Doona2

Cancelled
Mar 1, 2005
Kilmore
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Kilmore, Broadford, Yea, Calder
Yeah understand your point just putting another opinion out there but I’m either in or out but thinking juniors could even start in August if everything calms down and play a 6 game plus 2 finals.

I would elimate assistant coaches. time keepers could be a problem as they sit close.. I would say no runners but you really do need them. But it’s an interesting one and already parents pulling kids out so it’s a challenging one. However maybe they can hold off on a decision till as late as 3rd week July. Unfortunately senior footy can’t.

My concern is some kid saying to another kid I’m going to spit on you and all hell with break loose. Yes you might all laugh but seen it happen. Some parents not much better to tell you the truth. But hey let’s not go there..
Yes you would, but you fail to forget that a lot of junior games are there for parents to get their thrills out of ha ha.

I'll say it again I'm yet to hear a kid say they're missing 4 points, and let's be honest if adults can't be adults about all this right now, how can we expect the kids to nail it.

Cheapseat

Team Captain
Apr 28, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Why does it have to be a season. Why can’t kids just play footy games. I mean if kids get to play 3,4,5 games isn’t that better then none. I never said it has to be a season. I think that clubs should be able to play junior football matches. If for some reason the team can’t play that we or for 2 weeks then so be it.
I agree a season with a premiership awarded should be shelved. But why can’t kids just play footy games every Saturday/Sunday till September.
Yeah that's a different thing altogether I suppose then it just comes down to the individual clubs and their volunteers wanting or being able to run the participation on behalf of their club but that's not what's being proposed by the EDFL and the affiliation fees don't reflect that approach Horse. Parents are also sensitive to what rego's they are paying and what participation they get for that etc..

Cheapseat

Team Captain
Apr 28, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Local footy: Coronavirus outbreaks put EDFL junior season in jeopardy
Rising coronavirus cases in Melbourne’s north-west has put one suburban competition’s junior campaign in jeopardy. Here’s why clubs are withdrawing their teams.

Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 2.17.20 pm.png

Cheapseat

Team Captain
Apr 28, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I suspect the return to play guidelines may get reviewed too but to your point until that happens on a health basis the current rules are what should be considered.

Stay At Home orders to be reinstated from 11:59pm tomorrow night in the following postcodes in Victoria 3012, 3021, 3032, 3038, 3042, 3046, 3047, 3055, 3060 and 3064.

3012, Brooklyn, Kingsville, Maidstone, Tottenham, West Footscray.

3021, Albanvale, Kealba, Kings Park, St Albans.

3032, Ascotvale, High Point city, Maribyrnong, Travencore.

3038, Keilor Downs, Keilor Lodge, Taylors Lakes, Watergardens.

3042, airport West, Keilor Park, Niddrie.

3046, Glenroy, Hadfield, Oak Park.

3047, Broadmeadows, Dallas, Jacana.

3060, Fawkner.

3064, Craigieburn, Donnybrook, Mickelham, Roxburgh Park and Calcallow.

That didn't take long :oops:

EDFL Board meeting tonight:

Last edited:

Cheapseat

Team Captain
Apr 28, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Chops is on the money serious money pressure to keep juniors from power clubs.

I can hear Torp now.

I think we may have the numbers, if we take 10 minus 4 then divide that by 6 then multiple ~π then take the square root of that, then use Bi Law 4.2 and 5.6 I think we can stitch this together nicely. We have till midnight tomorrow night until lockdown to evacuate 36 suburbs, charter some private planes and establish a hub in QLD sh*t scratch that they won’t take us, SA oops no good, WA ummm, Tassie bugger, maybe we fall back to plan B. Let’s call the season on tonight and put out a public announcement that we are just working out the finer details.
View attachment 903529Season done

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

GMAN63

Senior List
Dec 30, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We have already refunded a handful of junior memberships ( at parents request ) at EK this year once the season was looking wobbly. Important that these have been or can be refunded if need be - no questions asked , as some members will be doing it tough. Alternatively, they can be rolled over to season 2021.

BoozeBud

Senior List
Nov 19, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
We have already refunded a handful of junior memberships ( at parents request ) at EK this year once the season was looking wobbly. Important that these have been or can be refunded if need be - no questions asked , as some members will be doing it tough. Alternatively, they can be rolled over to season 2021.

Great work

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Turbos mail

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Interesting if the SFL get a season going although I can’t see it. If so a couple of players will make a club nervous about heading to a club in that comp., 😉😉

Cheapseat

Team Captain
Apr 28, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Former Essendon District Football League chairman Brett Scott has taken aim at the suburban competition after it refused to rule a line through its junior age groups at Tuesday night’s board meeting.

Oak Park president Scott, who stepped down in 2018 after a six-year stint as the EDFL’s chairman and 19 years on the board, accused the league’s heavyweights of lacking leadership.

“Due to the EDFL boards (sic) inability to make a strong, decisive decision, the OPCSA executive is left with no option other than to withdraw from competitive competition in 2020,” Scott said in a message on the Oak Park Community Sports Association’s Facebook page.

Maybe he could have stood up to the clubs pressuring the EDFL board?
Screen Shot 2020-07-01 at 12.18.36 pm.png

Sokratis

Cancelled
Nov 22, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Former Essendon District Football League chairman Brett Scott has taken aim at the suburban competition after it refused to rule a line through its junior age groups at Tuesday night’s board meeting.

Oak Park president Scott, who stepped down in 2018 after a six-year stint as the EDFL’s chairman and 19 years on the board, accused the league’s heavyweights of lacking leadership.

“Due to the EDFL boards (sic) inability to make a strong, decisive decision, the OPCSA executive is left with no option other than to withdraw from competitive competition in 2020,” Scott said in a message on the Oak Park Community Sports Association’s Facebook page.

Maybe he could have stood up to the clubs pressuring the EDFL board?View attachment 903861
WOW If only he was as decisive and strong when he was running the EDFL into the ground. This bloke is full of himself and was the most opinionated EDFL board member in recent history. Constantly looked after his mates and now that he dosnt get what he likes, he has a sook. Kyte may be copping a lot of flack but this is the biggest issue local footy has ever faced. Brett Scott was and always will be selfish, just ask the remaining committee or the ones that left under his so called leadership

Last edited:

Potato Chops

Senior List
Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
WOW If only he was as decisive and strong when he was running the EDFL into the ground. This bloke is full of himself and was the most opinionated EDFL board member in recent history. Constantly looked after his mates and now that he dosnt get what he likes, he has a sook. Kyte may be copping a lot of flack but this is the biggest issue local footy has ever faced. Brett Scott was and always will be selfish, just ask the remaining committee or the ones that left under his so called leadership
Obviously a little history here.

Uptherox

All Australian
Apr 15, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yep mentioned it about a week or so ago. Great cause. Raising awareness for men's mental health by running from the lowest point of Victoria to the highest point of Australia. Get around it. After everything Faz did to get us the only local footy we've seen this year in the bushfire game it would be great to get some support from the BF community

Not sure if this has been mentioned but just come across what Roxburgh parks Coach Michael Farrelly and Young gun Jack Elliot Are doing for mental health
Really deep and powerful stuff For a great cause

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back