News New Sponsor Position: Above Numbers

Aug 11, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill (VFL)
Geelong took something from their jumpers when they added the new sponsors logo. I know they took the 1859 off the jumper, but with the size of that Ford logo on top of their numbers Geelong has gone back to the size of the numbers that where on the name on jumper jumpers from a couple of years back.

AgOMzuZ.jpg

It would be better to increase the size of the sponsor logo on the front of the jumper. Not to the levels seen in the SANFL and WAFL, but an increase in the size of that logo. Probably to the levels shown in the jumper below. The majority of clubs have had a company of the jumper before. The space was better used for historical references. The former name of the club, the year of formation and other such markings gave the jumpers a look that other clubs would not want to copy. SMFC means something to the Sydney Swans. Add the space to the front sponsors logo or more on the shorts. The NRL has sponsorship on the back of players shorts.

iAZsVfg.jpg

blktreacle

Club Legend
May 14, 2013
UK
AFL Club
St Kilda
Did melbourne have a sponsor in the back of their jumper at all?
I could see a little white squiggle on the bottom of there jumpers on the telecast but had no idea what it was for.
Melbourne didn't seem to have one today,
Freo with the same logo that's already on their back,
Crowies with the 'yes' which goes with the OPTUS logo
GC had Hostplus covering up their own club logo and WC have BHP

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Storm20

Been Here A Long Time
Aug 27, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
yeah all of them are 100% heat pressed

I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of that space, but it didn't look as bad as I thought. Reminded me of the subtle NBA style sponsorships

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
yeah all of them are 100% heat pressed

I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of that space, but it didn't look as bad as I thought. Reminded me of the subtle NBA style sponsorships

Yeah, I didn't hate it either. And it takes the names-on-back discussion away again for the foreseeable future. I'd honestly prefer sponsors.

All four of whom are paying us the desperately needed funds we require to stay afloat. I aint mad.
Yep, I prefer this situation to the one a few years ago when we could barely find one sponsor. This year is already massively compromised, and I'm glad we finally have an administration competent enough to see us through to the other side of it.

Back