AFL Round 7 - Non-MFC Games Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure Dangerfield could be any more unlikable if he tried. I only started paying attention to this game towards the end of the 1st qrt, and for the most part, he's just been complaining to the umpires looking for cheap free kicks.

I hate Geelong!

Can’t believe they used to be my second team. Probably because half my family support them and I was born there but stuff them.
I moved there when I was a couple of months old until I was 11, this only fuelled my hatred for them.

Weird game, just as the Lions were looking like genuine flag favourites, they fell in a hole and started digging.

I moved there when I was a couple of months old until I was 11, this only fuelled my hatred for them.

Weird game, just as the Lions were looking like genuine flag favourites, they fell in a hole and started digging.
I love those games, the North vs saints early in the year when saints looked like they were all over them and then out of nowhere they came to a stop. Anyway this game reminded me of our game against Adelaide in 2017, I think Adelaide got to 28 up and we kicked the next 10 (back when we could actually score)

I hate Geelong!

Can’t believe they used to be my second team. Probably because half my family support them and I was born there but stuff them.
I didn't mind them when they were actually a good team in that 07-11 period. There's something irritable about the the current Geelong.

I hate Geelong!

Same for me, still my second team though. Hard to hate a club that is well run, has a successful culture and so on. I do think KP has them 4 spots higher on the ladder each time then they deserve to be.

That performance by the Lions last night was a highly accurate impression of us. Like lookng at a clone.

Looked a million bucks for portions of the game, plenty of inaccuracy and wasted opportunities, folded like a cheap tent.

Bunch of pretenders if you ask me.

The part I hated most, I messaged a few mates who go for Geelong when the Lions were 20 points up and looking like world beaters in the second quarter. Nek Minnut, Geelong kicks the next 25 goals. 😡

Very happy with my Saints and Dogs premiership bets at more than. 20-1. They are the best teams in the comp at the moment imo.

Let's hope we get through the season for my sake hey.

Very happy with my Saints and Dogs premiership bets at more than. 20-1. They are the best teams in the comp at the moment imo.

Let's hope we get through the season for my sake hey.
This season is weird, but teams that look good now could fall in a heap quickly. Geelong were very meh until last night, Brisbane were great until they fell apart halfway through the 2nd.
Honestly aside from us, North, Freo and Adelaide each team looks like they might be a shot at finals. Picking a winner from that is a crapshoot. Given the season length there might only be 1-2 wins between top 4 and 10th.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This season is weird, but teams that look good now could fall in a heap quickly. Geelong were very meh until last night, Brisbane were great until they fell apart halfway through the 2nd.
Honestly aside from us, North, Freo and Adelaide each team looks like they might be a shot at finals. Picking a winner from that is a crapshoot. Given the season length there might only be 1-2 wins between top 4 and 10th.
We actually have the dubious honour of being the seasons most consistent performers

Thats why in a crapshoot you take roughies, absolutely pointless backing favourites in a season like this imo.

I'm not sure Dangerfield could be any more unlikable if he tried. I only started paying attention to this game towards the end of the 1st qrt, and for the most part, he's just been complaining to the umpires looking for cheap free kicks.
He’s a terrific player but everything he says and does screams flog. Not in a villain-Toby Greene/Stephen Milne kind of way but a real bathwater drinking David Brent kind of way.

I was thinking back to Sunday 8th of June 1997. As a 10 year old I saw Melbourne kick 5.15 to lose to Adelaide by 52 points. The lowest of lows in my short time as a dees supporter. How depressing 5 goals in a whole game. Fast forward to today and that score would have won two games this round. Infact it even beats the victorious tigers. The AFL have hit a new low. I know it's shorter quarters but to be honest I think the shorter quarters just shorten the boredom.

2 years ago: "Queensland clubs need a retention allowance to prevent players from leaving"
Now: "All these victorian players are gonna see how great it is to live on the gold coast!"

Media say some stupid s**t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back