Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 14: Never failed a test I didn’t take

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't aware the Donald had been a heavy metal rocker in his younger days.

I'm not even sure which one he is in this band photo.

619f_2.jpg

You don't believe Reddit should allow one community for Trump supporters? That's some fashy sentiment there.

Reddit is largely Chinese owned. Is this foreign interference in an American election!? If 13 Russian trolls on FB was such an issue...

Personally I have no issue with deplatforming

We have no requirement for a movie theatre to screen any film people want, and halls have the right to refuse any rally/group that asks to use their facility.

If you lose the platform, find another, and of your content is good enough people will follow.

Why should I be forced to host people and opinions I want nothing to do with?

**EDIT**
and before you say its electronic censorship, how is it different from a book publisher rejecting a book, or a bookstore then declining to stock it? There is no mandate on either to publish and sell any work they receive under the notion of "free speech". Being provided with a platform for presenting or publishing your ideas is not a god given right.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
Very good, searing analysis here. What a madhouse.

Ouch:

"This is what American exceptionalism looks like under Donald Trump. It's not just that the United States has the highest number of coronavirus cases and deaths of any country in the world. Republican political dysfunction has made a coherent campaign to fight the pandemic impossible.

At the federal level as well as in many states, we're seeing a combination of the blustering contempt for science that marks the conservative approach to climate change and the high tolerance for carnage that makes American gun culture unique
."

and

"Across the country, public health workers have faced death threats, harassment and armed protesters at their homes. No matter how bad things get in red America, it's hard to imagine where the political will to contain the virus will come from."

Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
Surely Biden cant lose this.
There are days I think this but then I realise it's 2020 and there's still a few months before the vote anything can happen.

Australia announcing a massive defence upgrade is concerning, it's like we're expecting imminent War, but brushing it off as adapting to a Post-Covid world. I think s**t is about to get real in the next 10 years.

Aug 1, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If you recognise it exists, you must also realise that not everyone gets the same opportunities as everyone else, as a consequence of that racism.

From there, I advocate things like affirmative action and similar policies to help counter that entrenched disadvantage and racism. Things like ABSTUDY that many right wingers would decry as 'racism' are in fact measures designed to combat racism (in this case the entrenched disadvantage caused by racism).

Its one thing to remove slavery, or remove apartheid. Freed Slaves are still poor and suffering due to that slavery, and even though segregation in SA or the South of the USA ended, poor black folk are still living in shanty towns with limited education and employment opportunities that were denied to them under the system in place before.

A poor black man living in Soweto the day after Apartheid ended, is still suffering from Apartheid. As will be his children. And their children. And so on.

We should recognise the evils of the past, and the entrenched disadvantage that it has caused on a whole section of the community, and put in place things to help counter that entrenched disadvantage.
Doesn’t a poor person in India, China, Europe Africa america - doesn’t a poor person suffer all over the world? Indeed, doesn’t a poor person in a poor country suffer more than an African American.

where are the news reports of those suffering across Africa, the discrimination of Kurds and other minorities across the world.

where is the outrage against the total destruction of countries and millions of lives which our government and Our people have endorsed and continue to ignore.

I am now worked up and need to control my self because the way I see it - you, all of you
on this racist crusade are entirely lost.

Examine your self. Why, is this your obsession? We directly caused Numberless orphans and mutiliated Bodies across the Middle East. Those who manage to escape our barbarism and somehow land on our shores we cage in off shore islands.

We can actually do something real to ease and even remove that suffering or at least prevent its reoccurrence of our foreign policy.

Instead, you maintain this saintly vigil against unconscious racism. Because you know these white supremacist are just lurking everywhere like a virus.

my contempt for you very soul could hardly be greater. The one mitigating factor is that you are the victim of this mass hysterical cult.

This is now the fashion. So, when the fashion was to hate homosexuals you would have been right in the middle of the mob. When the fashion was to treat the indigenous like fauna you would have been there too.

Weakness and timidity against a crowd is understandable - craven Of course but understandable.
It is something malignant to lead the mob and cheer it towards hate, and division, sowing seeds of misery with sanctimonious aplomb dressed in a cloak of conceited compassion.

Devil be gone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The republicans believe that the ACA increases health costs to the individual. It is impossible for me to tell what is true (I’m sure very selective stats are being used)
So they have they believed that for the last 10 years and have decided to do away with it and nothing to replace it?
That was my point. It was one of Trump's key policies. 'Repeal and Replace'.

The article written by Carl Bernstein is an unsurprising read on Trump and his phone calls with foreign leaders.
This part is very believable:

But his most vicious attacks, said the sources, were aimed at women heads of state. In conversations with both May and Merkel, the President demeaned and denigrated them in diatribes described as "near-sadistic" by one of the sources and confirmed by others. "Some of the things he said to Angela Merkel are just unbelievable: he called her 'stupid,' and accused her of being in the pocket of the Russians ... He's toughest [in the phone calls] with those he looks at as weaklings and weakest with the ones he ought to be tough with."

Two sources compared many of the President's conversations with foreign leaders to Trump's recent press "briefings" on the coronavirus pandemic: free form, fact-deficient stream-of-consciousness ramblings, full of fantasy and off-the-wall pronouncements based on his intuitions, guesswork, the opinions of Fox News TV hosts and social media misinformation.

In addition to Merkel and May, the sources said, Trump regularly bullied and disparaged other leaders of the western alliance during his phone conversations -- including French President Emmanuel Macron, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, and Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison -- in the same hostile and aggressive way he discussed the coronavirus with some of America's governors.

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
So they have they believed that for the last 10 years and have decided to do away with it and nothing to replace it?
That was my point. It was one of Trump's key policies. 'Repeal and Replace'.

Krugman is always on about this

Ten years to come up with an alternative... and they still don't have one

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
Doesn’t a poor person in India, China, Europe Africa america - doesn’t a poor person suffer all over the world? Indeed, doesn’t a poor person in a poor country suffer more than an African American.

where are the news reports of those suffering across Africa, the discrimination of Kurds and other minorities across the world.

where is the outrage against the total destruction of countries and millions of lives which our government and Our people have endorsed and continue to ignore.

I am now worked up and need to control my self because the way I see it - you, all of you
on this racist crusade are entirely lost.

Examine your self. Why, is this your obsession? We directly caused Numberless orphans and mutiliated Bodies across the Middle East. Those who manage to escape our barbarism and somehow land on our shores we cage in off shore islands.

We can actually do something real to ease and even remove that suffering or at least prevent its reoccurrence of our foreign policy.

Instead, you maintain this saintly vigil against unconscious racism. Because you know these white supremacist are just lurking everywhere like a virus.

my contempt for you very soul could hardly be greater. The one mitigating factor is that you are the victim of this mass hysterical cult.

This is now the fashion. So, when the fashion was to hate homosexuals you would have been right in the middle of the mob. When the fashion was to treat the indigenous like fauna you would have been there too.

Weakness and timidity against a crowd is understandable - craven Of course but understandable.
It is something malignant to lead the mob and cheer it towards hate, and division, sowing seeds of misery with sanctimonious aplomb dressed in a cloak of conceited compassion.

Devil be gone
Genuinely heartening to see your compassion for the forgotten victims of "non-newsworthy" aggression worldwide. I mean that.

But this is the Trump thread, and the bow you're drawing is very long, to say the least.

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
They arent breaking from trumps orbit. They are making it easier for him politically to adopt masks. This is a coordinated approach by republicans so trump doesnt lose face when he decides to start wearing them.

I respect your counter-argument, it has some merit; but I wonder, wouldn't he take the lead on the issue if that's the way he wanted to go?

Time will tell, are they deserting a sinking ship, or making another effort to keep him afloat? Or does he still rule with an iron fist?

Oct 5, 2007
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond

It’s good to see you have the fortitude to resist what is fashionable and continue to be racist and ignorant in this age.

Kangas_11

Club Legend
Nov 14, 2013
Toronto
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Colts, Raptors, Milan, FU Crabs
Just out of interest how is Canada dealing with a failed state beset by an out of control epidemic at their southern border?
I can only give my personal view from here in Toronto, but pretty well to be honest, the border to the US is still closed til July 21st, and will no doubt continue after that as well.

Covid 19 cases in Canada are trending similarly to Europe, with a steady decline in new cases. The big challenge in Toronto especially will be Canada Day tomorrow, which might cause an uptick in cases due to family gatherings in public areas. Still limited to groups of 10 though, and there's no big events going down in the city.

Can confirm everyone is keeping a very cautious eye over the fence to the south though.

Aug 1, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It’s good to see you have the fortitude to resist what is fashionable and continue to be racist and ignorant in this age.
I developed an allergic sensitivity to sanctimony after 12 years of religious indoctrination. It can be difficult for those who haven't been exposed to it's corrupting influence. The way Catholic priests groomed their victims is now happening on a world scale. Be careful, the desire to be a good little obedient boy makes you particularly susceptible.

Trump Tweets.
I know better than anyone that my friend Roger Ailes died 3 years ago, just look at what happened to
@FoxNews
. We all miss Roger!!!

Well birds of a feather flock together!

The poor guy doesnt even know where Roger Ailes is anymore :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back