Past #17: Jasper Pittard - delisted after 33 NM games/5 NM goals - thanks Jasper

The opposition have the absolute luxury knowing that they have to put zero work into our defence.
The slightest inkling of perceived pressure and you can bet your money we will choke and fumble our way to a turnover.
You would just love to be a forward playing us right now.
Tippingwutti, Townsend, Smith, Costagna, Bolton, Dusty etc will dine in style the next fortnight.

I am dreading watching us play again.
This is some peak 2019 Brad s**t and with our injuries I’m scared it’s going to get worse.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
The slightest inkling of perceived pressure and you can bet your money we will choke and fumble our way to a turnover.
Tippingwutti, Townsend, Smith, Costagna, Bolton, Dusty etc will dine in style the next fortnight.

This is some peak 2019 Brad sh*t and with our injuries I’m scared it’s going to get worse.

Maybe it has to get worse so it can get better.

showusyacunningt

Premiership Player
Aug 17, 2010
doghouse
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Haleing goals
He's a tweener. Can't really play on true smalls or true talls. He's got to be super dependable by hand and foot to have a place in the team. Not writing him off yet, I'd cast off others before him.

Maybe it has to get worse so it can get better.
Rather than lucking out and finishing in the 8 if 2020 means we start over then I’m all for it now.
2-5 at round 7 is season over play the kids stuff and the lower the draft pick the better.

Has been utter garbage the last three weeks, but I haven’t lost total faith.

Others in that defence need to be dumped first, so he gets a reprieve.
I think he definitely has value as defensive cover for McDonald and Marley, which is what he was doing at Port.
But to be the architect and first string banana he doesn’t cut it.
The whole defensive unit is just not operating at all.
We are relying on Herculean efforts from Tarrant to stay in games and he’s surrounded by panic merchants.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
I think he definitely has value as defensive cover for McDonald and Marley, which is what he was doing at Port.
We are relying on Herculean efforts from Tarrant to stay in games and he’s surrounded by panic merchants.

Tarrant must leave every game with a migraine.

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
100% correct.

Pittard is better with better players around him. He is a role player. Unfortunately he is trying to be more than that at the moment because of the s**t around him like Atley and MacMillan.

At least Pittard tries to create. The other two are too busy running around like a chook with its head cut off.

Tarrant must leave every game with a migraine.
We let him down as Captain tonight. Just had no support at all. That shows just where the mentality is at the club at the moment. If you can’t get yourself up and play for your FB who gets killed each week for the jumper then for who do you play for?
100% correct.

Pittard is better with better players around him. He is a role player. Unfortunately he is trying to be more than that at the moment because of the sh*t around him like Atley and MacMillan.

At least Pittard tries to create. The other two are too busy running around like a chook with its head cut off.
It’s the biggest weakness about the list. Just above small and medium pressure forwards. As usual our recruiter and list managers are years behind the rest of the league.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
We let him down as Captain tonight. Just had no support at all. That shows just where the mentality is at the club at the moment. If you can’t get yourself up and play for your FB who gets killed each week for the jumper then for who do you play for?

It’s the biggest weakness about the list. Just above small and medium pressure forwards. As usual our recruiter and list managers are years behind the rest of the league.

We’re working off a list put together a few years ago. We need to give the current regime a bit of time.

We’re working off a list put together a few years ago. We need to give the current regime a bit of time.
Yep. Agreed. Rhyce and Brady deserve time to get it right. List is appalling.

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’m interested to see whether Shaw makes a statement on what I believe was an inexcusable performance.

For all the accolades and plaudits dished out last Sunday I can’t see how it’s acceptable for a half back flanker to have a disposal efficiency of 52%.

No one else on the ground was that poor. You cannot be butchering the ball like that and especially coming out of defence.

The credits in the bank mantra is bullshit. On watching the replay Pittard did such a poor job on Heeney that Rhyce may have had no choice but to play Hayden on him. Im hoping Shaw makes an example and drops him, even for one game so the players start to know this is the North standard. We won’t get anywhere if we continue to accept crap.

Pittards turnovers cost us the game without a doubt and when the margin ended up being 9 points, it’s losses like these that have time and time again proven costly.

Set the standard Rhyce. One game out and then back in. Not good enough.
Massive overstatement. Was awesome last week to be in the right places to intercept and spoil when needed. Had plenty of the footy but skills were off.

Everyone keeps saying he has been horrible the last 2 weeks but I can only see one part of his game that is not where it was last year and given the extended break where players weren't able to train skills easily I am happy to cut him some slack.

Jesus, we love cutting down our own.

This is some peak 2019 Brad sh*t and with our injuries I’m scared it’s going to get worse.
I called it four weeks ago and yet four losses later here we are.
I don’t care how many injuries we have you can’t reward poor performances and we’ve notched up a winless month of footy with Richmond to come.
5 losses in a row is pathetic and I hope we have an easier opponent in round 8, but the use coming out of the backline is killing us and needs to change.

Has become a part of a dysfunctional back 6.

At the moment it’s a case of who goes first?

The order I have them in is McMillan, Atley, Pittard and Williams. The first two should be for the rest of the season.

I'd have Williams out before Pittard, and the other two equal first. Marley has always had disposal issues, but he's also now making poor decisions. He's really out of form. I suppose it's related to the fact that the 2 week suspension kept him out for two months.

I called it four weeks ago and yet four losses later here we are.
I don’t care how many injuries we have you can’t reward poor performances and we’ve notched up a winless month of footy with Richmond to come.
5 losses in a row is pathetic and I hope we have an easier opponent in round 8, but the use coming out of the backline is killing us and needs to change.
Others called it 4 years ago. He’s a butcher, always has been, always will be.

Back