News 2 Collingwood players being investigated for COVID-19 Breach

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the quote.................I actually can't believe Bucks said this.
He (Sidebottom) is quite embarrassed about the situation. He’s obviously remorseful about the decisions that were made, but he is also in some way confused about what has taken place.
“At some point, obviously, with his drinking he’s made some poor decisions, but his recollection isn’t that great.
“He hasn’t been drinking as regularly I suppose. In conversations with him, he probably hasn’t been consuming as much alcohol and one of the theories is that he wasn’t able to handle what he consumed at Howie’s place.
“In the end they’re all details that try to explain, in some way, what has happened in the evening or Steele’s understanding of it. He’s suitably embarrassed and very contrite, as you would understand.
“Steele obviously needed help to get home and in his recollection can’t remember a lot around what happened that evening. He ended up finding himself home earlier the next morning.”
fair bit of Cwood waffle in that statement. Sadly, two short sentences would suffice in this case.

fair bit of Cwood waffle in that statement. Sadly, two short sentences would suffice in this case.
I don’t think it was a statement. I assume he was answering questions.

Agree. Makes a Idiot of Himself and the Club

How does Eddie, in his role as a media commentator, asking for clarity and transparency on a player's off-field injury circumstances make an idiot of either him or the club? Isn't that his job?

This is the quote.................I actually can't believe Bucks said this.

He (Sidebottom) is quite embarrassed about the situation. He’s obviously remorseful about the decisions that were made, but he is also in some way confused about what has taken place.

“At some point, obviously, with his drinking he’s made some poor decisions, but his recollection isn’t that great.

“He hasn’t been drinking as regularly I suppose. In conversations with him, he probably hasn’t been consuming as much alcohol and one of the theories is that he wasn’t able to handle what he consumed at Howie’s place.

“In the end they’re all details that try to explain, in some way, what has happened in the evening or Steele’s understanding of it. He’s suitably embarrassed and very contrite, as you would understand.

“Steele obviously needed help to get home and in his recollection can’t remember a lot around what happened that evening. He ended up finding himself home earlier the next morning.”
Wow, better off not saying anything

They went to a friends house and had too many beers then made one dumb decision in Dunns case and by the sound of it a string of them in Sideys case. I'm sure the vast majority of us have done far worse. Don't think it says anything about our culture other than like every other club some or most of our players sometimes drink too much. They'll get the whack they deserve or probably worse than they deserve and we'll all move on to the next outrage.

Don't disagree with what you've said here, fact is almost every year our best players do their best to make themselves unavailable by doing stupid s***.

Yeah move on, two of our best players out, 1 for maybe the season and 1 for probably a month by doing something stupid. Club penalized.

But that's ok, we'll do it again next year or on the eve of finals. Who's turn now? Is Pendles due? What about Darcy or Billy? Finally getting on top of their injuries - how about they make themselves unavailable doing something stupid, week before finals, perfect!. Must be in the charter at our club.

Nah f***** over it.:mad::triumph:

Don't disagree with what you've said here, fact is almost every year our best players do their best to make themselves unavailable by doing stupid s***.

Yeah move on, two of our best players out, 1 for maybe the season and 1 for probably a month by doing something stupid. Club penalized.

But that's ok, we'll do it again next year or on the eve of finals. Who's turn now? Is Pendles due? What about Darcy or Billy? Finally getting on top of their injuries - how about they make themselves unavailable doing something stupid, week before finals, perfect!. Must be in the charter at our club.

Nah f***** over it.:mad::triumph:
I get your frustration, but not really sure why you're lumping Howe's injury into it. Sidey will be back before too long. If having someone stuff up and get suspended for a few weeks is the worst thing that happens - I think we'll win the flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Slobbo amongst one of a few Herald Sun journalists putting their name to an article saying Steele was found "half naked" by police. Aaah haha.

Can anyone post the article?

Also, which half?
I can relate to Steele. I was once found half naked in Moonee Ponds.

I get your frustration, but not really sure why you're lumping Howe's injury into it. Sidey will be back before too long. If having someone stuff up and get suspended for a few weeks is the worst thing that happens - I think we'll win the flag.

Sides shouldn't be out AT ALL! That's the whole point.

IF Sides and everyone else behaves themselves between now and the big dance (and the less likely the injury gods are on our side) we may win it.

Given our history (continued, continued, continued infinitum), that doesn't give me much confidence.

Every time we look like we might snag one, for some twilight zone reason one of our best players does something stupid and makes themselves unavailable. AArrgggghhhh!!!!

It's the unnecessary which is infuriating.

I think 2-3 would be the very most. Because NO WAY should he get the same punishment as Hunter who did a lot more than Steele did.

Hunter does not play for Collingwood Though

Slobbo amongst one of a few Herald Sun journalists putting their name to an article saying Steele was found "half naked" by police. Aaah haha.

Can anyone post the article?

Also, which half?

Did he Get Confused with himself

Buckley described Sidebottom’s actions as out of character.

“This is an event, not a pattern and we’re treating it as such,” he said.

“We’re trying to support Steele through it because his major emotion is embarrassment at the moment.”

“The initial idea to go over to Howie’s on Saturday afternoon was in terms of love and care for his teammate.

“We also see that part of it as well.

“He’s been a great support and he’s been playing great footy.

“He had a quiet one on Friday night and potentially all of those things weighed on top of one another.”

The AFL is hopeful of announcing a penalty for Sidebottom’s COVID-19 breach on Wednesday.

************************************************************************************

The bolded part is bullshit Bucks...........but I am sure the Collingwood minions will eat it up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back