in form midfielder of the comp, but think if he can sustain his ability to kick goals he may well be the best mid in the league. You can definitely see the evidence he's worked on his kicking game and think one of the benefits of that will be more goals on the board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lazza16

The Lions Women...roaring into 2023
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Great to have 2 Lions in the top 5......first and 4th will be nice once we pantzzzz the cats.

Lazza16

The Lions Women...roaring into 2023
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Pretty ridiculous that JLyons didn't get a vote from one of the coaches. I'm assuming it was Kern who stiffed him.
Looks like Lyons for sure only had 1 coach vote which is ludicrous and the same....only 1 coach voting for either Harris or McClugg both on 4. One of them would have got a 2 plus 2.

LionCub29

Senior List
Jul 30, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Pretty ridiculous that JLyons didn't get a vote from one of the coaches. I'm assuming it was Kern who stiffed him.
It beggars belief - quite clearly best for mine. Wonder if parochialism for possible winners sees The Great Man vote for Lachie and Clugga in preference (with a quiet word to Jarrod during the week about duping him). McStay and Boak (hurts me to say it) should have earned more.

Sep 19, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yeah sure some players a bit stuff, but happy to see Lachie and Clugga polling so well. So crazy for both of them. Lachie looking like a red hot chance at the Brownlow and Clugga getting universal love. Can't see McGrath or even NKOTB Simpkin anywhere near that leaderboard.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Coaches' votes, R7
GWS Giants v Brisbane
7 Dayne Zorko (BL)
5 Darcy Gardiner (BL)
5 Harris Andrews (BL)
4 Zac Bailey (BL)
3 Aidan Corr (GWS)
3 Charlie Cameron (BL)
2 Stephen Coniglio (GWS)
1 Grant Birchall (BL)

Interesting spread of votes.

I'm possibly wrong, but I think the votes were awarded something like (of course, the 5,4,3,2,1 could be different combos):

5. Harris Andrews
4. Zac Bailey
3. Dayne Zorko
2. Charlie Cameron
1. Grant Birchall

5. Darcy Gardiner
4. Dayne Zorko
3. Aidan Corr
2. Stephen Coniglio
1. Charlie Cameron

Remove this Banner Ad

Back