Autopsy Roos lose to the Dogs - Round 5, 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

We're not going to achieve anything aside from (at best) another middle-of-the-ladder finish. I reckon Shaw should just treat the rest of this compromised season like a pre-season - try a new gameplan, use the matches for players to learn it, get everyone with niggles to just rest rather than play through them, try new players or play anyone who looks like they can still contribute in a different position (i.e. lmac as a tagger, xerri as a ruck maybe).

Sure, we'd get spanked a lot, but i'd prefer that than persisting with the same setups player and gameplan wise that delivered us a 49 point loss to a younger team that won a premiership 4 years ago, and coming off the back of two other games where, for the majority of them, none of what we had worked

Shaw has spoke about defensive grit and hardness and all that. I'd love a focus on skill and football talent.
This. I said it in the GD thread, but there's no point focusing on toughness and physicality, if our skills are dog s**t and we can't kick a score.

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I wasn't convinced on Shaw when he was appointed, and I'm less than convinced now over 12 months later. He seems out of his depth, with poor selection choices, being out coached now 3 weeks in a row, and clearly not focusing on skills at training.

I wanted Teague, he's a good operator, and makes sense when he talks.

The only solace I can gain from all of this is that, despite three horrendous weeks, we sit at 2-3. Right now, it feels like 0-5. Winning the first 2 games was a saving grace. Also, we have the returns of Maj, Walker, LDU and Larkey to look forward to. Well, at least, I’m trying. 🤣 - Well done LMac.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

No doubt they will just swap Ziebell for Cunnington and the benny hill music will continue...

Yeah I know, hence he couldn't post and use his incredible powers and knowledge to save our boys.
I knew it felt a bit more civil in here than usual

It’s pretty quiet and samely in here though, feck it, if we all had the same opinions it would be boring and even more depressing.
Feck it, let’s roll the selection dice

Then rinse/repeat.

Yep it was rinse and repeat. I ended up turning the tv off 1/2 way through the last 1/4 after some of the insipid behaviours. I had to shake my head when the Doggies seemed to not only move the ball quickly down the ground, but also hit their own players on the chest when they passed the ball. Us on the other hand if we had possession of the ball, we slowed things down which allowed the Doggies to flood back, we then kicked to a contest which we 9 times of 10 would lose. If we didn't kick to a contest but attempted to kick to a free North player, we missed him and hit a Doggies player on the chest!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I wasn't convinced on Shaw when he was appointed, and I'm less than convinced now over 12 months later. He seems out of his depth, with poor selection choices, being out coached now 3 weeks in a row, and clearly not focusing on skills at training.

10 years of Scotts and Joyces has got you Rodney, hell, its got all of us..

Have faith mate I reckon (and hope) we’ve got a great one, time will tell once he’s had a couple of years to run it his way.

Maybe Higgins should start playing off hbf to give us good use

and allowthe younger inside mids to play

Jy was superb in the first half last night. However, it’s going to take time for him to be able to sustain his performance for three quarters +. Are we prepared to live with the floggings that will likely ensue if we load up on young mids? We’ll likely be competitive for first halves and get steamrolled after that. I’m not necessarily saying it’s the wrong way to go, but... Carlton comes to mind.

Where’s Snakebaker with his know it all self entitled analysis? Honestly, anyone reading this board that doesn’t realise this man is insane has issues

Writing a 200 word essay on how every one of the 8 goals we lost by can be attributed to being 'crucified' by the umpires.

He can't even fall back on Ahern yesterday.

You were not the only one who thought we jumped the gun a bit there but hey, it’s only season 1, still a long way to go, plenty of time to turn things around and also a pretty unique season
Think most teams will have short form runs and this (unfortunately) is our time to suck, the draw might open up for us to turn it around in the next few weeks

Found Snake’s alternate account.

In all honesty tho, how tf do you even draw that conclusion? He asked where Snake was, he didn’t say anything about blaming him for the loss. Where did you even get that from.

Fair enough. Seemed clear as day to me, though, tf.

#SackShaws

Writing a 200 word essay on how every one of the 8 goals we lost by can be attributed to being 'crucified' by the umpires.

He can't even fall back on Ahern yesterday.
I'm interested in a sermon about how players don't develop by playing AFL games they're just "ready when they're ready".

10 years of Scotts and Joyces has got you Rodney, hell, its got all of us..
It's beyond the 10 years of Brad, it goes back to the 8 years of Laids as well. We've not had any success as a club since we decided to squeeze Denis out.
Have faith mate I reckon (and hope) we’ve got a great one, time will tell once he’s had a couple of years to run it his way.
See, I reckon he's been slow to make the hard calls. He coached this team for 12 games last year, that should have been enough time for him to realise that blokes like JMac, Ats, etc, are average footballers who are not going to take this team forward. They are not going to be part of our next flag.
Why did we have to waste another season to realise what was already evident?

If the stories about Rawlings saying our list is s**t and needs a total overhaul are correct, I have far more faith in him. I think generally speaking, list managers are more important than coaches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back