Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
AFL Round5-01.png

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'm that ******* far over this idea good footballer=good commentator. Jobe is actual mud the campaigner can't even sling a sentence together without stutters or pauses * me its horrible. Just what you need when football isn't football anymore

booshboy

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I
I'm that ******* far over this idea good footballer=good commentator. Jobe is actual mud the campaigner can't even sling a sentence together without stutters or pauses fu** me its horrible. Just what you need when football isn't football anymore
I dont mind Jobe, but agree most are rubbish, dunno why 7 don't put Bartel on more....* their coverage is rubbish.

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
I
I dont mind Jobe, but agree most are rubbish, dunno why 7 don't put Bartel on more....fu** their coverage is rubbish.
I cant stand the campaigner. * off back to making coffee where you don't get noticed. Just anybody who can actually speak properly will do

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Never really taken any notice of Watson maybe I will now. At least he's only a special comments dude as opposed to Dwayne Russell who you are forced to listen to when he is commentating. The thing about Dwayne is he would be good if he a) stop trying to umpire and b) stop the bs repetitive catch phrases which only he finds funny like 'shake n bake' and c) stop giving pointless score updates.

On Carlton vs st kilda I really don't want either team to win, maybe leaning slightly towards Carlton. Carlton look terrible can't believe we had a loss against them, well at least felt like a loss.

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Always wished we got Ratten to take over Roos. Somehow ended up with Richardson....

Saints forward line operating how a proper AFL side should.
I always thought ratten was a pretty good coach he did well with an ok Carlton list. Will definitely be a lot better this time around. Also has roughy there as a forward coach which is also why saints look like they know what they're doing. The other thing is saints have had quite the turnover of players over the off-season and then have barely been able to train together and yet seem to be functioning really well as a team. Melbourne on the other hand haven't had too much of a change but look so dysfunctional.

Never really taken any notice of Watson maybe I will now. At least he's only a special comments dude as opposed to Dwayne Russell who you are forced to listen to when he is commentating. The thing about Dwayne is he would be good if he a) stop trying to umpire and b) stop the bs repetitive catch phrases which only he finds funny like 'shake n bake' and c) stop giving pointless score updates.

On Carlton vs st kilda I really don't want either team to win, maybe leaning slightly towards Carlton. Carlton look terrible can't believe we had a loss against them, well at least felt like a loss.
I didn't mind Watson actually, had some interesting points on tagging/working through that I thought, although probably don't have him on the same call as Ling or Richo as they all seem pretty interchangeable in what they offer. BT was bloody annoying at times, although I do kinda like how he says dopey stuff like 'crowd getting restless' watching an empty stadium. Adds to the surreal feel of the season.

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I didn't mind Watson actually, had some interesting points on tagging/working through that I thought, although probably don't have him on the same call as Ling or Richo as they all seem pretty interchangeable in what they offer. BT was bloody annoying at times, although I do kinda like how he says dopey stuff like 'crowd getting restless' watching an empty stadium. Adds to the surreal feel of the season.
Fair enough. Yeah I don't mind BT so he's a little theatrical at least it's just his natural personality. Same goes with Bruce a lot of people dislike him but I think he's fine sometimes gets carried away and blurts out something stupid like referring to Essendon as 'everyone's second favourite team' but he is a complete professional. Channel 10 actually had some of the best such as Tim lane and stephen Quartermaine.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Fair enough. Yeah I don't mind BT so he's a little theatrical at least it's just his natural personality. Same goes with Bruce a lot of people dislike him but I think he's fine sometimes gets carried away and blurts out something stupid like referring to Essendon as 'everyone's second favourite team' but he is a complete professional. Channel 10 actually had some of the best such as Tim lane and stephen Quartermaine.
BTs way better on radio, I think channel 7 actually ask him to be extra weird.

I think any commentator gets annoying after a while because they develop certain quirks they think they need to shove into every call every chance they can. Dennis Commetti was like this towards the end, throwing inane similies about every player into every game. Bruce and his rhetorical questions. They have their 'brand' they've gotta promote.
The 10 crew annoyed me a bit when they broadcast but in hindsight not as bad as the current 7 team by a long shot.

The standard of commentary has clearly gone the same way as the standard of football

Channel 7 are up there as one of the worst things to happen to footy over the last decade.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Channel 7 are up there as one of the worst things to happen to footy over the last decade.
Agree 100% ... it was had a tenuous grasp while Dennis was still there ... but since, has been abysmal. The group of commentators and particularly their special comments team is deplorable. Daisy is the only decent one

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Agree 100% ... it was had a tenuous grasp while Dennis was still there ... but since, has been abysmal. The group of commentators and particularly their special comments team is deplorable. Daisy is the only decent one
Opinions and assholes. I think she's horrific.

Back