Food, Drink & Dining Out Favourite Beer II

Rich

Club Legend
Feb 14, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I like the throwback IPA. something about having a pint after a game of basketball, being able to drive afterwards and having something that offered a bit in taste is pretty good. Not a huge fan of their regular IPA. Mosanic is good

Anyways. Just cracked the Lupalin Daze by Daintons, fu** its a wonderful beer
I concur with the Lupalin Daze, it's a cracker! Packs a decent punch.

My favourite over the past few months is this:

1588064623508.png

could drink it all day...havn't seen it for about a month though, might be all gone.

Last edited:

Eternal Schism

Senior List
Feb 17, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Souths
Yeah mate, the fall guy is a bloody ripper beer, had one last night.

Any of you on untapped can add me if you want under the same username.

Any of you blokes in the Armadale area should check out Otters Promise if you want any stuff delivered, good online store, otherwise beer cartel is the s**t.

Most enjoyable I've had recently would be among

Alamanac White Label
Against the Grain London Balling
The Bruery American Anthem
Dainton Apocalypso
Dainton Cherrywood Smoked Rye Porter
Fall & Rise Dorchae Irish Stout
Hargreaves Hill R.I.S
Modus Operandi Former Tenant
One Drop Dark Cherry Imperial Sour

Got some of the newest Clown Shoes to sink soon, but can't now because work beckons.

I’m really looking forward to the Wildflower x Jester King ‘Nothing Fancy’ release this week; two of my favourite breweries.

The GABS award is an absolute joke, not one Wildflower beer making the top 100 but all the large distro, large company owned breweries taking out so many positions.

Ha, yeah the GABS crowd can be unadventurous for a group of enthusiasts, been like that since first ED, met a bloke I'd seen a few years at it and he always stuck true to his little bubble, why be there at all if you won't try something different.

For me GABS is purely to try new things, usually go 2-3 sessions and me & a few mates attempt to clear the entire board worth for tasters, never succeeded due to scratchings but its the thing.

Was looking forward to a second year of the Blobfish Sour Beer Festival (hopefully more Oysters & Goats cheese pairings), but with Coronavirus it doesn't look like it'll be a thing.

been snacking on Colonials pale ales again, they are pretty much one of my go to's for the past year or so. tasty af

Colonial seems very popular, if any company can reach status in sales quantity as the next Moon Dog its them, sell tons of the Pale Ale, but their South West Sour is also very popular for my area it seems, sell more of both than Little Creatures, J/Squire and Mountain Goat combined. Seen a slow back in sales for Stone and Wood, no longer a big ticket seller for me.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
Favourite beers over the past month. Been the only good thing about country footy being cancelled. Never drink mid-week but now if I feel like a beer on a Wednesday or Thursday I can bloody well have one.

Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 9.13.34 am.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 9.13.57 am.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 9.14.25 am.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 9.15.39 am.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 9.15.15 am.png

Deeds are doing incredible things. Absolutely worth paying $15+ per can for all their limited releases.

Have the mixed 6 pack of Dainton beers to go with their online masterclass. Unfortunately the beers didn't arrive in time but they gave me a credit to use on their webstore to make up for it. The APA was fantastic.

Moon Dog have the novelty factor but still make excellent brews. Style and substance.

Hawkers are firing on all cylinders as well. Their recent hazy range has been top notch. Need to get my hands on Steph Likes A Party next.

Dec 21, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Favourite beers over the past month. Been the only good thing about country footy being cancelled. Never drink mid-week but now if I feel like a beer on a Wednesday or Thursday I can bloody well have one.

View attachment 869751

View attachment 869752View attachment 869755View attachment 869753View attachment 869754

Deeds are doing incredible things. Absolutely worth paying $15+ per can for all their limited releases.

Have the mixed 6 pack of Dainton beers to go with their online masterclass. Unfortunately the beers didn't arrive in time but they gave me a credit to use on their webstore to make up for it. The APA was fantastic.

Moon Dog have the novelty factor but still make excellent brews. Style and substance.

Hawkers are firing on all cylinders as well. Their recent hazy range has been top notch. Need to get my hands on Steph Likes A Party next.
Steph likes a party is insanely good.

Of the above the low hanging fruit and right on schedule are my faves. Delicious.

IAMDASH

All Australian
Mar 7, 2001
Melbourne
Sorry to hijack this thread, but I have a few technical beer questions and I am hoping someone here may be able to offer advice regarding an appropriate solution.

I suffer badly from heartburn and some of may favourite beers contribute to this badly.

I'm not giving up beer, so I need to find something I can tolerate.

It appears heavily carbonated and acidic beers are an issue.

Where would you guys be looking? I'm happy to give anything a go.

Any help appreciated.

Dec 21, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Sorry to hijack this thread, but I have a few technical beer questions and I am hoping someone here may be able to offer advice regarding an appropriate solution.

I suffer badly from heartburn and some of may favourite beers contribute to this badly.

I'm not giving up beer, so I need to find something I can tolerate.

It appears heavily carbonated and acidic beers are an issue.

Where would you guys be looking? I'm happy to give anything a go.

Any help appreciated.
Have you given many milk stouts a go?

scottishfiction

Team Captain
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Didcot, Yateley, Winnersh, Taplow
Otherside Mango Raspberry Slurpee. unreal. best sour I've ever had I think and potentially the best 'experimental' beer. somehow ticks off every flavour it reckons it has, but it's really subtle, honestly reckon you could have about 10 of them. 7.6% too, no idea how something so low key and light has such a minimal alcohol-y taste.

what's weird is Otherside's core range really doesn't sit well with me. there's a weird sort of wet cardboardy, fart-y sort of taste to them. very yeasty? you know when you go past a brewery with big outdoor kegs and it has that smell? that's all you tend to get from their beers. yet the seasonals and experimentals are nothing like it.

I purchased the Gabs 6 pack (5 really) from Dans.
1st up I tried the
MEGA GOLDEN STOUT TIME
BIG SHED BREWING CONCERN (SA)

it's a stout that has hints of golden gaytime and at a deceptive 8% it's a nice drop to try. I was a bit underwhelmed by its hype though 6/10
Next I tried the
POPCORN-UCOPIA SALTED CARAMEL POPCORN ALE
BRIGHT BREWERY (VIC)

just enough flavour in it to let you know that you are indeed drinking salted caramel popcorn beer. Its sweet at 6%, nice but not great 6/10
On to the Modus
LOST IN THE FOG
MODUS OPERANDI BREWING CO (NSW)

these guys don't make cheap beer for a reason
Not only do I want to be drinking this in summertime but I want to be drinking it now.
Would buy the 6 pack again only for this (and the next taster) 9/10
STRAWBERRIES & CREAM MILKSHAKE IPA (VEGAN NITRO BEER)
ONE DROP BREWING CO (NSW)

wait, what? Vegan beer? low carb beer is bad enough and now .....oh well nevertheless I did as describedand turned the can hard 3 times slaming it down whilst doing so (can got hard) ....got my pint glass ready, turned the can upside down and aimed n prayed. Filled the glass up quick n watched the magic happen. Had a slight pinkish tinge with a nice creamy thick head. Smelt like strawberries n cream and tasted like it, but it's beer? Hell yeah it is and sure you could make a S&C cocktail but this is a mighty fine experiment
Me likey 8/10 with no umbrella in it
last I tried the
SAMBO SALT & VINEGAR SOUR
YOUR MATES BREWING CO (QLD)

when you order fish n chips in Qld the often ask do you want plain or chicken salt. Qldrs should stick to chicken salt. I get it, ppl like to drink beer n munch on some S&V chips. Now imaging you've got your hot chips and you unwrap them, they are salted (real salt, not the qld sh*t) and you want to add some vinegar, so you do. Then you tilt your head back and slash the vinegar into your mouth. That effectively is what this beer tastes like
Very sour, very vinegary
would not drink again.....well maybe as a lick sip suck.....nah fk it avoid at any cost even if its free.
The 6th beer wasn't in the pack. Overall for the 6(5)pack its a 4/10 from me

Back