The Elephant in the Room.

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t tell me the elephant wrangler got the chop with all these COVID lay offs! Ron Casey would be turning in his grave
It’s beyond me why the Elephant never lined up on the half Forward Flank for North. Would’ve put the fear of Satan into opposition defenders. :stern look

So, there's that...
Yeah we need a rebuild because under Mr Sports Sciences' watch, he managed to destroy the development of a number of our players. Sadly many of them have been Scotted. :stern look

Reason for Edit. The Chinese Government decided I needed to have a comma in my post. :stern look

Last edited:
Yeah we need a rebuild because under Mr Sports Sciences' watch he managed to destroy the development of a number of our players. Sadly many of them have been Scotted. :stern look
I have no issue with the idea of a rebuild. I did have an issue with the s**t campaigner that destroyed most of the talent that walked in the door being in charge of that rebuild.

Scott had his chances to blood talent in his 10 years, instead he chose to give games to players that were only ever going to be average to poor because of the date on their birth certificate.

Despite his 12 goal return last year, Sugar Turner brings a pressure to the Forward line that locks the ball in as opposed to the free flowing rebounding out that is presently occurring

Yep with Turner in the side we’d be 5 zip Gaso.

Probably on the back of his booming 35 metre kicks, his 9 disposals and .7 goals a game. Yes he brings pressure , you also need to impact the game though in other areas .

Turner ain’t the answer either . Our last premiership small fwd was Winnie. Love Kane’s endeavour though 👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably on the back of his booming 35 metre kicks, his 9 disposals and .7 goals a game. Yes he brings pressure , you also need to impact the game though in other areas .

Turner ain’t the answer either . Our last premiership small fwd was Winnie. Love Kane’s endeavour though 👍

I detect a tad bit of sarcasm here

I think it’s looking like a herd of elephants .Not the most nimble of creatures .
We have filled our boots with cast offs , having a couple is ok....

Pittard, Polec, Anderson, Campbell, Tyson, Walker, Ahern, Bonar, Williams, Hall and Higgins .

Notvsaying all were a mistake of course , just how many I wonder were of interest to other clubs ?

I’d only keep 3 of them FYI .

Opposition half backs must look forward to playing us. They can waltz out of defence with minimal pressure. I don't rate Turner that highly but he will walk back into the team and we'll be better for it.

Atley
McMillan
Turner
Williams
Ahern
Wood
Jacobs
Durdin
Garner
Tyson
Campbell
Hall

Economics aside, I'd be offloading all these guys if I was Brady come seasons end.

We need skilled, driven, nimble footballers who can deliver the ball to the chest of a teammate and have the constitution to withstand the rigours of the modern game.

None of the above fill that requirement.

It's a ruthless, callous call to some extent, but to get to where we want to be as a club we need to change it up from what we've seen over the last 20 years.

I'm done with it.

Atley
McMillan
Turner
Williams
Ahern
Wood
Jacobs
Durdin
Garner
Tyson
Campbell
Hall

Economics aside, I'd be offloading all these guys if I was Brady come seasons end.

We need skilled, driven, nimble footballers who can deliver the ball to the chest of a teammate and have the constitution to withstand the rigours of the modern game.

It's a ruthless, callous call to some extent, but to get to where we want to be as a club we need to change it up from what we've seen over the last 20 years.

I'm done with it.
Sadly most of those will be gone. Shows up where we are at.
I'd keep Durdin and Turner for now. Maybe Ahern and Atley. At a pinch Williams.

Atley
McMillan
Turner
Williams
Ahern
Wood
Jacobs
Durdin
Garner
Tyson
Campbell
Hall

I'm done with it.
Atley
Hall
Tyson
Campbell

Are all contracted for next year.

Given the current economic climate I simply do not see us having the ability to pay players out.

So this then means that those spots blokes are safe regardless of anything just about anything.

If they cut list sizes it'll compound the problem somewhat because who we cut may be someone uncontracted that we'd prefer not to but we'll be hamstrung by the Scott Joyce over contract legacy.

I hope I'm wrong and that if push comes to shove we wind up with the cap space to accommodate youth over some of these types.

Atley
Hall
Tyson
Campbell

Are all contracted for next year.

Given the current economic climate I simply do not see us having the ability to pay players out.

So this then means that those spots blokes are safe regardless of anything just about anything.

If they cut list sizes it'll compound the problem somewhat because who we cut may be someone uncontracted that we'd prefer not to but we'll be hamstrung by the Scott Joyce over contract legacy.

I hope I'm wrong and that if push comes to shove we wind up with the cap space to accommodate youth over some of these types.
Yeah I was aware of their contract situations and am speaking from a purely footballing/perfect world pov, hence the caveat "economics aside".

At some point in time, maybe not today, this club is going to have to swallow a pretty hard hit and chop these obvious personell deficiencies.

The sooner we can take our medicine, the sooner we get some positive results where it counts.

I think it’s looking like a herd of elephants .Not the most nimble of creatures .
We have filled our boots with cast offs , having a couple is ok....

Pittard, Polec, Anderson, Campbell, Tyson, Walker, Ahern, Bonar, Williams, Hall and Higgins .

Notvsaying all were a mistake of course , just how many I wonder were of interest to other clubs ?

I’d only keep 3 of them FYI .

Higgins and Polec...who’s the third?

Higgins and Polec...who’s the third?

Really Micky.You tryin' to get me in trouble?

Bonar. Yeah Walker played ok and kick a goal as a forward, which I know is a tremendous result for us. He's done that in the past and then goes missing for weeks.

He aint the answer, although again what was the question.

Higgo, Polec and Bonar, get rid of the rest.

Really Micky.You tryin' to get me in trouble?

Bonar. Yeah Walker played ok and kick a goal as a forward, which I know is a tremendous result for us. He's done that in the past and then goes missing for weeks.

He aint the answer, although again what was the question.

Higgo, Polec and Bonar, get rid of the rest.

You don’t need my help, old boy....

Yeah, I’d keep Walker. At worst he’s decent cover at either end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back