News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not questioning your maths, couldn't GAF about that. I'm questioning your lack of compassion and blase attitude towards this.

Alarming would be results in the thousands over a prolonged period with similar testing sizes.

10% and up. Alarming.

Less than 1%, not alarming.

Alarming would be results in the thousands over a prolonged period with similar testing sizes.

10% and up. Alarming.

Less than 1%, not alarming.
The trend is alarming. What were our figures 2-3 weeks ago? What do you reckon the figures look like in 2-3 weeks? We have no where near peaked on this yet mate.

Any of you *ers interested in looking at how man Australians die behind the wheel every year?

We should ban the motor vehicle before we give this virus a second look! Just because someone post s**t from channel ******* 7 and you campaigners are all living in fear. doesn't make it right.

The trend is alarming. What were our figures 2-3 weeks ago? What do you reckon the figures look like in 2-3 weeks? We have no where near peaked on this yet mate.

This thing changes rapidly so guessing 3 weeks in advance is a dangerous game.

With the right interventions, this should be contained within the six weeks the government has set out.

I don’t feel we’ll have a day over 1,000 with the current testing levels.

Any of you f***ers interested in looking at how man Australians die behind the wheel every year?

We should ban the motor vehicle before we give this virus a second look! Just because someone post sh*t from channel ******* 7 and you campaigners are all living in fear. doesn't make it right.
There's a lot of people out there like you. That is the reason we are where we are.

I've got nothing against you personally, but your outlook is selfish, short-sited and dangerous.

This thing changes rapidly so guessing 3 weeks in advance is a dangerous game.

With the right interventions, this should be contained within the six weeks the government has set out.

I don’t feel we’ll have a day over 1,000 with the current testing levels.
Dangerous? Not that dangerous :stern look

You're right, it should be contained within 6 weeks. But it won't be. Because so many people think that a) it won't happen to them b) it's not that big a deal or c) it isn't even real.

You're right, it should be contained within 6 weeks. But it won't be. Because so many people think that a) it won't happen to them b) it's not that big a deal or c) it isn't even real.
The acurate one kindly providing a perfect example of such a person on two of those counts

C) is the result of people procreating with relatives.

This virus is only an issue if you have serious respiratory issues.

If you do, take the appropriate precautions.

The selfish campaigners that can’t follow instructions, well I hope they find themselves face to face with a large carnivorous animal in the JLT too distant future.

Any of you f***ers interested in looking at how man Australians die behind the wheel every year?

We should ban the motor vehicle before we give this virus a second look! Just because someone post sh*t from channel ******* 7 and you campaigners are all living in fear. doesn't make it right.

Mate c'mon

Alarming would be results in the thousands over a prolonged period with similar testing sizes... 10% and up. Alarming... Less than 1%, not alarming.

You know that compound interest stuff that superannuation companies always go on about. It's boring & repetitive, but guess what? It makes sense and is actually true.

This thing changes rapidly so guessing 3 weeks in advance is a dangerous game... With the right interventions, this should be contained within the six weeks the government has set out... I don’t feel we’ll have a day over 1,000 with the current testing levels.

TPA, you've stated that a few times, you wanted LGA's locked down, so I presume that's what you mean by "right interventions". I can't disagree any more with that. In fact, I'll go one step further and say that I personally believe that the half-a$$ed postcode lottery lockdown is why we're in this predicament now. It should have been stage 3 for all of Metro Melbourne then (IE: mid last week). You had the ridiculous situation where quite a few postcodes weren't locked down and they were sandwiched between quite a few that were. Then there was the 3031 debacle... & then finally the Wyndham not being locked down with the rest debacle. Should have been all of metro Melbourne then & there.

Last edited:
You know that compound interest stuff that superannuation companies always go on about. It's boring & repetitive, but guess what? It makes sense and is actually true.

TPA, you've stated that a few times, you wanted LGA's locked down, so I presume that's what you mean by "right interventions". I can't disagree any more with that. In fact, I'll go one step further and say that I personally believe that the half-a$$ed postcode lottery lockdown is why we're in this predicament now. It should have been stage 3 then (IE: mid last week). You had the ridiculous situation where quite a few postcodes weren't locked down and they were sandwiched between quite a few that were. Then there was the 3031 debacle... & then finally the Wyndham not being locked down with the rest debacle. Should have been all of metro Melbourne then & there.

Council areas with large outbreaks, not specifically suburbs.

Council areas with large outbreaks, not specifically suburbs.

Same same to a large extent. I'll give you an example of why: I'm in 1 of the originally locked down postcodes (not to mention that my back fence is literally the border). The CEO of the company I work for demands me to work in our office in the CBD (I probably don't need to outline the consequences if I disagree). I've tested negative, but if I'm asymptomatic positive, then you can postcode/LGA lockdown all you want. I'd be passing it on (... to someone in the CBD... who lives in your LGA... Etc, etc, etc... Compound Interest).

IMO, the reason why they went with postcodes instead of LGA was due to Sunbury being in Hume Council, but not really being anywhere near the main suburbs of Hume. But that's by the by.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing like the old "you disagree with my view, therefore, you are inhumane and don't care about anyone or society"

No matter how important keyboard warriors think they are, it is very, very difficult to get someone to change their view.

Just do the right thing for the next six weeks and we should be in a good spot. Focus on what you can do rather than berate randoms on a football forum.

There's a lot of people out there like you. That is the reason we are where we are.

I've got nothing against you personally, but your outlook is selfish, short-sited and dangerous.

Man , I appreciate your honesty. yeah it might look like i don't care, I actually do. Ya see I have issues with....

* getting a hair cut
* Deakin Uni having childcare still open , and we all know those little *ers are the harbinger of disease.
* Safeway, Coles- whatever ,it's a roman ******* orgy out there.
* whale watching.

This is the biggest load of bullshit ever. You campaigners want lock down I'll deliver that s**t, not this arse licking model than Dan ******* Andrews has delivered.
And I'm over the s**t that gets posted on here, especially from commercial tele, thought we were smarter than that?

* me man, I'm a realist.

Mate c'mon

Buddy I'm a non conformist, and when the above is dealt with, call me.

Nothing like the old "you disagree with my view, therefore, you are inhumane and don't care about anyone or society"

No matter how important keyboard warriors think they are, it is very, very difficult to get someone to change their view.

Just do the right thing for the next six weeks and we should be in a good spot. Focus on what you can do rather than berate randoms on a football forum.

Actually agree with this, even if the insinuation is leaning to one side by using the word "inhumane" which no-one used. As you said; "Just do the right thing for the next 6 weeks". ALL OF US. Not just certain postcodes or LGAs. Correct!?

Last edited:

Well said, but clearly i'm going out of my way to be controversial. It's just how i roll. 🤷‍♂️ I ******* cranky at the minute. I just think too may have rolled over. And yeah I'm a pitch fork kinda guy.

hearin ya , but * 'em though Carlos:)

I do really respect the folk of BF. Just sayin'.

Well said, but clearly i'm going out of my way to be controversial. It's just how i roll. 🤷‍♂️ I ******* cranky at the minute. I just think too may have rolled over. And yeah I'm a pitch fork kinda guy.

hearin ya , but fu** 'em though Carlos:)

I do really respect the folk of BF. Just sayin'.
Naw, I can't stay mad at you.

Consider me trolled.

Hey u want to have a go at me , do it directly. I can take it. I will though add anyone of you that watch commercial tv should be ashamed of yourselves.
It's not worth having a go at people like you directly mate. One can't win no matter how logical and well thought through one's arguments are. You people just jam your fingers in your ears and sing 'lalalala I can't hear you.' Would be a waste of my time. That being said, all you need to do is do the right thing for the next 6 weeks and you would have done a good job as a citizen of Victoria. Have a nice evening.

It's not worth having a go at people like you directly mate. One can't win no matter how logical and well thought through one's arguments are. You people just jam your fingers in your ears and sing 'lalalala I can't hear you.' Would be a waste of my time. Have a nice evening.

Bulllshit zoomba, I'm a very logical thinker. It's sheep like your good self that have got us to where we are today.

How do you believe it should be handled, TAO? I get the impression that you favour the Swedish approach.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
The swedish approach done correctly may work,

by that I mean anyone who's over, say, 60 and/or diabetic, smoker, has lung issues, a poor immune response, inherently unlucky, irresponsible, a cancer patient, or overweight must be locked in their home while the healthy population builds herd immunity.

Also the world needs to be doing the exact same thing for a year or more, while otherwise having business as usual. once enough people build up immunity then you can visit mum and hope for the best.

But it's probably less realistic, risky and very destructive for those in the high risk category.

Fwiw if we are working towards mitigation rather than eliminating the disease from Australia, I don't agree with this second lockdown business. Personally I think we would be better off scaling back to 10/20 people in a venue at a time, as we had through may/june, but with better contact tracing and police/military enforcing isolation orders.

I'd love to know exactly how long this virus had been out in the woods as back in January over a few beers with mates we came to the conclusion that our best bet was to recall all citizens, close borders and have a 2 week hard lockdown to see if we could shut it out before it got out of hand here like it did in China.

Man , I appreciate your honesty. yeah it might look like i don't care, I actually do. Ya see I have issues with....

* getting a hair cut
* Deakin Uni having childcare still open , and we all know those little f***ers are the harbinger of disease.
* Safeway, Coles- whatever ,it's a roman ******* orgy out there.
* whale watching.

This is the biggest load of bullshit ever. You campaigners want lock down I'll deliver that sh*t, not this arse licking model than Dan ******* Andrews has delivered.
And I'm over the sh*t that gets posted on here, especially from commercial tele, thought we were smarter than that?

fu** me man, I'm a realist.

Buddy I'm a non conformist, and when the above is dealt with, call me.
What's wrong with whale watching?

I actually did some with my kids today. Didn't see any whales, but did see a few turtles.

Attachments

• 20200710_140655.jpg
    20200710_140655.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 66
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back