Game Day Round 6, 2020 - Brisbane Lions vs. Geelong

Status
Not open for further replies.

LionCub29

Senior List
Jul 30, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I love Jarrod Berry (and played very well this season), but a couple of marks he pulled out of and totally outclassed. Next week..

Jul 26, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Middlesbrough, The Roys

Grizzly86

Club Legend
Sep 6, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Going Thursday night to Sunday in a week of fixtures is usually not a bad thing, and there are positives in this case, but.... We will be playing on the Sunday heading into what is being mooted as a compact stint of 5 or 6 rounds in less than 4 weeks.

Of course the Cats and Pies get the Thursday night heading into that though. Nothing suss.

irish

Premiership Player
Sep 20, 2002
hobart
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NHFC demons & SH/SB sharks
We just cannot convert ! Plenty of inside 50 for naff all results. Not funny when you loose ! As I have been saying key forwards that kick one goal a game Arnt worth a butt !

Welp. 11 days to lick our wounds and regroup.

Teams on our part of the development cycle have games like this. Fagan is a teacher by trade, so he will know how to seize the famous “teachable moment”.

Very teachable game. We got beaten down and couldn't handle it. Lost our plot and let them dictate the game.

I don't think it's any coincidence that our two losses have been against very experienced teams in front of little/no crowds.

Our next step in our development is learning how to beat bigger bodied, more experienced teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back