The "fix" ture - will North cop the double barrel?

The other thing to keep in mind is that Gladystasia (I can't tell them 2 apart) said that of the 6 Victorian teams heading up to Queensland, only 4 are basing themselves on the Gold Coast. The other 2 are heading to the Sunshine Coast.

What relevance this has, I'm not quite certain... But it should be kept in mind. :think:

What I do know as I sit here at 3pm in the dark with the temperature at 8 degrees, is that our players will at least get to use their sunnies. :cool: :blacksunrays:

Last edited:

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
Tassie aren't opening their doors until July 24. Hopefully we'll get a hub sometime in August-September.
We'll have 2 home games and five away games by the time this batch is done. Which definitely means the AFL is saving our home games for a possible Tasmanian hub.

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
Surprised the AFL are sticking with the 'Round' structure - maybe that's changing after Round 7. I'd be looking at condensing the year - putting on whatever game you can, where you can with some teams having 4 days breaks, others not playing for 10-11 days. It doesn't matter that all sides have played the same amount of games come every Sunday night. Play games through the week. Just get the season done ASAP.
It beggars belief they haven't done this already, to be frank. And particularly with hubs, meaning no travel for some teams for a month at a time. There was always the chance that the season would have to stop for two or three weeks mid-year, and even if teams were playing their sixth game this week instead of their fifth, we'd have been much better placed.

Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Metricon at night isn't great for us, right? If I recall we tend to struggle in those conditions.

Do you notice the length of the grass affecting how well the ball bounces? Yes. The surface at Metricon is a lot spongier, so you have to use a bit more force to bounce the ball, compared to grounds down south where you don’t have to do much and the ball will bounce right back at you.

turfmate.com

received_594396594833456.jpeg

North Melbourne, Western Bulldogs and Carlton will share same resort as Victorian clubs to depart for interstate hubs immediately

Carlton, North Melbourne and the Western Bulldogs will share the Gold Coast Mercure as AFL clubs frantically leave Victoria for hubs in northern states.

Collingwood today flew out of Melbourne for their week-long hub in NSW amid uncertainty about whether Jordan De Goey is allowed to take on Hawthorn on Friday night.

Six Victorian teams will hub in Queensland, with four to be in NSW for a week before the Pies and Geelong fly to Perth after their weekend clashes.

It is understood the Dogs, North Melbourne and Carlton will share different sections of the Gold Coast Mercure.

WHERE YOUR CLUB IS STAYING
Carlton - Gold Coast Mercure
Essendon - Mantra Southport
Hawthorn - Crown Plaza Coogee
Geelong - Pullman Hyde Park
Gold Coast - Novotel Wollongong
St Kilda - RACV Noosa
Richmond - KDV Southport
Western Bulldogs - Gold Coast Mercure

They will be sectioned off into different areas of the rsort but allowed to share a common pool with appropriate social distancing.

St Kilda will stay at the RACV Noosa, Essendon will be at the Mantra Southport and Richmond will be at KDV Southport, a new sports resort.

Essendon and one other club will move into the Royal Pines on July 11 when West Coast and Fremantle go back to Perth after weeks in that hub.

The Dons and Kangaroos will share a flight out of Melbourne into Queensland on Monday.

More than half of the Kangaroos list lives in Victoria’s COVID-19 hot spots, meaning the club will be forced to take one of the largest AFL groups into their Queensland hub.

Already, the club had to move 12 players – including skipper Jack Ziebell – from the suburbs currently under lockdown.

That number has escalated significantly with North Melbourne, Flemington and Kensington added to the State Government’s no-go edict from 11.59 on Saturday, with up to 10 staff also affected.

It is understood North Melbourne recently moved a further three players – Luke McDonald, Taylor Garner and Tom Campbell – from neighbouring zones, making a total of 15 players who have changed addresses.

The Kangaroos were scheduled to leave Melbourne for the Gold Coast at 11.30am on Monday, sharing a plane once more with Essendon, a team they will play at Metricon Stadium on Saturday night.

North plans to take all of its injured players into the hub, with a number of them, including Nick Larkey, Kayne Turner, Garner, Dom Tyson, Ed Vickers Willis, Luke Davies-Uniacke and Majak Daw, nearing AFL returns.

If the injured players and others on the cusp of selection are not allowed to go on what will be a five-week relocation, there are fears their seasons and even careers could be seriously compromised – and their living arrangements also affected.

“It is a logistical nightmare for us, given the fact we have been impacted by the hot spots,” a club spokesman said on Saturday.

“Time is not on our side.

“We can’t sit back and wait as that could mean players are compromised, their seasons are compromised and their careers are potentially compromised if we don’t take them. We are not prepared to do that to those guys.
“One of our values is ‘family’ and we will stick together.”

A phone hook up in recent days with Kangaroos head of football Brady Rawlings saw all 45 players on the club’s list commit to being part of a hub.
The families of eight Kangaroos’ players will be a part of the club’s group, including nine children, with six of the nine under the age of two not adding to the cost.

Hub come at a perfect time for us I reckon

chance to come together regroup and get closer both on and off the field

And we get the bombers and tigers at a good time

this five week hub is a crossroads for our season and I think we may actually come out better than we expect

Hub come at a perfect time for us I reckon

chance to come together regroup and get closer both on and off the field

And we get the bombers and tigers at a good time

this five week hub is a crossroads for our season and I think we may actually come out better than we expect
I agree. If we do this well we will bond and hit our straps together. I get the feeling that is what has been wrong with the boys as well. They are missing their cohesiveness and that is crucial to playing hard contested footy.

Back