Preview Round V: Dees vs the lethargic Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

If nothing else, at least there will actually be a bit of continuity in the squad for the first time in 18 months ... of course there is still the glaring issue that we're continuing without players that 100% should be in the team, but when you select your team via chook raffle every week, that's what you get I suppose.
Lucky we didn't win last week otherwise continuity would have gone out the windows as 5 players would have been dropped

This is starting to feel Neeldesk, only difference is Goodwin has better players to drop

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Whilst I don’t necessarily agree with the selected 22 I don’t mind consistency in selection. Can’t just go throwing 4-5 changes a week. Tigers keep swinging the changes. Probably just unsettled them more if anything.
I’ve tipped the tigers and expect they’ll win. The media basically saying this week will just be them settling the ship. Interesting to see if they think it’ll just click or if they’ll come out with a bang.
Hannan and AVB definitely better for the run. Lockhart hopefully a bit more settled in the back half to. I think we’re a sniff to be honest. Just not confident enough to tip us.

CTHORANGE

Premiership Player
May 7, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
These selections are absolutely ridiculous. Our coach is a dead set moron but no one that matters can see it. I haven't despaired this much about the club for a long time. It was one thing to expect to lose with a pathetic list, but this list is good, yet morons continue to teach them some ridiculous game plan and pick the wrong players. Honestly it's not rocket science - pick your best players and play to your strengths (that means keeping it simple, pressure, attack, and lower your eyes and pick your targets).

Yes and it seems Goodwin is hell bent on not letting guys play to their strengths. I get in a rebuilding phase we might throw players around and give them other challenges, but we were meant to be a finals contender for the next five years or so and knocking on the door of flag if we got lucky enough.

So this is the period the players should be settled in their roles and playing to their maximum strengths. But we still see so many players being played out of position or moved around or in and out of the team, no wonder they've all lost confidence. With all this learnings talk, it appears the club has yet again accepted it is in the bottom 4, incredible, or more aptly, typical.

I just don't want it to be true, but yeh he's in his fifth season and he can't get a game in a poor team in a write off year when we have only one key forward playing who is woefully out of form

Hopefully some team still remembers his 2018 finals games come trade time and we get something silly like a second round pick.

I'd happily take a fourth for him right now though.

I hope we do trade weid and he has a successful career while proving how incompetent our forward structure and coaching is.

He won't, not enough mongrel in him to want to prove people wrong. He's too timid. If you want to be a quality KPF you need some arrogance and selfishness in your personality imo. Weid has neither.

Weid is just sh*t. Nothing more to his career than a two game finals fluke.
He is a leaper and a lunger who like to run towards the ball, but we are determined to kick it over his and every other players head In a congested forward 50.

I would like to see him leading in an open forward 50 with good delivery.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

knackers29

Senior List
Jun 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
He is a leaper and a lunger who like to run towards the ball, but we are determined to kick it over his and every other players head In a congested forward 50.

I would like to see him leading in an open forward 50 with good delivery.
Well you certainly won't see that unless it's at another club..

Apr 1, 2018
AFL Club
Tasmania
Weid is just sh*t. Nothing more to his career than a two game finals fluke.
I want to see him in the side for a solid block - 4 weeks. If he does nothing, happy to trade him and wish him the best. Park him at full forward, give him space, no rucking, and see how he goes. I think the guy has potential, but we have Melbourned him too much.

May 3, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hopefully some team still remembers his 2018 finals games come trade time and we get something silly like a second round pick.

I'd happily take a fourth for him right now though.

Brisbane got picks 25 & 40 for Josh Schache who was admittedly younger than Weid but showed less as a player & is hardly known for asserting himself on the game so we should get more than a 4th rounder. Then again if we don't play him at all I guess we would completely devalue him.

Brisbane got picks 25 & 40 for Josh Schache who was admittedly younger than Weid but showed less as a player & is hardly known for asserting himself on the game so we should get more than a 4th rounder. Then again if we don't play him at all I guess we would completely devalue him.

I would expect to see him get some games once we are "mathematically" out of finals contention to try and pump up his value towards the end of the year.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Petracca named at FF, surely he doesn't actually play there this week? :think:
While Topkent is right, positions players are named is largely irrelevant short of the extended bench for Sunday games, but given Petracca spent a bit of time as the deepest forward after TMac got crunched last week, and our forward line looked a whole lot better as a result, it's probably not particularly unthinkable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back