Play Nice Michael Jordan vs LeBron James

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's some 80s footage that isn't highlights. Please tell me Steph doesn't get 20 wide open 3s running around playing in this game.

Steph plays in an era where he doesn't need to fear getting physically knocked about doing what he does.

Back in those days each team had a few hatchet men that they could have come off the bench to give up a few tough fouls.

You think Detroit would just let him keep taking shot after shot without decking him at some stage?

I don't think Steph's fragile frame could handle that kind of punishment season after season.

Steph plays in an era where he doesn't need to fear getting physically knocked about doing what he does.

Back in those days each team had a few hatchet men that they could have come off the bench to give up a few tough fouls.

You think Detroit would just let him keep taking shot after shot without decking him at some stage?

I don't think Steph's fragile frame could handle that kind of punishment season after season.

Allen Iverson managed

Had the game changed that much?

None of the hard men of the 80's could catch Iverson if he was trapped in a toilet cubicle.

Yes the game had started to change.

Why would they need to catch him? Iverson played the drive game a lot, you could smash him easily driving to the basket in the paint.

Yes the game had started to change.

Why would they need to catch him? Iverson played the drive game a lot, you could smash him easily driving to the basket in the paint.

Im not so sure. The advantage a player like Curry has is speed and the fact he can score from ANYWHERE.

Curry would absolutely tourch 90's ISO defences. Imagine the floor cleared and Curry going 1 on 1 with anyone when he can score from anywhere within 25 feet :eek:

There is also the argument that if Curry needed more size then he could hit the gym and get it the same as Jordan did.

Im not so sure. The advantage a player like Curry has is speed and the fact he can score from ANYWHERE.

Curry would absolutely tourch 90's ISO defences. Imagine the floor cleared and Curry going 1 on 1 with anyone when he can score from anywhere within 25 feet :eek:

There is also the argument that if Curry needed more size then he could hit the gym and get it the same as Jordan did.

And Bird would torch today's defences from anywhere on the court with his shooting skills. With his elite shooting talents he'd have no problem matching the Splash Brothers 3pt output in today's game.

Go look at the size of point guards in the 80s/90s. Steph is the same size if not bigger than the average point guard from back then. He's 2 inches and 10 pounds heavier than Isiah ffs.

Anyone that does think he would have been great in the 80s or 90s is a fool.

Go look at the size of point guards in the 80s/90s. Steph is the same size if not bigger than the average point guard from back then. He's 2 inches and 10 pounds heavier than Isiah ffs.

Anyone that does think he would have been great in the 80s or 90s is a fool.

Size has zero relevance to toughness.

He's grown up upper class and went to a liberal arts college.

You think his size means anything when compared to the guards back then who were coming from often tough and under privilidged backgrounds.

Anyone who thinks size makes you physically tough is a fool.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not that self explanatory?

Did they mention his class selections on draft night?

Is missing out on scholarships privileged?

Well it is given we were talking about toughness.

I'm sure he wasn't facing bad arse mofos on the streets all the time at that liberal arts college.

I'm sure he wasn't playing on inner city projects basketball courts learning his trade.

Top 10 of the 90's, not in order outside of Jordan obviously.

Jordan
Pippen
Barkley
K.Malone
Shaq
Ewing
Robinson
Olajuwon

You could raffle off the last two spots... Payton, Kemp, Stockton, Grant Hill, Drexler, Iverson, Mourning, Miller, Mutombo etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back