Past #17: Jasper Pittard - delisted after 33 NM games/5 NM goals - thanks Jasper

Go_Roos!

Club Legend
May 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
5 game veteran Curtis Taylor and his match hardened body goes back with the flight of the footy and disgracefully doesn’t get called the mark.
Jasper in literally the same spot allowed it to bounce.

It really was a poor game by his standard but to let a kid outshine you via a courageous act would have to hurt.
Outside of being dropped these two plays should be reviewed and replayed time and time again this week. Ones the North way. The other isn’t.

giantroo do you know when these two occurred? Would love to see a side by side vision
Should you stay in a fair dinkum football team if you do this? Would someone like Pagan have tolerated it ?

Should you stay in a fair dinkum football team if you do this? Would someone like Pagan have tolerated it ?
There’s no place to hide on a football field.
And again in terms of personell and credits you can’t drop said player, but 100% Denis would have sent the message.

I don’t want others to get comfortable under Rhyce knowing they can redeem bad performances in the ones because Rhyce will give them a second chance.
This was Brads undoing and cost us every year.
A chance to redeem yourself is fine. Everyone *s up.

If he *s up against Hawthorn and doesn't get dropped that will be his second chance to redeem himself. Personally if he does that he needs a spell.

As Passmore mentioned it's not the chance to redeem yourself or even the second chance that was the problem under Brad. It was the fourth or fifth chance for the second time in half a season.

90% agree there big fella but would do a Pagan and give him one game to atone. He's been a very good warrior so far for us.

He pulls that sh*t 2 weeks in a row though and it's probably time to look at his selection closer.

Pagan would have ensured he wouldn’t have had a second bad game as the bake from his first would still be running through his ears years after

We got him as steak knives, was considered to have average disposal and only one good year, to have got what we have out of him so far I can live with one bad game

Jasper to be close to BOG next round

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Pagan would have ensured he wouldn’t have had a second bad game as the bake from his first would still be running through his ears years after

We got him as steak knives, was considered to have average disposal and only one good year, to have got what we have out of him so far I can live with one bad game

Jasper to be close to BOG next round

Totally agree... he was known to be a little reckless at times coming out of defence and his disposal when we got him.... he had controlled this for much of his time at north just all came back in the one games... hopefully all out for now and can get back to what he has been delivering

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

disco_cowboy

Club Legend
Feb 18, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Horribly out of form. Hope Rhyce tells him to pull his head in.

Massive overstatement. Was awesome last week to be in the right places to intercept and spoil when needed. Had plenty of the footy but skills were off.

Everyone keeps saying he has been horrible the last 2 weeks but I can only see one part of his game that is not where it was last year and given the extended break where players weren't able to train skills easily I am happy to cut him some slack.

Jesus, we love cutting down our own.

Massive overstatement. Was awesome last week to be in the right places to intercept and spoil when needed. Had plenty of the footy but skills were off.

Everyone keeps saying he has been horrible the last 2 weeks but I can only see one part of his game that is not where it was last year and given the extended break where players weren't able to train skills easily I am happy to cut him some slack.

Agree. He made mistakes but kept getting involved and going when it was his turn last week. Had a bad one the week before though.

Roos4eva

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 7, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Western United FC
Definitely had a shocker against Sydney, but came good in the second half (more towards the last quarter) against Hawthorn.

We’re a much better side when he’s in form.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
The Sydney game didn’t suit Jasper. He seemed to be on the back foot all the time. He was fine against Hawthorn.

Didn't start very well, but got in to the groove as the gamer went on.

He gives his all, and I reckon he is better suited to playing on the marking "tweeners" rather than the running "tweeners".

The Marley left out/L-Mac--> Papley, Jasper--> Heeney match up caught him out, because it caught the coach out.

Marley should have taken Papley, with Luke going to Heeney.

Awesome? He butchered the footy. We lost by 4 points. He was good against GWS. Great even. The last fortnight he should be dropped but we dont have the cattle. The season is so even and were making allowances for poor skills under a roof

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He was s**t against the swans, then less s**t against the hawks. Improved throughout the game. Similar start to last season, a bit scratchy but got heaps better as the season wore on. I'm backing him this week to bounce back in a big way

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

disco_cowboy

Club Legend
Feb 18, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Awesome? He butchered the footy. We lost by 4 points. He was good against GWS. Great even. The last fortnight he should be dropped but we dont have the cattle. The season is so even and were making allowances for poor skills under a roof
good players get into a position to get the ball regularly - i hate stats because they don't tell a whole story but he was our 2nd highest in disposals. I understand when you say he butchered it because he def did a few times but he worked hard to get into the right spots constantly. If he didn't work hard he wouldn't have gotten the ball.

good players get into a position to get the ball regularly - i hate stats because they don't tell a whole story but he was our 2nd highest in disposals. I understand when you say he butchered it because he def did a few times but he worked hard to get into the right spots constantly. If he didn't work hard he wouldn't have gotten the ball.
I know the goodwill for him comes from an honest place but he is 100% down on confidence and form and tonight again showed it. 3 weeks running now. I got hounded down during the week and I was harsh but why would I be happy to see him so horribly out of form? Brings me no joy at all.
He’s not the biggest problem in the team now but he is apart of it.
We cannot afford to have average kicks at half back. It’s killing us and the modern game is played between the arcs. Between him and Williams and Atley and MacMillan and McDonald when he’s down there it is scary to think of the use we have in defensive fifty.

Tarrant is our best kick and best rebounder. Tarrant.
He can’t do it all ffs

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
I know the goodwill for him comes from an honest place but he is 100% down on confidence and form and tonight again showed it. 3 weeks running now. He’s not the biggest problem in the team now but he is apart of it.
We cannot afford to have average kicks at half back. It’s killing us and the modern game is played between the arcs. Between him and Williams and Atley and MacMillan and McDonald when he’s down there it is scary.
To think Tarrant is our best kick and best rebounder.
He can’t do it all ffs

The opposition have the absolute luxury knowing that they have to put zero work into our defence.

Back