List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. Other Assorted Crap. 2020 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Plus a swap of picks.

We're talking about a guy who by the end of the season, might have only ever played 1 game.

We gave them pick 28 for Yeo back in 2013.

And they will remember that.
End of the day Lions bat deep in the midfield. See Starcavich heading to Freo too.

Will need a pick in the low 20's min for Robertson.

Rivers is a massive Eagles fan. And we will also need a ruck in two years.😎😁

Rivers actually looks very attacking and already creates scoring opportunities from half back for Melbourne. Not afraid to take the high risk kicks.

Very impressive in his first game. Averaging 12 touches, 2.5 tackles from 2 games this year.

Ironically he WOULD actually be a good Hurn/Jetta replacement.

Rivers is so good on AFL Evo 2 once traded in.

Rivers would be an oustanding pick up if we could ever entice him home.
He will develope into a big bodied power midfielder in the future. Those who watched him play there for East Fremantle will know of his goal kicking and attacking capabilities.

Was a die hard Eagles fan growing up.
And while we are at it Rivers East Fremantle Mate, Trey Ruscoe who is at Collingwood would be a good get as well.

Last edited:

dkalphy

All Australian
Sep 17, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Probably a less agile Yeo about him.

Actually Maynard is a pretty good comparison. I still remember several of us were keen on him pre draft.

Ultimate campaigner is Maynard, but he can play.
You know who reminds me Maynard from our list? Liam Duggan, both left footers in the backline, play tough and relatively young

TOA.

Premiership Player
Oct 30, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Because he was arguably the best midfielder of his draft, is a local talent and the nephew of a club great and list manager?

Let's start with that.

But he slide into the second round for a reason, I seem to recall the main reason discussed was that clubs have serious concerns about his disposal. Would probably suit the "flour bag only" mantra of our current midfielders though.

But he slide into the second round for a reason, I seem to recall the main reason discussed was that clubs have serious concerns about his disposal. Would probably suit the "flour bag only" mantra of our current midfielders though.

Yeah that seems about the only consistent knock on his game i've found from articles. Other than the fact he doesn't hit the scoreboard enough and potentially might have an issue with versatility. In other words a faster, more agile Matt Priddis 😍

But for someone who breaks Sam Walsh's record in the U18 champs and pulls 30 touches, 12 contested, 7 tackles and 5 clearances a game, it's not like you wouldn't take the swing. Especially given his ties to the club and the fact he's a local. Wouldn't move heaven and earth to get him, but we'd have to take a look.

I think he's got way more positives to his game than negatives. With his leadership, consistency, inside work and athleticism.

His kicking might never get that punch to it, but you'd think with coaching it would be serviceable at worst. I'm thinking Redden type foot skills.

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah that seems about the only consistent knock on his game i've found from articles. Other than the fact he doesn't hit the scoreboard enough and potentially might have an issue with versatility. In other words a faster, more agile Matt Priddis 😍

But for someone who breaks Sam Walsh's record in the U18 champs and pulls 30 touches, 12 contested, 7 tackles and 5 clearances a game, it's not like you wouldn't take the swing. Especially given his ties to the club and the fact he's a local. Wouldn't move heaven and earth to get him, but we'd have to take a look.

I think he's got way more positives to his game than negatives. With his leadership, consistency, inside work and athleticism.

His kicking might never get that punch to it, but you'd think with coaching it would be serviceable at worst. I'm thinking Redden type foot skills.
I’d take someone with s**t foot skills over the mids we have with s**t handball skills. No point having a raking left boot in space like Sheed if you handball to players‘ feet or behind them

Yamumluvsbigcox

Cancelled
Oct 22, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
I’d take someone with sh*t foot skills over the mids we have with sh*t handball skills. No point having a raking left boot in space like Sheed if you handball to players‘ feet or behind them
Sheeds handballs are fine . One of our better guys that can actually get his arms free and ride a tackle . Sometimes holds it too long and gets done htb rather than just getting rid of it .

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Sheeds handballs are fine . One of our better guys that can actually get his arms free and ride a tackle . Sometimes holds it too long and gets done htb rather than just getting rid of it .
3EA7769F-5854-472F-ADE6-0095FF7ECF68.gif

falls in his lap and it ends up resulting in a rushed hack forward instead of a clean clearance

View attachment 905322

falls in his lap and it ends up resulting in a rushed hack forward instead of a clean clearance

Handball was but look at the set-up. Doomed to failure.

Naita and Yeo put zero body work into trying to give Sheed some space. Shuey was behined the Lions ruckman and Gaff was plauing behind his man on the outside too.

In fact the more it loops the shitter Naitas effort looks.

shooshka

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
I think Shuey has a longer playing career ahead of him once we have adequate replacements for his midfield role, as I can see him transitioning into a very crafty and damaging small forward that crumbs the packs and swoops on the front and square ball on the ground.
He has always been a burst players and there is nothing to suggest that he will loose his quickness.
If he plays as a small forward he won’t have the sh*t beaten out of him as he cops now in the midfield, therefore extending his career.
He would be a difficult match up for opposing teams as he is so nippy across the ground and is as cunning as a shithouse rat around goals.

Just my two cents worth.
Yep, and could drop a fair bit of muscle to play that role (needs the bulk to be an inside mid, but could be faster and more agile, but not as strong, down forward).

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back