Opinion Commentary & Media IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yet people continually think we get crucified every single week.

Rofl.

We are second only to WC for frees for in the last decade.

1593662276378.png

the positive is that we don't give away easy free kicks and our team is able to keep it together when under pressure.

It's a knee jerk response to 16 minute quarters & scoring, and it suits Hawthorn to a tee.

And can we also make note of the fact that Clarko was lying when he said they'd 60-something tackles went unrewarded? Hawthorn actually DID get rewarded for their tackling and North's incorrect disposal.

And West Coast.

They have comprehensively shat the bed since moving to the hub. Being found out as a bunch of flat track bullies.
Flat track bullies might be harsh, but it certainly seems like they were beaten before they started here. Oddly enough, Simpson seemed to set the mood.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

not really that much of a fundamental of the game if the VFA had 16 a side for decades...

without a doubt it would open up the game these days. what is an argument against it other than a subjective take such as "it takes away a fundamental of the game"

not really that much of a fundamental of the game if the VFA had 16 a side for decades...

without a doubt it would open up the game these days. what is an argument against it other than a subjective take such as "it takes away a fundamental of the game"
We have no proof it would open up the game. Are we reflecting this on VFA and scratch matches this year. Just a knee jerk reaction, give the game some time it’ll come good. Too many rule changes too much messing with the game. It’ll turn people off it. Remember without fans the game would be what it is now (terrible).

Would prefer it just to go back to the traditional length quarters, 25 mins plus time on, worked well for many decades, players get tired , games open up.

We have no proof it would open up the game. Are we reflecting this on VFA and scratch matches this year. Just a knee jerk reaction, give the game some time it’ll come good. Too many rule changes too much messing with the game. It’ll turn people off it. Remember without fans the game would be what it is now (terrible).

i agree that there are too many rule changes. but it's interpretive rules such as holding the ball, contact below the knees, holding in the ruck, high tackles/ducking etc. that ruin the game. ppl are talking about increasing the kicking distance required, not kicking backwards, less prior opportunity etc. this puts more onus on the umpires whom already can't rule correctly as it is! the more interpretations those idiots have to make the worse the game gets. the best umpired sports in the world are the ones which almost eliminate any subjective opinions from the umpire.

making it 16 a side is simple. try it in the pre season games and see if it works, i can't see how it wouldn't work. it would work better than the stupid interpretive rule changes they've brought in/want to introduce.

i agree that there are too many rule changes. but it's interpretive rules such as holding the ball, contact below the knees, holding in the ruck, high tackles/ducking etc. that ruin the game. ppl are talking about increasing the kicking distance required, not kicking backwards, less prior opportunity etc. this puts more onus on the umpires whom already can't rule correctly as it is! the more interpretations those idiots have to make the worse the game gets. the best umpired sports in the world are the ones which almost eliminate any subjective opinions from the umpire.

making it 16 a side is simple. try it in the pre season games and see if it works, i can't see how it wouldn't work. it would work better than the stupid interpretive rule changes they've brought in/want to introduce.

100% spot on. All the other proposed changes (and previous ones) are subjective. 16 a side is not and changes nothing integral to the game at all IMO - not saying it will magically change everything but I do believe it is worth looking at. I'm all for non-subjective changes and changes that do not require more umpire input in the decision.

Honestly, I just want them to reverse almost all of the rule changes of the past ten years or so.

1. Stop being dicks about the protected area
2. Allow third man up (and penalise blocking if it's there)
3. Unlimited interchange (footy's gotten worse since the interchange cap was imposed, and worse each time it was decreased)
4. The 30 sec shot clock can * off (call time off, you idiots!)
5. The 6-6-6 starting positions have done nothing - and won't be missed.

I'm sure there's more but this is a start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back