Discussion Logo Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

the fact that this logo from takeheed (he posted some AFL/band logo mashups a while ago that some may remember), didn't win proves people have no taste. Has all the same elements, isn't white (which is the main criticism of the current logo) and doesn't look like a knock off of the Melbourne city logo.
EbowrelVAAA2MMQ

That's not too bad. The shrike in the middle is too complex though.
Needs simplification.

the fact that this logo from takeheed (he posted some AFL/band logo mashups a while ago that some may remember), didn't win proves people have no taste. Has all the same elements, isn't white (which is the main criticism of the current logo) and doesn't look like a knock off of the Melbourne city logo.
EbowrelVAAA2MMQ
Honestly every choice I was voting for was losing by a good 30%, so I'm in full agreeance.

To add to what bomberclifford mentioned it seems like an afterthought. And to have the shrike, on top of a ball with stars, when the design's main feature is a ball made of stars... 🤷‍♂️

Underwhelming is an understatement. Can clubs stop copying Man City please
What about it screams Man City? It's a roundel with outlines - like a lot of clubs.

Melbourne Victory has been rocking an Arsenal-ripoff since inception.

Honestly every choice I was voting for was losing by a good 30%, so I'm in full agreeance.

To add to what bomberclifford mentioned it seems like an afterthought. And to have the shrike, on top of a ball with stars, when the design's main feature is a ball made of stars... 🤷‍♂️
Yeah, not a massive fan of the 'inception' with the ball on the ball, but that's the only issue I have with it, there are several issues with the one that won.

What about it screams Man City? It's a roundel with outlines - like a lot of clubs.

Melbourne Victory has been rocking an Arsenal-ripoff since inception.
The roundel and outlines as you mention, but also the boring Helvetica and establishment mark placement. I recall a few lower level clubs copying the look made popular by Man City. I'll try to find a couple..

Yeah Victory's logo sucks too.

1594445848273.png

merged with

1594445865281.png

to become this

1594445878554.png which changed its logo to this. 1594445902424.png

ESG was purchased by

1594445932620.png

which previously looked like

1594445970693.png

and this.

1594445985284.png

And, finally, for this post, Banijay has a parent company.

This.

1594446029665.png

So, whatever it is you watch, fair chance it's now owned by Vivendi.

Rangers FC have update their Ready crest

new-rangers-logo-2020-1.jpg

These are two of the videos the club released in regards to the change

Footy Headlines also believes their may be a version for the women's teams with a lioness instead of a lion, but there is nothing from the club on this yet.

images

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rangers FC have update their Ready crest

new-rangers-logo-2020-1.jpg

These are two of the videos the club released in regards to the change

Footy Headlines also believes their may be a version for the women's teams with a lioness instead of a lion, but there is nothing from the club on this yet.

images

Did they just assume that Lions gender?

images
It popped up in the background of the crest morph video so I'd say there's something in that :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back