Player Watch Mason Cox

The jouneyman

Team Captain
Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
He never played junior footy so the likely hood of him becoming AFL star is very unlikely,so memo to all clubs stop recruiting players from overseas,that have never played the game before,it's a waste of money

Jul 14, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Colts, UVA, Anaheim Ducks
Blame the forward fir not being a miracle worker because we can’t blame the sh*t game plan!

Jeremy Cameron wouldn’t kick goals in Collingwood’s forward line. It’s probably why Lynch was never going to realistically come here.
Come on mate hes a ruckman aswell and he still cant get his hands on the pill.

stop defending him

chop_me

Club Legend
May 8, 2007
Hong Kong
AFL Club
Collingwood
Given the conditions, why did we play him in the first place?

Bad game but surely the bucks stop with the guy who decide to play him tonight?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

May 29, 2016
Tasmania
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Tasmania Devils
I’m sorry to say this

Mason Cox has been found out and he’s hit the roof with his potential. He’s currently 29 which aren’t young.
He‘s best form was 2018 and yet Cox only averaged 1 goal per game
He’s aggression towards the ball is pathetic
He can’t take a mark to save his life. Grundy is 204cm and he clunks them 60% of the time.
Cox has taken an opportunity from a young lad to achieve his dream of becoming an AFL player to become the first American to play footy which people will remember him for his one trick pony game

Solution?
1. Pump games into Will Kelly or Cameron. This years flag is tainted anyways
2. Get a full forward such as Mitch Lewis or Nick Larkey
3. Go for a smallish forward line or bring in Ben Reid who will at least make a contest

Whats your opinion about Mason Cox

PendlePie

Cancelled
Sep 30, 2007
Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal FC
Had a handful of good games, heavily outweighed by the number of games that he doesn’t compete in.

To all the fanboys - we don’t expect 3 goals a week. We expect him to compete. And he doesn’t do it 90% of the time. And defenders walk the ball out of our forward line as a result.

Our forward line is the worst in the comp, and I wish that was just me overreacting. It’s a special sort of pain seeing this average list make a GF and expect them to maybe improve and get there again.

May 29, 2016
Tasmania
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Tasmania Devils
Had a handful of good games, heavily outweighed by the number of games that he doesn’t compete in.

To all the fanboys - we don’t expect 3 goals a week. We expect him to compete. And he doesn’t do it 90% of the time. And defenders walk the ball out of our forward line as a result.

Our forward line is the worst in the comp, and I wish that was just me overreacting.
I don’t agree with our forward line being the worst of the Como, however we were a lot more unpredictable with Cameron in

hellfire

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 21, 2007
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
FC Barcelona
Became the most overrated player in the league because of 3 uncontested marks and 3 goals.
In fairness... He tools 11 or 12 contested marks that night. He was brilliant.

He has done nothing since, and even though he seems like a great bloke, we cannot play him anymore.

Feb 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, Chicago Blackhawks
It's so deflating watching drop so many marks when he's managed to get two hands onto the ball.

I can't imagine how his teammates would feel.

Captain Embubry

Team Captain
Jan 31, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
One trick pony. Lead, mark, kick. Teams have him figured out. Push him under the ball or put someone in front him and he's useless. Time to start putting some time into some actual footballers, the era of trying to turn big athletic dumbarses has passed. Play Will Kelly ffs

Go Woods

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think it is, if we'd landed Tom Lynch a year ago it would of ended then....no way Pies extend him beyond this year, unless a miracle occurs, which it won't.

Back