Preview Round 6, 2020: Collingwood v Hawthorn, 10 July 2020, 7.50pm @ Giants Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jones clearly didn't pull up well, or he'd be an emergency.

I honestly thought Day would be 2 years in the gym. Kid must have some tricks coz we don't hand games to people at Hawthorn. Plus he's jumped the queue over a range of players.
Morris the same.

Gonna be an interesting night.

Btw, Daicos out for them is big. He's been very good this year.

Stop being so precious. Saying someone is not up to it, etc. isn't a personal attack. None of the stuff in this thread has crossed any line at this point.

The crap posted here about other players is much much worse. So what if one of the players plays for the club you support? Would you prefer if everyone just supports blindly? People are supporting by saying certain players aren't up to the winning standard, given they want the team to actually win.
Saying we are two players down on our opponent because we picked O'Brien and Morrison is a personal attack on both of those players I would have thought.

I honestly thought Day would be 2 years in the gym. Kid must have some tricks coz we don't hand games to people at Hawthorn. Plus he's jumped the queue over a range of players.
Morris the same.

Quite surprised re day, would of expected Finn to debut before him as he is more physically ready. Really keen to see Finn at some stage

Be interesting to see if he lines up in the practice match this weekend.
either

a). Jones didn't perform his role within the team's plan
b). he's being managed because of the fast turnaround
or c). we want to change our structure vs the pies

the fact he's not even an emergency makes b or c the most likely

has to be one of those otherwise doesn't make sense — anyway i'm sure we'll see him again soon enough

On Pixel 2 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

Being able to see Jones, Day and Morris all get a sniff right now is exciting stuff. Almost un-Clarko like. Gives me encouragement that Finn will also get an opportunity at some stage during the hub.

I know most of us would probably rather Harry J got a decent run to show his worth. However if you had told me a couple of weeks ago that we would shortly get to see so many youngsters get a crack but with the caveat that they will be heavily rotated in and out, I would have taken it in a heartbeat. I'm sure it's far from the last we will see of Harry Jones this year.

Morris the same.

I got a feeling that Clarko is playing mind tricks with Maginness by not handing him a debut before the other 2 guys from his draft class. Most of us just kind of assumed Finn would get first crack at a debut and maybe that’s what Clarko sensed too and probably didn’t want the kid to get too comfortable by thinking it would be an easy ride. Finn’s time will come soon enough and I look forward to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will day used to be a mid and said on draft night he hopes to get back in the midfield role, wonder if he’ll get any time there tmr night

I thought the same, which makes the debut all the more exciting. I think he has got some elite attributes and could be our next A grader. All the best Will!

The afl have signalled they want to complete round 12 within 32 days at an average of 4.5 days per match. We are going to be rotating players through the side and clarko won t want to lose too much experience (and training age) from the side from week to week. So expect the kids in and out and for morrison to fill gaps as he clearly has a strong understanding of the game plan and can play a role even if he isn’t in the best 22.

‘personally I reckon that’s a crazy idea and the injuries will pile up

‘personally I reckon that’s a crazy idea and the injuries will pile up
I suspect they are concerned that a second wave will strike the nation and they will have to suspend the season again. Bringing forward games for a month will challenge player management but it is probably the lessor of two evils.

T
Jones is now listed as an emergency. Don't reckon Sheila will play.
Well there sort of goes the theory that he was being managed due to the 5 day turnaround. If anything I’d say it’s a combination of the short turnaround and also not wanting too many kids in the team at once that aren’t fully familiar with the system. I still reckon Cegs might end up being a late out with Hartley coming in. I guess we’ll see soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back