News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're funny man Zonds. It is so true that smart posters on an internet forum would be upset, so they should I'm not rootin' because I can't travel. I can't go to a pub , cause they aint allowed to be open.

Tender Touch I heard may close up shop as the punters can no longer get in the backdoor! I can't see my kids, cause I can't travel. But that's ok cause dumbo is in-charge and blame cannot be apportioned, it's the people fault. Dan will tell ya's that.

Adding to my woes Ms Lisa decided it was time to tell the Lord of War that i exist. Not sure when we discussed that. I was thinking give it a while see how we go- say 30 years.

3hours 45 from his place to my front door. allow say a 5 minute delay at checkpoint Charlie. So I anointed my Choc lab Bruce as minister for security. I did interview other companies but Bruce seemed the best qualified.
LOL. Quality Posting.

People seem to be getting more dumberer and more dumberer by the day. Which leads me to a conundrum. Every day I learn that there is more and more that I don't know. So am I getting smarter or dumber? I reckon I am getting dumber by percentage 🙃

Hmmm. The word use/grammar in that post seems to lend weight to your theory, rickety.

Hmmm. The word use/grammar in that post seems to lend weight to your theory, rickety.
And, as a bonus prize, if you were to pronounce the "b", More Dumberer sounds like a town in regional NSW 🙃

If/when we are told that they’ve developed a vaccine, how inclined are people to go and get the jab ?
I'd probably give it a while myself just to make sure no one grew tentacles out their earlobes or had any other nasty side effects.

Who are we going to believe

Credentialed, University educated medical experts with significant experience in their fields or your mates Davo and Chucklefu** on Facebook who didn't finish year 11 because they dropped out to smoke bongs and finger chicks at Lilydale Station? And who genuinely believe the gubberment is trying to covertly collect the populations DNA under the auspices of a "fake virus" which has infected over 13m people worldwide?
The government has your DNA anyway. They take it at night using mini drones disguised as mosquitos.

They are learning from China: no test, no virus.
It's been like that there for months. I've heard the actual number of deaths in the US is up by hundreds of thousands on this time last year, and that's with less deaths from accidents and public crime.

At the start of May tests for antibodies in symptom free people inNY state showed they were present at 10% across the state and that nearly 20% of people in NYC had antibodies. You can see the figures via the worldometers corona virus stats for the USA.

The only place I trust the figures from is here and that is cos we are testing so many people compared to our positive test rate.

Who writes these articles for news.com.au, Zondor are you ghostwriting for them?

"Commissioner Patton also detailed another breach of restrictions that resulted from a report to Crime Stoppers about “a large amount of men frequenting an address” in Glen Waverley, southeast of the Melbourne CBD, seen “going in and out”.

Putting two and two together, the Sex Industry Coordination Unit was deployed."

How do you join the sex industry do ordination unit. Sounds like fun. Or TAOs dating site handle.

I honestly thought we were past the stage of people thinking that unless they were in a "high risk" category they are perfectly fine to go about their business. I guess not.

If you get this and are unlucky you could be in your early 20s in the prime of your health and it will wreck you. You may die, or it might just ravage your body for weeks or months. And you may end up with 50 year old smokers lungs, damaged kidneys and heart disease. It's done all sorts of crazy stuff. Just to a small percentage of people who get infected but as the numbers rise so do the numbers of those people.

The big deal is the impact this has had on the community Sg. On all ways bar the virus. Jobs, debts, depression, small business etc.
If this virus had run rampant thru the community that would have happened anyway. Only it would have been worse because there would be 5000 dead people, probably 1000 of them under 50, to add to the situation and all the associated heartbreak and economic disruption.

That is in Victoria alone ... Based on comparing it to a similar state in the US (Mass.) And their death toll is probably higher now.

Even with this * up Andrews has done a reasonably good job. In the same way that Gladys Bjorkjerklierklian has in NSW despite the Ruby Princess debacle.

In fact I can understand why the jobs minister pushed for private citizens to be employed doing this during the beginnings of what will probably end up being a depression like economic disaster. It's 1000 plus jobs that otherwise wouldn't be there. It's not just "helping his union mates" it's employing people who probably don't have the sort of financial back up some toffee campaigner like the member for Kew does have.

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If this virus had run rampant thru the community that would have happened anyway. Only it would have been worse because there would be 5000 dead people, probably 1000 of them under 50, to add to the situation and all the associated heartbreak and economic disruption.

That is in Victoria alone ... Based on comparing it to a similar state in the US (Mass.) And their death toll is probably higher now.

Even with this fu** up Andrews has done a reasonably good job. In the same way that Gladys Bjorkjerklierklian has in NSW despite the Ruby Princess debacle.

In fact I can understand why the jobs minister pushed for private citizens to be employed doing this during the beginnings of what will probably end up being a depression like economic disaster. It's 1000 plus jobs that otherwise wouldn't be there. It's not just "helping his union mates" it's employing people who probably don't have the sort of financial back up some toffee campaigner like the member for Kew does have.

Very rare for me to disagree with you buddy, but hey crazy times I suppose. :thumbsu:

The big deal is the impact this has had on the community Sg. On all ways bar the virus. Jobs, debts, depression, small business etc.
The economy should be held above all else?

What could possibly be more important than money?
It's not just money. It's how people order their lives. The economy is the central thing in our society. It replaced religion, some would say it is a religion now. People get meaning from it, it enables them to access the resources they need to survive, gives them something to do and a reason not to murder their neighbours, etc etc

I'm not saying I agree with that attitude either, but its understandable. People see the "damage" this is doing to people's lives and wonder if it's worth it. They can't see the damage the virus may cause cos it's just some s**t on tv. It's not immediate. Making three people redundant is.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's not just money. It's how people order their lives. The economy is the central thing in our society. It replaced religion, some would say it is a religion now. People get meaning from it, it enables them to access the resources they need to survive, gives them something to do and a reason not to murder their neighbours, etc etc

I'm not saying I agree with that attitude either, but its understandable. People see the "damage" this is doing to people's lives and wonder if it's worth it. They can't see the damage the virus may cause cos it's just some sh*t on tv. It's not immediate. Making three people redundant is.
It surprises me that people forget that consumer confidence is a very real thing, and if Australia tried to prioritize business with no lockdowns I have little doubt many, many people would still be hesitant to go out and spend at cafes or in the city.
The difference being if the government left it to the people instead of issuing stay at home orders, they would be less likely to have also implemented things like jobkeeper and other business grants to help get places through.

Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I also have no sympathy for cafes and such that don't make it through. Every single hospitality venue exploits staff because of the nature of the industry. There's adults out there getting 750 a week and it's the highest wage they've made in years.

So my best little mate and I have recently begun this thing where we walk along the beach, towards either Rye or Rosebud, depending on whichever takes our fancy. While we walk, I do my dogooding bit and pick up rubbish, he gallops about like a madman shooting me with whichever bent stick has taken his fancy as the worlds greatest weapon. Anyway, once we reach our destination, we flip out onto the road, grab a takeaway coffee and head back home. We call it "walkin' and talkin' and drinkin' and thinkin' ". Anyway, this arvo we headed towards Rye, beach had been scraped over by the council so no rubbish, and barely anyone at all to say g'day to. On the way back, drinkin' and thinkin', we came across a fella pulled over by a couple of Victoria's finest. Fella was an Asian looking guy, might have been pulled over on suspicion of eating bats (can you say that). Anyway, he was almost pleading to the Officers that "we are still allowed outside". He was then reminded that he was a long way from home. Sounded to me like he was about to become a fair bit poorer too.

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So my best little mate and I have recently begun this thing where we walk along the beach, towards either Rye or Rosebud, depending on whichever takes our fancy. While we walk, I do my dogooding bit and pick up rubbish, he gallops about like a madman shooting me with whichever bent stick has taken his fancy as the worlds greatest weapon. Anyway, once we reach our destination, we flip out onto the road, grab a takeaway coffee and head back home. We call it "walkin' and talkin' and drinkin' and thinkin' ". Anyway, this arvo we headed towards Rye, beach had been scraped over by the council so no rubbish, and barely anyone at all to say g'day to. On the way back, drinkin' and thinkin', we came across a fella pulled over by a couple of Victoria's finest. Fella was an Asian looking guy, might have been pulled over on suspicion of eating bats (can you say that). Anyway, he was almost pleading to the Officers that "we are still allowed outside". He was then reminded that he was a long way from home. Sounded to me like he was about to become a fair bit poorer too.

Was he from Korea or something? And no you probably can't say he was eating bats rickety. Just sayin' .

I think that and yeah fyi the rest of your post is ******* awesome man- good job.

Was he from Korea or something? And no you probably can't say he was eating bats rickety. Just sayin' .

I think that and yeah fyi the rest of your post is ******* awesome man- good job.
Yeah I know, but I did grow up watching Ted Bullpitt 🙃

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back