Preview Round 5, Brisbane Lions vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope she has Foxtel......I cant believe we r not on FTA in Melbourne instead they show 9 vs 13
MUM HAS FOXTEL!!
SHE ALSO HAS TINA WAFERS!!

Have got one there as well. Can't find it on the map

I think I sat there in the big bash. It's the 2nd tier. Lighter Maroon 18

160349_Updated_Membership_Map_Top_Tier_GA_2020_Pos_Ticketmaster-01.png

Have you got room for seven more? We can bring our own wafers and teabags. Given my Lions game success I bet you live in Melbourne though.
Happy to have you, but you will need to be a Victorian Pledge Member. There are 5 seats left. I’m on one couch with two other spots and there is the second couch.

Happy to have you, but you will need to be a Victorian Pledge Member. There are 5 seats left. I’m on one couch with two other spots and there is the second couch.

Damn, we are qld and flights are as scare as Lions tickets atm. Plus your mum might get sick of us while we did the two weeks isolation in her house.

I did not get tickets either. Got them last week, signed up exactly the same way, got a confirmation email after submitting the ballot and nothing. No email and checked for tickets on lions app/ticketmaster. Hoping they fix it up tomorrow so we don't miss out.

Damn, we are qld and flights are as scare as Lions tickets atm. Plus your mum might get sick of us while we did the two weeks isolation in her house.
Don’t bet on it. Mum is always up for a chat.

I did not get tickets either. Got them last week, signed up exactly the same way, got a confirmation email after submitting the ballot and nothing. No email and checked for tickets on lions app/ticketmaster. Hoping they fix it up tomorrow so we don't miss out.
This is us as well.
The lack of a “thanks for entering the ballot... but Unfortunately....“ email so far gives me *some* hope that they’ve not completed the allocation, As it seems odd the members would miss out given the increase in allowable capacity this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So public tickets went on sale at 3pm. Just tried to look for a group of four tickets are there are none available. Given they said all pledged members would get tickets and some of us haven't got to think the reason they don't send member tickets out till after public sales is so they can sell as many as possible and then limit member numbers accordingly.
I didn’t get an email for tickets last week.found them in my Lions account under My events after signing in. Maybe this helps

I didn’t get an email for tickets last week.found them in my Lions account under My events after signing in. Maybe this helps

Thanks, I've been obsessively checking my account My Events tab and still no tickets, and I'll continue to check until I get the you missed out email.

I need to get a grip TBH as I'm way too pissed about missing out. I've counted five others here who have missed out and who are behaving like adults, unlike my childish tantrums. I'm being such a baby I'm not watching the Saints/Carlton game tonight. That'll show the Lions!!!

I think Port are going to give us a reality check this week
Same, particularly with the line-up we're going with.

We;d want more than 4 disposals from Tom Berry this week. I'm really not sure the merit of playing him this week after he was barely sighted in his last game. I have no doubt Allen Christensen or a Rhys Mathieson, Noah Answerth etc. would've done a lot more than Tom Berry would. In fact, aside from an exceptional mark in his first game and having the Berry surname, I'm not sure he would've received the praise he has had to date. Hell, its a shame Corey Lyons hasn't been afforded the same opportunity.

Martin's inclusion is a massive bonus.

I'm actually feeling more confident than I was 24 hours ago.

Stef is a bloody good player and a massive in for us. Chronically underrated player, especially in the media.

His inclusion also gives the Big O an opportunity to rest forward and when he does that he's usually good for at least a goal.

We;d want more than 4 disposals from Tom Berry this week. I'm really not sure the merit of playing him this week after he was barely sighted in his last game. I have no doubt Allen Christensen or a Rhys Mathieson, Noah Answerth etc. would've done a lot more than Tom Berry would. In fact, aside from an exceptional mark in his first game and having the Berry surname, I'm not sure he would've received the praise he has had to date. Hell, its a shame Corey Lyons hasn't been afforded the same opportunity.

Tommy Berry's going to be a star. But I agree it's a big ask for him in a game like this at his stage of his career. Btw he did more than take 1 mark.

I'm worried about every game , not sure why there's so much pessimism about this one . Sure they've been going well but we've got a reasonably formidable team ourselves.

If we play to our capacity and execute well we'll be very hard to beat at the Gabba.

It hasn't been that easy to work out how any team is really going this season. We'll know more this week.

It's a must win type of game - do people really think we'd go Tom Berry for any reason other than he is the best fit for that 22nd spot?

Fagan wants to win, and if our chances of winning were to increase by including Matho or Bundy ahead of Berry, I'm sure he wouldn't hesitate.

Zane Littlejohn said Berry performed at an AFL level against the Crows reserves on the weekend and was BOG up until he went off at half time. Berry has earned his spot.

It's a must win type of game - do people really think we'd go Tom Berry for any reason other than he is the best fit for that 22nd spot?

Fagan wants to win, and if our chances of winning were to increase by including Matho or Bundy ahead of Berry, I'm sure he wouldn't hesitate.

Zane Littlejohn said Berry performed at an AFL level against the Crows reserves on the weekend and was BOG up until he went off at half time. Berry has earned his spot.
The first half of his first game was awesome. Lots of high pressure running down ,smothering , harrassing . I thought he made a difference.

Sometimes if you think someone has what it takes and what you're looking for you've just got to put the games into them.

I just love the way he plays.

so I’m actually the direct opposite view to you on this. T Berry or Keidean for me as the Zorks replacement on this. Glad we went with the elite pressure option. His role should not be measured on possessions, at all. His pressure index / pressure acts need to be his gauge; and to be honest aside from Zorks (and Charlie when he wants to), noone else better than Tom on our list for chasing, harassing and general applied defensive forwards pressure.

On the other hand, and I know this is almost sacrilege, I think Stef’s time is almost up for us. Absolutely love the guy he is and what he’s done for our club. But he’s running on reserves IMO now, his weaknesses are ‘shining’ brighter than his strengths (disposals are a liability, poor forward 50 presence, even if he marks it, he’ll likely miss the shot). I hope I’m wrong on this one, but I would put most of our eggs in the O as lead ruck basket right now. Undoubtedly Fages loves Stef, rightfully so, so he’ll give him at least another 8 games+ to prove himself.

Again, no offence to Stef and I still love him, just not as the player he once was for us;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back