Preview Swans vs Tigers in QLD

Remove this Banner Ad

I can see if we come out with the same intensity and quick movement like we did against the Eagles AND take our opportunities!! we could be a real chance here, Richmond have checked out for the season Riewoldt was apparently in tears leaving his family behind.

Really tough game to get a winner.

Gray is not a 21 year old who may just need a bit of a reprieve ?

I think a young player is always better in the long run if they're able to iron out as many of their flaws as they can at a lower level. It's that much harder to do it at senior level.

I actually feel for Hayward because he is out of sorts atm but is being expected to front up every week in a game that's above where he is currently at. It can have long-term ramifications on a player's development, so I'm not as 'meh' about it as you are. But I guess we all see things differently which is what keeps the world spinning.
I know Gray is older, but the point is that he's a player that we know is capable at AFL level, yet, if anything, he came back in worse form after being dropped.

Every player is different, and I suspect the coaches have access to more information that would inform their opinions as to what is most likely to help or hinder a player's development.

Your last point is one I see put forward quite often, yet I question the substance of it. IMO Harris Andrews is close to, if not, the best key defender in the competition at the moment. A few weeks ago Chris Fagan detailed how much he struggled early on in his career, yet despite those struggles, Brisbane never dropped him (admittedly they lacked alternative). Petracca is another example of a player of a player that has gone through slumps, yet has come of age this season. Different approaches will work for different players.

Got a feeling this will be the 22:

Mills - Brand - Cunningham
Lloyd - Rampe - Dawson
Florent - Parker - McInerney
Gray - Blakey - Hewett
Papley - McLean - Heeney
Aliir - Kennedy - Rowbottom

Warner - Stephens - Clarke - Hayward

Exactly this.

Very midfield-heavy IMO

Pretty sure AA's instructions were not to contest many and try and shark it. NicNat was ready though.
Also possible AA was told DO NOT GET INJURED given the state of out tall stocks so avoided coping a NicNatKnee in the jumps.
So you think he was tod to avoid NicNatKneeNuts ? I doubt it.

So you think he was tod to avoid NicNatKneeNuts ? I doubt it.
It's not exactly a new strategy. Teams have been doing this against Nic Nat for years. If Aliir wasn't instructed to play that way and avoided every contest, pretty sure he would have been dropped from the ruck.

I can see if we come out with the same intensity and quick movement like we did against the Eagles AND take our opportunities!! we could be a real chance here, Richmond have checked out for the season Riewoldt was apparently in tears leaving his family behind.

Really tough game to get a winner.
My brother is good friends with Reiwoldt's family. They're very close. It must be tough on some players.

It's not exactly a new strategy. Teams have been doing this against Nic Nat for years. If Aliir wasn't instructed to play that way and avoided every contest, pretty sure he would have been dropped from the ruck.
More likely he'd have been told to put enough pressure on to impact his ruck delivery and try to match Natainui around the ground. He did neither and allowed NicNat free reign to carve us up. As for not wanting him to get hurt, Aliir is a big unit and only gives away about 10kg and 6cm. Going hard gets no more injuries than going soft. If Horse didn't want Aliir physically contesting he'd have left him out and put an extra mid into the centre bounces to help shark the ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cunningham to be cut from the final squad? Or will they play it safe and drop McInerney for Fox? I assume Fox will come in as Melicans replacement.

Can someone do some investigative work and find out exactly what are the pictures Robbie Fox has. They are clearly very powerful bargaining tools.

Can someone do some investigative work and find out exactly what are the pictures Robbie Fox has. They are clearly very powerful bargaining tools.
To be fair, who else do we bring in?

the same ones Reid, clarke etc have

Remove this Banner Ad

Back