Greyhound Racing

Remove this Banner Ad

Race 7 at Shepparton lived up to the hype. A dead heat for first.

The three favourites on BF all traded at about $3 on BF. The remaining three Dogs in the race were all at $100+. The three favourites absolutely smoked them.

My favourite dog to watch is racing in R5 at Albion Park tonight. Frieda Las Vegas.
Im taking the $2.25 on offer at SB. It might be the best 600M greyhound in the country right now.

Its notorious for hitting the line at 520M with blistering speed, at its first try at 600M 3 starts ago it ran a 34.65, which is only 0.1 seconds off the track record. Dogs usually only improve the 2nd time up in distance. For reference the next fastest PB in the race is 7 lengths off that time. The only danger is the dog out of box 3, who has strong times over 520M that stack up but its 1st try at the distance is a query and on replays it just doesn't finish races with the intensity of Frieda. The 3 dog should lead the race, but Frieda is a different animal when chasing, it just loves to chase dogs down and I forecast it to steam home here over the last 100M and win.

**Don't bet too hard on this if you tail, if I had to price the market myself id probably have it around $1.80, so its only small value but its a really fun dog to have $$ on, just the way it races. (Yes, degenerate talk).

yuck race.. think I might sign out of greys until footy is finished.

Just noticed this thread. Keen (read: degenerate) greyhound racing enthusiast here. Give me a dog race over a horse race any day :$

Looks a solid Thursday night of racing ahead this evening, headlined by the Albion Park card with strong heats for the Brisbane Cup over 520 and the Queensland Cup over 710 for the stayers. Some gun locals pitted against a typically strong Victorian contingent that have traveled up as they do every year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

* that is a quality race. Huge names in that race. Hooked on Scotch looked phenomenal last start, back to its best form. At current price it looks a great bet imo. The only issue I can see is Black Opium crossing it early (good chance of happening) and from their it could cop some checks. Also Oh Mickey (7) is unbelievable on his night but is inconsistent and doesn’t race well drawn wide.
I’d definitely play HOS at those odds but keeping in mind it’s likely to find trouble from that box & the likely speed map

Pumped for this race tonight. Bit of preview for the big dance in Nov & am all over STH @ the $3.

His main rival Catchy’s going around in a heat at WP sat night R4 for anyone keen to eat up the $1.70. He did a post to post trial last week & broke the track record at his first look.😳

I’ll be doubling both them up for a tad over $5.

1st post on the Greyhounds thread. Have started getting in to it reasonably successfully over the last few weeks. Lets see how we go

1. Yoda I am - Capalaba - Race 3
1 Unit @ $2.60

Update

- 1 unit so far today

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back