Votes: 9 4.2%
  • Nathan Broad

Votes: 21 9.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
TOP RICHMOND DRAFT PICK IMPRESSES IN SCRATCH MATCH LOSS BY SEN

Melbourne have defeated Richmond in a scratch match at Punt Road Oval on Sunday afternoon.

Both sides will face each other at the MCG later in the day but before then, players from both sides who weren’t picked were given a final hit out before heading in their respective interstate hubs on Monday.

The Dees trailed at quarter time but proved too strong against Richmond, prevailing 12.8 (80) to 8.7 (55).

Oleg Markov and Callum Coleman-Jones both kicked multiple goals for Richmond.

Thomson Dow, who was taken with pick 21 in the 2019 draft, was also one of Richmond’s best in a losing side.

The Tigers are off to Queensland for the rest of July, while the Demons will join Hawthorn in a New South Wales hub next week.

Full time: Richmond 8.7 (55) defeated by Melbourne 12.8 (80).
Dow, Eggmolesse-Smith, Bolton and Pickett among the Tigers' best.
Goalkickers: Markov (2), Coleman-Jones (2), Soldo (1), Naish (1), Ralphsmith (1), Dow (1)

Last edited:
We can do this, we’ll look back at this game and the injuries as the catalyst for number 13. Huge outs but I’m looking at the potential ins and am very comfortable we’ll adequately cover the outs.

lambert bog
balta
Aarts
Chol were all great. Higgins became a really important player the longer the game went on.
overall felt like we turned the corner - structure only broke down a few times, pressure and energy were much better, skills still off with a lot of seriously dumb errors but we’re moving in the right direction.

over the next several weeks massive opportunity for Soldo, Chol, CCJ, Pickett, Stack, Dow and RCD to cement themselves in our best 22.
You forgot Ross

If they insert a pin in Lynch's finger he may play.

Not sure who they will bring in, but reckon they give CCJ a crack if Lynch doesn't play. Chol and CCJ would be a good combo.
He ll ruddy well play , heck I broke my toe once chasing my bro around the kitchen and played tennis next day , could barely walk or get my shoe on, felt like a grand piano had been dropped on my foot but my old man always said you don’t give up that easily. Think I lost in straight sets but gee I’m glad I got out there that day

In: CCJ, RCD, Pickett, Bolton, Egg/Stack
Out: Nank, Cotchin, Prestia, Edwards, Houli

Hopefully Prestia and Nank aren't long term injuries. Prestia, Edwards and Houli we all pretty poor since the restart anyway.

We can beat the swans.
Reckon Dow is a certain in if he’s fit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon we had the balance just right yesterday until injuries struck. But we need to keep playing 2 rucks because with Cotchin and Meatball out we need protection for our 2nd choice midfield. Ross, Graham, Pickett will be getting games. Don't know what to do with Stack? Only request to Dimma is don't play him in the backline! And somehow we need to keep Dusty on the park the next 4 weeks. Can't afford to wear him out. Whatever happens it's gonna be a hellava ride.

TOP RICHMOND DRAFT PICK IMPRESSES IN SCRATCH MATCH LOSS BY SEN

Melbourne have defeated Richmond in a scratch match at Punt Road Oval on Sunday afternoon.

Both sides will face each other at the MCG later in the day but before then, players from both sides who weren’t picked were given a final hit out before heading in their respective interstate hubs on Monday.

The Dees trailed at quarter time but proved too strong against Richmond, prevailing 12.8 (80) to 8.7 (55).

Oleg Markov and Callum Coleman-Jones both kicked multiple goals for Richmond.

Thomson Dow, who was taken with pick 21 in the 2019 draft, was also one of Richmond’s best in a losing side.

The Tigers are off to Queensland for the rest of July, while the Demons will join Hawthorn in a New South Wales hub next week.

Full time: Richmond 8.7 (55) defeated by Melbourne 12.8 (80).
Dow, Eggmolesse-Smith, Bolton and Pickett among the Tigers' best.
Goalkickers: Markov (2), Coleman-Jones (2), Soldo (1), Naish (1), Ralphsmith (1), Dow (1)
I hope our whole list is flying out of Melbourne. And a question: can players,who are returning from injury, or new dads join the hub in 2 or 3 weeks time?

We've got the comp right where we want it. Dimma will have us scaling mountains again with backs to the wall. Best.
Which mountain this year though? Can't go overseas. I don't think the couple of k gravel path to the top of Mt Kozcisusko has quite the same impact as Mt Everest or K2.

He ll ruddy well play , heck I broke my toe once chasing my bro around the kitchen and played tennis next day , could barely walk or get my shoe on, felt like a grand piano had been dropped on my foot but my old man always said you don’t give up that easily. Think I lost in straight sets but gee I’m glad I got out there that day
Moral of that story is you couldn’t perform and lost in straight sets.

Those injuries may be the only reason KMac remains in the side over the next few games. Apart from his little chip kick that set up one of our goals, I thought he looked completely out of his depth at this level. The look on Hardwick's face when he long bombed a ball out on the full for the Dees to goal on the rebound was priceless. Baker had a terrible start but improved as the game went on. Ended up serviceable rather than solid. Balta, Aarts and Chol were good. Also Jack R and Dusty, while not dominating, did good grunt work for the entire game.

Sydney looked seriously ordinary and I think this is the opportunity to trial CCJ and Naish. Big Ivan might come back it for Nank as Sydney don't seem overly blessed with ruck strength. Also good that we are playing them on a bigger neutral ground rather than that postage stamp sized SCG. As for injuries, it is what it is. Now we'll see the quality of our depth and how good the coaching is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back