Preview Round V: Dees vs the lethargic Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol, just realised with Jones not playing this week he cannot make it to 300 games in 2020. And if he is not getting a game now things look grim for 2021.

The guy really should have left the club in his prime and enjoyed some success. He's like the bizarro world version of Selwood. who funnily enough hits 300 this week.

Lol, just realised with Jones not playing this week he cannot make it to 300 games in 2020. And if he is not getting a game now things look grim for 2021.

The guy really should have left the club in his prime and enjoyed some success. He's like the bizarro world version of Selwood. who funnily enough hits 300 this week.

He should have retired last year, I've been critical of a lot of things Goodwin has done but Jones really doesn't offer much nowadays.

You're forgetting finals :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:

He should have retired last year, I've been critical of a lot of things Goodwin has done but Jones really doesn't offer much nowadays.
Neither does Spargo or Wagner but they get games

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Perhaps so, but if we are going to put games players who aren't up to it we may as well get him to 300. That doesn't make the comment about him leaving redundant.

Thank * Jones isnt going to make 300 he would have been the worst player to ever play 300. Glad we aren't adding a B grader(at best) to Neitz.

It honestly looks like we're tanking again. We have a fit Jetta, Jones, Weideman and Harley sitting out against an experienced and hungry premiership team. The worst part is we probably have 1 player in form in Petracca. The fact Goodwin sees Spargo ahead of Bennell is mindboggling considering Harley offers us something we don't have. Finishing skills and class.

Brown has to play. We are desperate for a lead up forward. Uninspiring inclusions tbh. I would have dropped Lockhart for Jetta. I can see Rioli and their smalls dominating against us.

It honestly looks like we're tanking again. We have a fit Jetta, Jones, Weideman and Harley sitting out against an experienced and hungry premiership team. The worst part is we probably have 1 player in form in Petracca. The fact Goodwin sees Spargo ahead of Bennell is mindboggling considering Harley offers us something we don't have. Finishing skills and class.

Brown has to play. We are desperate for a lead up forward. Uninspiring inclusions tbh. I would have dropped Lockhart for Jetta. I can see Rioli and their smalls dominating against us.
Problem is our 1st is with North so not much use in tanking. Want Brown in too but don't know if that'll help much. He's an honest trier but if the mids keep bombing it on his head he'll be as useless as our other forwards.

The other three are very meh.

Yeah i finally agree with everyone’s else, this bloke has to go before he does anymore damage.

Spargo and Omac ahead of Bennel and Jetta’s takes the cake, this bloke gets a hard on over contested possessions but Spargo and OMAc are included in the extended team....GAGF

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I accept that Plow, and the rest of us aren't seeing what's happening at training, and we aren't seeing what's happening in these reserves practice matches. But why on earth is it so plainly obvious, not only the issues, but also moves that could at least be possible solutions to them, to everyone else except the coaching panel? They are the living embodiment of Ned Flanders' parents, who had tried nothing, and were all out of ideas.

I can understand why these things weren't able to be addressed last year, because there just wasn't the cattle to make the moves, but they've got a damn near full list to choose from, and they persist with what has been shown time and again to not work.

You've really gotta laugh at the fact that a player like Bennell is being left out because he's not defensive enough, when there is half a dozen blokes in the team who can't ******* kick!

I accept that Plow, and the rest of us aren't seeing what's happening at training, and we aren't seeing what's happening in these reserves practice matches. But why on earth is it so plainly obvious, not only the issues, but also moves that could at least be possible solutions to them, to everyone else except the coaching panel? They are the living embodiment of Ned Flanders' parents, who had tried nothing, and were all out of ideas.

I can understand why these things weren't able to be addressed last year, because there just wasn't the cattle to make the moves, but they've got a damn near full list to choose from, and they persist with what has been shown time and again to not work.

You've really gotta laugh at the fact that a player like Bennell is being left out because he's not defensive enough, when there is half a dozen blokes in the team who can't ******* kick!
Weid kicked 5 in a practice match and couldn't get in the team despite us making 5 changes.

Then Bennell kicks 4 in a practice match and he can't get in despite 4 additions to the squad but Spargo can

Yet what makes this so laughable is the fact that we can't kick any goals. So the coaching staff decide to not reward players who kick goals in the practice matches

Weid kicked 5 in a practice match and couldn't get in the team despite us making 5 changes.

Then Bennell kicks 4 in a practice match and he can't get in despite 4 additions to the squad but Spargo can

Yet what makes this so laughable is the fact that we can't kick any goals. So the coaching staff decide to not reward players who kick goals in the practice matches

Yeah it's hilarious when you think about it, player kicks 5 in the twos the same week the team only kicks 8, but no need to make a change ... Player kicks 4 in the twos the same week the team only kicks 6 ... but his defensive work is the problem ... absolute comedy.

So true
1f7e124682c728bb607f1ec86977514b.jpg

Yeah it's hilarious when you think about it, player kicks 5 in the twos the same week the team only kicks 8, but no need to make a change ... Player kicks 4 in the twos the same week the team only kicks 6 ... but his defensive work is the problem ... absolute comedy.
It's only a comedy for every other supporter other than Dees. For us it's an absolute horror. Only the Dees do sh*t like this. Amateurs. It's unbelievable that we could be running a broom through the whole place yet again within only 4 years since Roos left. Even overlooking Dan Butler. Just another example of just how inept our whole club is. Our weekly selections since Goody took over has been mindboggling. It's not like this year it's just started happening.

What's hypocritical about this is that he bangs on about working on defensive element, yet picks Jake Melksham each week who is the most laziest footballer on our playing list. Never seen him lay a tackle inside our forward 50m.

Spargo ahead of Bennell.. we are dead set a laughing stock of the competition.

These selections are absolutely ridiculous. Our coach is a dead set moron but no one that matters can see it. I haven't despaired this much about the club for a long time. It was one thing to expect to lose with a pathetic list, but this list is good, yet morons continue to teach them some ridiculous game plan and pick the wrong players. Honestly it's not rocket science - pick your best players and play to your strengths (that means keeping it simple, pressure, attack, and lower your eyes and pick your targets).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back