Reid - "Crows in middle of a 4 year rebuild."

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
More lies and bullshit from these clowns.

If we were in the middle of a rebuild, we would've traded aggressively and hit the SA loaded Super Draft - instead, most of the players we've traded are those who desperately wanted out... And we traded in a 30 year old, within view of the 4 year rebuilding window?

What a load of s**t.

Kane is a massive tool, but he's right in this case;

“They’re not halfway through a rebuild, they’re at the start line of a rebuild that could take four to five years.”

I know Kane's not very smart, but he should have listened when someone read the article to him.

Reid didn't say we were in the middle of a rebuild, the journo did. Here are JR's comments relating to it:

“At the end of the last two years we were 22-22 (win/loss record) and probably not getting better, so therefore from a list strategy point of view the best way (forward) is to get games into the kids...."

“So that is a focus where you need to get 60-80 games into your core group as quick as you can, and from a draft point of view there is certainly a bit of work we’ve put into it over the last couple of years.

“Certainly, the ‘18, ‘19 draft and what we do in ‘20, ‘21, a lot of the clubs when they look to rejuvenate or rebuild they do it over a three to four year draft period, because what you’re looking at is getting games into those players where you get some cohesion and they learn their craft by playing at the highest level.

He mentions the 18 and 19 drafts rightly we got some good high picks there, but also says you need 60-80 games into these kids which will take another 3 to 4 years to achieve.

Wait, so he names a 4 year period, in reference to a 4 year rebuild, and says we're in the middle of that 4 year period...

But that isn't what he meant?
Wait, so he names younger players in reference to a 4 year rebuild and says he needs to get 80 games (i.e. 4 years) into them.

But that isn't that what he meant?

He also mentions that we are 22 and 22 after the last 2 years and the best way forward is to get games into the kids...

OMG, so confusing!

I think Kane doesn't have enough to do and is taking things too literally...it's like he a 7 year old who starts counting when their parent says "I'll be there in a minute"

Ok. Alright. We are gonna – we’re gonna go out there during this pre season and we are gonna come back with a plan. We’re gonna come back with a plan for you. It’s a 45 day plan. 45 days to get us back on track. 45 points. It’s a 45 day/45 point. One point per day. We get the 45 points we are back in business!

Wait, so he names younger players in reference to a 4 year rebuild and says he needs to get 80 games (i.e. 4 years) into them.

But that isn't that what he meant?

Wait, so he names a 4 year period, in reference to a 4 year rebuild, and says we're in the middle of that 4 year period...

I'm confused an I haven't it read the article

I think he's saying you need 4 years of good draft talent as the foundation. We're halfway through that component. The rebuild starts when you cease playing injured seniors and dropping talent like McAsey after only 3 games becsuse he's 'cooked' and replacing him with Hartigan. We're not rebuilding yet, we swapped development on Sunday to chase the most meaningless of wins.

We can't claim to be halfway through a rebuild, because we refused to play the kids last year. Rebuilding is about playing and developing players, not just draft picks.

I think he's saying you need 4 years of good draft talent as the foundation. We're halfway through that component. The rebuild starts when you cease playing injured seniors and dropping talent like McAsey after only 3 games becsuse he's 'cooked' and replacing him with Hartigan. We're not rebuilding yet, we swapped development on Sunday to chase the most meaningless of wins.

If we're viewing the last 2 drafts as a massive success in terms of a rebuild, when we didn't approach them with any strategic intent, then he's even more of a dickbrain than it appears.

If we're viewing the last 2 drafts as a massive success in terms of a rebuild, when we didn't approach them with any strategic intent, then he's even more of a dickbrain than it appears.

he's not responsible for talent ID. The LM committee might request a certain type if there's not much difference between a couple of players. But I reckon first round is still talent first, specifics second. We know that Fagan is on record for getting the "just do it" credit that comes with Gibbs and there was talk that Pyke demanded speed when we picked Gooch. Gallagher from Saints said that we'd have needed our existing two firsts plus another to get their super draft pick. I'm not convinced it would have been the right decision. Seeing a similarity in talent last year and trading down and getting an extra first rounder was shrewd. Unlucky this year with lessened exposure, but if they think there's enough and they trade out 1 or 2 of Sloane, Smith, Laird, Crouch x 2 for a decent pick or strong upgrade, then I think they're going all right in terms of getting draft talent in.

After thst it's fingers crossed on talent ID and the club turning its football philosophy and culture on its head and employing something that resembles an AFL quality coaching group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port will undertake their rebuild very shortly too.

Footy in our state is going to be a pathetic spectacle for years.
Yep, they have nearly half of their best 22 around 29 years old and some well over. They do have some decent younger players coming through already though. And they have a pretty s**t draft hand this year, although there a few F/S coming through in next couple of years

Even if he did say that we're "in the middle of a 4 year rebuild" are we really so pedantic to assume that means we're exactly half way through a process? "In the middle of" something is such a common idiom.
Exactly...and then to write a bloody article about it?

Talk about a witch hunt! Seriously Kane, write a decent article

The scary thing, is that Im not even sure the Crows have hit rock bottom yet. Its going to get a lot lot worse, before it gets better.
We hit rock bottom during Trigg and Tippett-gate.

We are miles ahead of that now

Time to start not renewing memberships. Its the only way the club will learn.

I'm glad I took the $60 option this year, this club doesn't deserve my money.

They're still backslapping from all the pledges that proved the agitators have NFI.
This. I know of mates that are usually tight with their money who pledged 100%.

Majority of supporters wouldn't even think about the stuff that we discuss on here.

It'll take another bad season before your average members really start to drop off.

The scary thing, is that Im not even sure the Crows have hit rock bottom yet. Its going to get a lot lot worse, before it gets better.

Considering we're pretty much replicating Melbourne worst season at this point in time, I don't think there is anyway to fall lower without actually folding the club. Not on field anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back