Preview Round 5, Brisbane Lions vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be conducive to smalls kicking more goals but still relys heavily on the talls creating contests.

Yeah for sure.

The closer we get to Saturday, the more excited I am. I feel like Port are at their peak while we've been about 60% of ours. If we can turn it on, it'll make for a very good contest. I think 15k+ in attendance will spur our players on and help us get over the line in a close game.

Jan 9, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It might be conducive to smalls kicking more goals but still relys heavily on the talls creating contests.
It was primarily in response to this comment : I hope our two key forwards both take more contested marks than McCarthy. Is it too much to hope for a match winning bag from them? that came from DERRINALPHIL who was having one of the many cracks at our key forwards. I'm gradually getting tired of the key forward bashing when they are consistently doing whats asked of them. The bagging isn't warranted in my opinion and the performance of our team reflect exactly that.

Our conduct in the last meeting was an embarrassment from top to bottom. Hopefully should be a cracker this time around more akin to the last game at the GABBA

Don't think your lot will make the same mistake twice. At the same time, Neale is in top form so you do probably have to pay him some attention. Clean center clearances could be absolute gold this game.

Scubaveg

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 6, 2009
Carina
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
War-time flashbacks to 2004 GF. I cried so hard. Like ugly cried. Am fully committed to doing that again for a shot at being premiers.

Could have been so different if Brady’s first shot in goal after half time went through instead of being a point. Would have been 4 goal lead and not pegged back...can still see it...

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Good preview
I am confident of beating Port this week.
We play the Gabba well so that and a home crowd will be helpful.
Need to stop Ports good supply to their forwards.
So midfield and half backs need to up their pressure game which we will do.
Lyons and Berry will have run with roles on Boak and Rockliff and curtail their influence.
I see us being in the game by quarter time and slowly getting the better of Port as the game progresses

Lions by 28 points

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I would imagine that if 14000 have entered the ballot they will let them all in?
Yes I think they will allow for 20 K total in attendance no reason not to.
Just a matter of how many tickets are allocated to Port/Cricket Club/Corporate etc etc.
Hopefully 16 k Lions members balance to others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It was primarily in response to this comment : I hope our two key forwards both take more contested marks than McCarthy. Is it too much to hope for a match winning bag from them? that came from DERRINALPHIL who was having one of the many cracks at our key forwards. I'm gradually getting tired of the key forward bashing when they are consistently doing whats asked of them. The bagging isn't warranted in my opinion and the performance of our team reflect exactly that.

It's perplexing how some fans just can't seem to wrap their heads around the role our key forwards play

Last edited:
Hi dudes and dudettes

how would i go about getting a ticket for this blockbuster?
Just the one for old Billy Ray

Public tickets went on sale about 10am Friday for the game last week.

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]
Brisbane LionsAverage Per GamePort Adelaide Power
188.5Kicks205.5
102.5Handballs119.5
291.0Disposals325.0
71.0Marks86.0
10.2Goals12.5
13.5Behinds11.3
23.7Scoring Shots23.8
56.2Tackles54.8
29.8Hitouts33.2
16.8Frees For16.0
17.8Frees Against13.8
7.0Goal Assists7.8
49.8Inside 50s55.5
128.8Contested Possessions129.0
154.0Uncontested Possessions193.5
198.5Effective Disposals236.0
68.2%Disposal Efficiency %72.6%
43.0Clangers46.2
11.0Contested Marks10.8
11.0Marks Inside 5012.5
32.0Clearances33.5
10.5Centre Clearances10.5
21.5Stoppage Clearances23.0
27.5Rebound 50s27.2
48.2One Percenters46.0
2.0Bounces1.2
1.84Kick to Handball Ratio1.72
43.0%Conversion52.5%
28.53Disposals Per Goal26.00
12.28Disposals Per Scoring Shot13.66
4895.5Metres Gained5082.5
58.5Turnovers56.2
64.8Intercepts63.2
13.2Tackles Inside 5012.8

[TD valign="top"][/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]

Yeah for sure.

The closer we get to Saturday, the more excited I am. I feel like Port are at their peak while we've been about 60% of ours. If we can turn it on, it'll make for a very good contest. I think 15k+ in attendance will spur our players on and help us get over the line in a close game.
Or conversely, they could score 40% more than us. We need to bring our AAA-Game and we can’t afford any passengers.

Or conversely, they could score 40% more than us. We need to bring our AAA-Game and we can’t afford any passengers.

I don't think we'd need to be better than our best footy from 2019 to beat Port. They're not as scary as they look.

I don't think we'd need to be better than our best footy from 2019 to beat Port. They're not as scary as they look.
Yeah, I think you are right, but they are going to have set themselves for this game, particularly after we disposed of them last year in Adelaide. I would be very comfortable if we could produce our AAA-Game.

Yeah, I think you are right, but they are going to have set themselves for this game, particularly after we disposed of them last year in Adelaide. I would be very comfortable if we could produce our AAA-Game.

It will be one hell of a game. Two teams with great game styles. Could be the match of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back