Game Day Round 6, 2020: Collingwood v Hawthorn, 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have had the wood over the Magpies in the past and 4-2 looks a heck of a lot better than 3-3. Good luck to the players making their debuts tonight. Just play your roles.

We have had the wood over the Magpies in the past and 4-2 looks a heck of a lot better than 3-3. Good luck to the players making their debuts tonight. Just play your roles.
Their midfield is slightly weaker without Sidebottom there. Also there forwardline has lost a fair bit of firepower and the others that are there except for Stephenson are out of form. We always match up well with them and tonight is no exception. If anything Bucks will have headaches getting his matchups right against us.

I don't expect Day to do too much, but I expect that when he does get the ball it will ooze class and potential. Keen to see Morris run around too, considering he's getting games ahead of Walker and Ross who have some runs on the board already.

So we've brought in Day who has good foot skills and pace to play on the half back line you'd think. The replacement for Scrimshaw

Morris to give us another scoring option. Burgoyne rested

Patton a direct structure swap for Lewis

Morrison I think not a direct swap for Jones but more Clarko wanting to combat the experience with our game plan that has been swapped out this week. Add in the 5 day break and two debutantes and you want someone who's not going to hurt your rotations to balance that.

I think Jones got omitted based on team need and the short turn around. If we'd not had to make the 3 other changes I think he'd have got a second game.

On the plus side we get a look at our highest draft pick in a long time and another kid who is a goal kicker, something we need more of in the side

Huge test for our midfield this week. Need to limit Pendles impact on the game and we should be fine.

They are also a fast starting team so can not start flat.

Hawks by 80 Chad BOG 10 goals, Mitchell 30 and 3!

:cool:
This. Pendles has wound back the clock this season. Treloar head to head with Mitch should be interesting.

Good luck to the debutantes. Just try to relax and enjoy it lads!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This. Pendles has wound back the clock this season. Treloar head to head with Mitch should be interesting.

Good luck to the debutantes. Just try to relax and enjoy it lads!

Pendles is probably my favourite non-Hawk player to watch

Happy with the inclusion of two new debutantes , this is what we need more energy and excitement for the future.

Good to see Finn excited for his fellow draftees. Shows a lot of character IMO 👊🏾 👊 👊🏾 👊

It will be your turn soon mate.

These are the kicking efficiency stats so far this season which doesn't make for good reading. Pretty surprised that Stratton isn't on the least efficient list but you'd think he wouldn't be too far off as would Frawley.

Anyways it seems imperative that we have to put as much pressure on Moore and Maynard tonight once the ball is in our forward line. Do that and it will go a long way to getting the win IMO.

Untitled-1.jpg Untitled-2.jpg

Really really hope Shiels is right to play - will be a massive blow if he is out. Taking Ellis before Pendlebury still haunts me. The other one that kills me is Collingwood nabbing Maynard at pick 30 - one before our pick at 31 (Howe) I really thought that we were going to get him and bloody Collingwood trumped us at the death knell

Absolutely no idea who wins tonight, genuine flip of the coin

These are the kicking efficiency stats so far this season which doesn't make for good reading. Pretty surprised that Stratton isn't on the least efficient list but I you'd think he wouldn't be too far off as would Frawley.

Anyways it seems imperative that we have to put as much pressure on Moore and Maynard tonight once the ball is in our forward line. Do that and it will go a long way to getting the win IMO.
Those smith and Scully ones are a concern (but no surprise really). Our outside runners should be the ones with better effiency - otherwise what’s the point feeding the ball out.

Really really hope Shiels is right to play - will be a massive blow if he is out. Taking Ellis before Pendlebury still haunts me. The other one that kills me is Collingwood nabbing Maynard at pick 30 - one before our pick at 31 (Howe) I really thought that we were going to get him and bloody Collingwood trumped us at the death knell

Absolutely no idea who wins tonight, genuine flip of the coin

If we took Pendlebury and or Selwood the Universe spins a different way – we improve in 2007 and North take Cyril ahead of us. Who knows what the team dynamic would have been? When you win a three peat everything happened just the way it was supposed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back