Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id Say its more Schoey saying he is had enough... Wouldn't surprise me if he hangs the boots up once we get back to Perth.

What he did was stupid but lets not forget for many years he was a reliable defender and was dropped plenty of times but always went back to the WAFL and made a point of helping the younger players develop.

I would like to know how Harry Edwards is going? He was talked up a bit last year by Schofield who played a fair bit with him in the WAFL and if Gov/Barrass get injured or do something stupid i would like to see him get a game.

Id Say its more Schoey saying he is had enough... Wouldn't surprise me if he hangs the boots up once we get back to Perth.

What he did was stupid but lets not forget for many years he was a reliable defender and was dropped plenty of times but always went back to the WAFL and made a point of helping the younger players develop.

I would like to know how Harry Edwards is going? He was talked up a bit last year by Schofield who played a fair bit with him in the WAFL and if Gov/Barrass get injured or do something stupid i would like to see him get a game.
The worst full forward going around kicked 5 goals on him in a quarter in a scratch match so I guess he is useless and should be cut from the squad.

And a cut and paste from Eagles website …

Small forward Jamaine Jones was also cited by Christian for striking the Power's Justin Westhoff during the fourth quarter of the round four match.
Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Carless Conduct with Low Impact and High Contact.

Wow, imagine how bad the contact or impact could have been if he'd used a car!

And a cut and paste from Eagles website …

Wow, imagine how bad the contact or impact could have been if he'd used a car!
Carless conduct was one of Sidebottoms offenses wasn't it?

Haggers this morning with the unequivocal "Schofield must never play again for West Coast"

One of his shittier takes IMO. Schofield was instrumental in winning the 2018 flag. His headbutt on the weekend was ill considered but the simple fact is Schofield is one of the very few "big game" players on our list. I think Malthouse had the right idea - players that perform in the crunch are far more valuable than H&A heroes who turn into wall flowers under pressure.

Our list is littered with pudding heads like Jack Darling who simply don't show up at crunch time. For that alone Schofield is still important to our list and developing our next generation.
Darling's big first quarter in 2017 setup the win against Port after the siren. His big last quarter in 2018 qualifying final got us over the line. He also played extremely well against Carlton in 2011 semi, helping us win a close one as a 1st year player. Let's not forget that 3rd quarter in 2018 GF where he was everywhere, clunking everything.

Darling has runs on the board in finals. People decide he's no good based on two memorable dropped marks that had no bearing on the result. We were still about 30 points behind in 2015 and we won anyway in 2018 (his recovery was excellent btw and if Cripps had handballed to rioli we would still have goaled).

Darling's big first quarter in 2017 setup the win against Port after the siren. His big last quarter in 2018 qualifying final got us over the line. He also played extremely well against Carlton in 2011 semi, helping us win a close one as a 1st year player. Let's not forget that 3rd quarter in 2018 GF where he was everywhere, clunking everything.

Darling has runs on the board in finals. People decide he's no good based on two memorable dropped marks that had no bearing on the result. We were still about 30 points behind in 2015 and we won anyway in 2018 (his recovery was excellent btw and if Cripps had handballed to rioli we would still have goaled).
A quarter here and a quarter there is the problem. His best can be match winning but it is absolute pot luck as to when or if Jack decides to put on his big boy pants.

Haggers this morning with the unequivocal "Schofield must never play again for West Coast"

One of his shittier takes IMO. Schofield was instrumental in winning the 2018 flag. His headbutt on the weekend was ill considered but the simple fact is Schofield is one of the very few "big game" players on our list. I think Malthouse had the right idea - players that perform in the crunch are far more valuable than H&A heroes who turn into wall flowers under pressure.

Our list is littered with pudding heads like Jack Darling who simply don't show up at crunch time. For that alone Schofield is still important to our list and developing our next generation.
3rd qtr gf jack says hi.

We dont win with out him

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The fact you guys can point out very specific instances of Jack stepping to the plate is the issue.

I'm not saying he isn't a good player for us, I'm saying he has pudding inside of his skull.

2nd year near 60 goals?

What I think people gripe is, you aren't happy with a 2nd forward kicking on average 40 goals, because he has glimpses where he is a legit top 10 player in the comp and you want that all the time.

Maybe you need to realign your expectation and be happy with his average. Which in reality is pretty bloody good.

40 goals with 5 marks and 12 touches career stats.

FYI Jarryd Roughead to pick a forward who is consider really good averages out at 14 touches, 6 marks, while kicks 44 goals a year.

Not a huge difference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think there is little doubt he retires at season end, but surely he sticks on for the next 6 months (or however long it goes for).

Headbutting is a dangerous action, but I think anyone arguing that there was malice or force in what schoey did is a fair way wide of the mark.

An act of frustration, absolutely. Stupid, yep. But he didn't wind it up and try to hurt the guy (who was in his face, yet the commentary wasn't potting him like they did with Vardy). Next time he either needs to jumper punch a guy to the collarbone, or even better just flop to the ground when they run up to get in your face...

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The fact you guys can point out very specific instances of Roughie stepping to the plate is the issue

Arbitrary number break because I CBF:

Last 138 Games Jarryd Roughead with sub 10 disposals - 3 games (with 2 of them coming in the final 3 games of his career)

Last 138 Games Jack Darling with sub 10 disposals - 26 games

I really have nfi why the concept of Darling being a very good player who still, after 200 games, struggles to consistently impact games is such a difficult concept for people to grasp.

Arbitrary number break because I CBF:

Last 138 Games Jarryd Roughead with sub 10 disposals - 3 games (with 2 of them coming in the final 3 games of his career)

Last 138 Games Jack Darling with sub 10 disposals - 26 games

I really have nfi why the concept of Darling being a very good player who still, after 200 games, struggles to consistently impact games is such a difficult concept for people to grasp.

So 112 out of 138 games with over 10 disposals seem pretty consistent.

He has met your criteria in 84% of the games in your sample size.

Why is total possessions being used as the key performance indicator for a tall forward?

In 11 of those 26 games he kicked multiple goals. You can’t say he’s failed to impact the game in those circumstances.

Conversely I’m sure there’s been plenty of games where he’s had double figure possessions but no impact.

Why is total possessions being used as the key performance indicator for a tall forward?

In 11 of those 26 games he kicked multiple goals. You can’t say he’s failed to impact the game in those circumstances.

Conversely I’m sure there’s been plenty of games where he’s had double figure possessions but no impact.

No idea, my comp. was with Rougheads touches, goals, marks to illustrate similar stats for someone who is generally considered pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back