Preview Round 6 v Geelong Cats (Hubtastic at the SCG)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And we will be the 28th man at home watching on tv.

I'll do my best to pass on any messages tomorrow night. Especially if they involve critiquing the umpires' decisions. ;)

Completely agree, Ah Chee looks out of his depth at this level (lets be honest Joshy Walker would be doing a much better job..) If he gets another game this week then a few players waiting in the wings have the right to be peeved off..
Even with the team playing well, the club needs to be giving as many players on the list an opportunity where possible. Otherwise we will be loosing players next season who will prove their worth at other clubs..
I'm not over the moon with how he's going but I don't think it's near as bad as people make out.

Under our current regime they give players a decent opportunity but once you're out you're out . Bastinac, Mathieson, Answerth amongst others.

I'm sure if there was someone on the list that they thought was better than who we had in they'd pick them. Tommy Berry has made his way in ahead of others who might have seemed ahead of him in the queue so obviously they rate him.

Ah Chee is doing better than the stats sheet might indicate but I agree he needs to be getting more of the ball.

And we will be the 28th man at home watching on tv.
Very happy to be 29th man at the ground. Lions supporters are everywhere. I will make as much noise as possible, though the crowd will be very small, I think, with tickets only going on sale this morning and presumably not many Cats fans able to get over the border let alone into the SCG.

Given the Cats seem to be running with a fairly inexperienced ruck combo at the moment.
I am wondering if it would be worth giving Oscar a rest this week and bring in Skinner as a third tall/ruck chop out for Stef?
No. Definetely no in my opinion. If we are to play in the big dance, we need both Ruckman fit and match ready to go. This game is important to ready them for that. Skinner is in the waiting for his opportunity should an injury come up.

Completely agree, Ah Chee looks out of his depth at this level (lets be honest Joshy Walker would be doing a much better job..) If he gets another game this week then a few players waiting in the wings have the right to be peeved off..
Even with the team playing well, the club needs to be giving as many players on the list an opportunity where possible. Otherwise we will be loosing players next season who will prove their worth at other clubs..
Ah Chee and Walker play completely different roles so the comparison doesn’t fit. If walker was still at the lions he wouldn’t be playing even if Ah Chee wasn’t here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leigh Fisher hates us

I'd rather Razor take charge. He can be flaky but I have no doubt he's actually pretty fair
I swore I couldn't bear to watch us again whenever Fisher got the nod. He absolutely crucifies us every time.

Spose I'll front up again tomorrow night. We must be really good if Fisher doesn't stop us. Selwood and Danger seem particular pets.

Ray's ok. At least he's usually decisive with very few howlers.

Only change Zorko for CEY

Finally got to watch the Port replay last night.
Paid particular attention to a few players one being Ah Chee
Ah Chee was nowhere near as bad as people are saying
He is part of a team defense strategy and did his job.
Appeared to mostly but not always take Rozee who kicked one goal
Rozee kicked 5 goals 2 against us in round 3, 2019 so can be a damaging young player

In the preseason game against Port Ah Chee showed some dash and great disposal but his defense needed to be way better.

I imagine his defense and team defense is what the coaches have been working on as it is much better now.
He got caught holding the ball once which resulted in a point to Port. Crowd wanted "in the back" of course but it was holding the ball.
He butchered the ball when under no pressure trying to kick 10 meters to another Lions player and missed by 10 meters and went out of bounds. Should have just hand balled.
He appeared to be following instructions by senior players to get his team defensive correct.
Apart from Rich & Birchall he had similar figures to the other 5 defenders

With under 10 seconds till half time it was Ah Chee at bottom of pack hit the ball towards goal, J Berry quickly threw it on to his boot, McCarthy taped the ball over players to himself goal to Lions siren sounded. Half time score Lions 8 g 6 b to Port 2 g 7 b. For me the game was just about over at that point

The club did bring him into the side for some run off half back but the way we are playing that part of our game is not essential at present.

Finally it would not surprise me if Rich gets a hard tag this week. If this happens he will handle the tag much better off half back than he did in the midfield.
I kind of hope he does get a hard tag so we can see how the others step up

Do you find anyone, other the snipers here, have a bad word for Cal? TBH I haven't even heard his name mentioned as our Achilles heal (no pun intended zorks). Fairdinkum let the chef finish creating the feast before you judge their choices.

I'm not over the moon with how he's going but I don't think it's near as bad as people make out.

Under our current regime they give players a decent opportunity but once you're out you're out . Bastinac, Mathieson, Answerth amongst others.

I'm sure if there was someone on the list that they thought was better than who we had in they'd pick them. Tommy Berry has made his way in ahead of others who might have seemed ahead of him in the queue so obviously they rate him.

Ah Chee is doing better than the stats sheet might indicate but I agree he needs to be getting more of the ball.
Yes well Ah Chee is certainly getting more than a decent opportunity. But surely if he keeps playing like this for another week or 2 it might be acknowledged that yes.. maybe we got this one wrong. If he's the only disappointing recruit this season then I think we'll do pretty well! 😄

I swore I couldn't bear to watch us again whenever Fisher got the nod. He absolutely crucifies us every time.

Spose I'll front up again tomorrow night. We must be really good if Fisher doesn't stop us. Selwood and Danger seem particular pets.

Ray's ok. At least he's usually decisive with very few howlers.
Surely Leigh is on the bandwagon

How exciting is tomorrows game. Favourites. Prime time. Expected to win by most. Who would of thought.

Any info on attending the game?
Tickets for club members only went on sale at 9am this morning. But the Lions allocation sold out in about 2 minutes. Contact the club for a link as maybe we will get what the Cats couldn't sell? You could try Ticketek, but I doubt it is released to general public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back