We recruited John Deere?

Well, hes not the quickest....

1593689200629.png

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think we are getting the acts together, for the last 4 games we have played at most 2.5 quarters, still not stringing together a full game due to rust, match fitness, new coaching. Last yr when Shaw came in, we were in full swing of things. Now we just need to develop the players to Turn on the heat in the second quarter as that’s our weakest quarter. We need to get Even at least. The players have to get afterburner up first as term 2 is followed by a long break hence recovery is much more effective. We are not pacing ourselves As we leave things too late.

Really not sure why Jmac comes straight back in, i think we can afford to have only one of Jmac, Atley and Pittard in the team at the moment
We need that third tall forward or someone to replace cunners in the centre should he not come up 🤫

Nov 17, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Wanted Walker in the side for purely selfish reasons, but happy with the team that was named. Will be interesting to see who out of the eight defenders will be moving up the ground. Would make sense if we wanted to play somebody on Bont, which would suit either Hayden or McDonald.

The last time neither Ziebell or Cunnington lined up for us was in Round 13, 2013. We were done over by Freo in Perth by 38 points and only scored 4.5-29. The club has only had fewer scoring shots 4 times in its VFL/AFL history.

If I'm thinking of the right game then it was absolutely soaking wet that night from memory and against one of the all time best Ross Lyon teams defensively.

osaka mick

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2006
Gold Coast
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Everton, 76s, Canucks
Out: Ziebell, Atley

In: Murphy and Walker/Scott

Give Xerri another crack at it (until Larkey is ready) and I’m done with Atley.

Not sure Daw is required in the back line, so would only come in as a forward, if he is to come in.

I’m all for giving these kids a crack, they look like they have something.

Pittard on thin ice, 2 weeks he has cost us dearly.

In what way has JP cost us? He is one guy who attacks the ball, the man and goes for aggressive kicks. At times they might cost us, but at least he is trying to be aggressive!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

osaka mick

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2006
Gold Coast
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Everton, 76s, Canucks
Was wondering what people’s thoughts about JZ our? I thought he started well last week, but after the 5 minute mark, had zero influence on the game! The next week he was very ordinary! As a leader, he doesn’t do it for me! Struggle to keep his spot imo!

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
Wanted Walker in the side for purely selfish reasons, but happy with the team that was named. Will be interesting to see who out of the eight defenders will be moving up the ground. Would make sense if we wanted to play somebody on Bont, which would suit either Hayden or McDonald.
I've wondered if Shaw might try that.

I reckon it's worth a shot myself.
This was only 4 months ago, Scamper better try something..

Marcus Bontempelli put the All-Stars on notice ahead of next week's bushfire appeal match with a dominant display in the Western Bulldogs' big AFL pre-season win over North Melbourne.

A marquee selection for Victoria in the representative fixture, Bontempelli hit the ground running in his first appearance of 2020 by matching his career-best haul of 37 disposals at Marvel Stadium on Friday night.

chairo

Team Captain
Dec 22, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I am a bit weirded out by these selections. We lost a forward and replaced him with a defender while we struggled kicking goals last week.

I presume, as suggested above, the selections also means Hayden will be a part of the midfield rotation. Poor lad, our most junior midfielders seem to get minimal game time and then get dropped the following week.

I notice that McKay is in the emergencies. Could he play if Cunnington doesn't pull up? Is Tarrant fully fit?

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Starting to wonder if being an assistant before the main gig can interfere with (or at least slow down) a coach's ability to come in and clinically reshape the list and lineup.

For all the great rhetoric things are starting to look and perform like they always did.

Hope I'm wrong and we come out and surprise vs the dogs. Think we'll get run off our feet.

davefromjerra

All Australian
Mar 3, 2005
Magnetic Island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
North recruitment team we supposedly aggressively split between taking Lachie Hansen and Joel. Think it caused a rift within our FD from memory. Our head recruiter wanted JS. He was right.
I seem to remember that the feeling was that Lachie was going to go at 2 and we were going to pick Scott Gumbleton. No one could argue that Lachie didn’t put his body on the line for our club and he doesn’t deserve keyboard warriors hanging s**t on him.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Starting to wonder if being an assistant before the main gig can interfere with (or at least slow down) a coach's ability to come in and clinically reshape the list and lineup.

For all the great rhetoric things are starting to look and perform like they always did.

Hope I'm wrong and we come out and surprise vs the dogs. Think we'll get run off our feet.

I want to see what happens at the end of the year. It’s hard to make too many changes over a single off season and you’ve also got to factor in contracts as well. Pretty much the whole list comes out of contract over the next 2 years. There needs to be a cleansing.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Was wondering what people’s thoughts about JZ our? I thought he started well last week, but after the 5 minute mark, had zero influence on the game! The next week he was very ordinary! As a leader, he doesn’t do it for me! Struggle to keep his spot imo!

Its the elephant in the room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back