Analysis Random NORTH thoughts not worthy of a thread

Oh and we pay a lot to be Gold Members
images (75).jpeg

I’ll always remember it as I had friends from Edmonton Canada staying with us and that’s the game I took them to. Byron was on fire and his long running goal and the subsequent comeback it inspired were the highlights.
I think I turned it off at 3 quarter time when the dogs got two late ones to push the margin out to 20. Thought that would end our run.
Radio on the way home and rode the wave to a famous win.

Footy has changed so much though.
Ryan Harrison was koed by Byron but then returned to the field.
Players on the interchange wore jackets, as they were sparingly used.
So many kicks went straight to the boundary.
And one play that has all but been erased from our game was when the player kicking out took forever to bring the ball back into play. Kingy would give me anxiety as the ump would blow his whistle to hurry him up and the we knew Kingy had to do his stupid little run up to generate distance and it would cost him time.

Simpler times

Its weird how you forget games. I have no recollection of this game...whether I was there or at home
Probably due to highlights and replay for it being MIA
Yep

Off yesterday at 10.30 at Telstra and off 1 hour later

Kayo for next 3 months at $15 a month and then cancel

I am just going to do Winter Sports from there on on Kayo
I’m a gold member with Telstra too.
I got Kayo for free for 3 months though. Had to activate by June 30.
I’m only saving $45 but it’s still a saving

Jared Rivers is on SEN right now. When asked if he’ll be back he said he was phoned three days ago to be told his job has now been made redundant. He was defensive coach. Said he thinks Rhyce himself will oversee the defence given that’s his background.

Went on to say he doesn’t agree with the decision but there’s nothing he can do about it.

Then added “it appears to be about who you know at that club!” None of his footy mates in similar positions at other clubs have been axed. He’s bitter about it.

Said he’s working two jobs, including in the building industry, and trying to sell his house at a difficult time and that he thinks it will be very difficult to find another job within the footy industry given the shrinking of the soft cap.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Jared Rivers is on SEN right now. When asked if he’ll be back he said he was phoned three days ago to be told his job has now been made redundant. He was defensive coach. Said he thinks Rhyce himself will oversee the defence given that’s his background.

Went on to say he doesn’t agree with the decision but there’s nothing he can do about it.

Then added “it appears to be about who you know at that club!” None of his footy mates in similar positions at other clubs have been axed. He’s bitter about it.

Said he’s working two jobs, including in the building industry, and trying to sell his house at a difficult time and that he thinks it will be very difficult to find another job within the footy industry given the shrinking of the soft cap.
It's certainly a s**t situation for the bloke but I'd assume all clubs will be culling staff given the circumstances.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

What's the deal.with Boomer's height? He was 5'8" by the end of his career, but at times measured in the 160s. Did he have a growth spurt? He's not that short, all things considered.

Back