Opinion Vent & Offtopic

Remove this Banner Ad

With the likelihood of the China game experiment over for the immediate future at least And if St Kilda are still looking to sell a home game I hope that Cairns are in the frame for it

It's been a rough week for me personally.

I wanted to take this time to check in and hope everyone on here is doing okay.

:hearts:
Keep your head up BRM you’re much loved around here.

dont feel ashamed to reach out for help if you need. This goes for everyone.

important to look after yourself.

Keep your head up BRM you’re much loved around here.

dont feel ashamed to reach out for help if you need. This goes for everyone.

important to look after yourself.
Much appreciated Mustang.

I'm trying but unfortunately I'm the kind of bloke that this kind of stuff sticks to for awhile so it'll be a slow road back, Hopefully I can though.

I do struggle to ask for help a lot of the time which is usually my downfall but I'd like to think I'm getting better.

Luckily I've got a fantastic array of friends that immediately came to have my back which lights the load.

Hopefully my mentioning this on the board about struggles and your response and even just the people that dropped reacts to show that they've seen it and they care will help someone say something when they're a bit beaten down in life.

Heads up Suns board, There is a new horizon for those of us that need it coming soon.

And those of you that are already at midday then bloody excellent, Ride that wave!

RIP me. Pray for me Haha.

Looks like VIC is going back into lockdown (or metro melb ) is the word going around.

Its for the best though. Need to get a handle on this community transmission, and we're so far gone now; there are no other options.
Good luck!

I am afraid more people will not follow restrictions now than 3 months ago. This could be a normal one in Melbourne from now on. It will be interesting what will happen in 32 days. Will Victoria AFL clubs still come home for 2 weeks when numbers are the same? Could it mean that season would be suspended or terminated? Really hope Victoria can get it under control. However with virus embedded in community now I don't like the chances.

Good luck!

I am afraid more people will not follow restrictions now than 3 months ago. This could be a normal one in Melbourne from now on. It will be interesting what will happen in 32 days. Will Victoria AFL clubs still come home for 2 weeks when numbers are the same? Could it mean that season would be suspended or terminated? Really hope Victoria can get it under control. However with virus embedded in community now I don't like the chances.
Not sure. Think they will come home, and there may be a bye week. Then see what happens from there.

The lockdown helped the first time around. Its the only thing that can help at this point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure. Think they will come home, and there may be a bye week. Then see what happens from there.

The lockdown helped the first time around. Its the only thing that can help at this point.
I hope they will enforce it more. No point to tell people to self-isolate just to find out 10% of them were not home.

RIP me. Pray for me Haha.

Looks like VIC is going back into lockdown (or metro melb ) is the word going around.

Its for the best though. Need to get a handle on this community transmission, and we're so far gone now; there are no other options.
Best of the luck with it all, Jen! It's tough when it directly affects you but as you mentioned it's the right thing to do.

I hope this means we're going to see more posts from you on this sub-forum. I always find your insights interesting and appreciate your contributions on here. After all, you're one of the few who actually got a good look at the boys in training this year!

Best of the luck with it all, Jen! It's tough when it directly affects you but as you mentioned it's the right thing to do.

I hope this means we're going to see more posts from you on this sub-forum. I always find your insights interesting and appreciate your contributions on here. After all, you're one of the few who actually got a good look at the boys in training this year!
I'm always around! :D Cheers, that's very nice of you to say.

Yeah, the lockdown worked in March/April -- even though it felt like about 6 months passed lol But that is the outcome we need to go to again. And I am pretty optimistic we'll get there. One day at a time.

I gotta say I've been a bit pissed off and bitter today.

Bloody richmond raiding the pies AFLW team. One player in particular just real pisses me off. You think a player has been with the team for 4 years since it started, and then once the team starts to get success, she leaves. To Richmond of all teams. Winless last season. I think someone told me she used to be a richmond supporter.

But pies did get a speedy forward from melbourne Demons (Aliesha Newman) so Im hoping she'll be even better than what we are losing.

Anyway... END RANT.

Bloody richmond raiding the pies AFLW team. One player in particular just real pisses me off. You think a player has been with the team for 4 years since it started, and then once the team starts to get success, she leaves. To Richmond of all teams. Winless last season. I think someone told me she used to be a richmond supporter.

But pies did get a speedy forward from melbourne Demons (Aliesha Newman) so Im hoping she'll be even better than what we are losing.

Anyway... END RANT.

Richmond trying to reciprocate the way North Melbourne built their list by the looks of it..

Richmond trying to reciprocate the way North Melbourne built their list by the looks of it..
Yeah, looks like. North was the first to paid my club lol No surprise Richmond are trying to do the same thing. Rather than do what the suns and Saints did, trade some players in but hit the draft.

Driving to the footy for the first since we began. What's people's thoughts on the best parking spot?
Can you park in the Emerald Lakes GC without restriction? Last week l went down Emerald Lakes Drive. Any closer spots?
Thanks in advance.

Driving to the footy for the first since we began. What's people's thoughts on the best parking spot?
Can you park in the Emerald Lakes GC without restriction? Last week l went down Emerald Lakes Drive. Any closer spots?
Thanks in advance.
Golf club sometimes charge , no restrictions.
Blue car park $10 opposite ground

Thanks in advance.
You could just pay the $10 and do the Blue Carpark.
Otherwise yes, Emmanuel College/Emerald Lakes and next closest is Chisholm Rd past the Red Rooster /7-11

Anyway... END RANT.
Brisbane felt it last year too.

Very off topic, but I’m bringing the family to the Gold Coast in May. Couldn’t wait for the fixture (which may be a rolling fixture anyway) Jetstar had a sale and I knew we were coming... assuming all goes well and borders are open between SA and QLD.
The place we usually rent at Q1, the owner has sold. Just checking suggestions if anyone knew any places that weren’t dives that still wouldn’t break the bank. Under 1k for 6 nights, 2 bedrooms, separate living. Surfers or Broadbeach.
Plenty out there in the budget but don’t want to end up in a dunga

Very off topic, but I’m bringing the family to the Gold Coast in May. Couldn’t wait for the fixture (which may be a rolling fixture anyway) Jetstar had a sale and I knew we were coming... assuming all goes well and borders are open between SA and QLD.
The place we usually rent at Q1, the owner has sold. Just checking suggestions if anyone knew any places that weren’t dives that still wouldn’t break the bank. Under 1k for 6 nights, 2 bedrooms, separate living. Surfers or Broadbeach.
Plenty out there in the budget but don’t want to end up in a dunga

Air BnB might be your friend?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back